What's new

Any prospects of a Russia-Pakistan friendship?

globall

New Recruit

Reaction score
Dear Forum members,

I would like to know your views about close friendship prospects between Russia and Pakistan on similar lines as those of Pakistan-China friendship. As now Russia has long abondoned the utopian communist ideology like China and also since Putin came to power has become strongly anti-western in its policies as well as it has friendship with China which is our friend too. Also it seems these two powers are together trying to counter balance the western power and may create a block on the lines of Nato. More, as India is moving in the US camp Russia may feel irritated with India now and it could be a possibility that they too could change their freinds and for this Pakistan is the natural candidate for this region. What do you think about that? Is a Pakistan-Russia friendship a possibility? If thats so it could be beneficial for Pakistan as well as Russia, China and may be Iran.:)

Dear Forum members,

I would like to know your views about close friendship prospects between Russia and Pakistan on similar lines as those of Pakistan-China friendship. As now Russia has long abondoned the utopian communist ideology like China and also since Putin came to power has become strongly anti-western in its policies as well as it has friendship with China which is our friend too. Also it seems these two powers are together trying to counter balance the western power and may create a block on the lines of Nato. More, as India is moving in the US camp Russia may feel irritated with India now and it could be a possibility that they too could change their freinds and for this Pakistan is the natural candidate for this region. What do you think about that? Is a Pakistan-Russia friendship a possibility? If thats so it could be beneficial for Pakistan as well as Russia, China and may be Iran.:)

Yes in the changing geo-politics it is very much workable. I believe threatend by US/NATO alliance, Russia should come forward and establish a new block with China, Pakistan and Iran.

The block will be significant to maintain the balance of power leading to maintainence of peace in the region.

Dear Forum members,

All things kept aside, I ask u a simple question can u ppl have the same kind of friendship with india on the lines of china?? No never rite reason even after 41 years that we were instrumental in breaking ur country u ppl have the heart & @$$ burns u want to take revenge even though day by day ur country is becoming weak compared to india, that desire of revenge doesn't fade away so what makes u think russia will spare u ppl why will it forget when u guys were instrumental in breaking them and it was just 2 decades ago.

Relation between Russia and Pakistan may improve but there will be a elephant called India in the room, so there there will be a limit to which Russia-Pakistan could improve

Please look at Eurasia+:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/180767-geopolitics-eurasia-region.html

I think Russia has great potential to become much closer to Pakistan in the future. Eurasian union proposed by Putin will recreate Soviet Union, kind of. This should be expanded south to include Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan. This future Eurasia+ will be allied with China under SCO. India also may become an SCO member, and this will then reduce the possibility of conflict between India and Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom