What's new

Any possible replacement for G-3?

Zabaniyah

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
We know that Bangladesh Ordinance factory manufactures the German designed G-3 battle rifle.

But, the thing is it is getting old. Turkey already replaced it. And maybe Pakistan might do the same.

BOF currently manufactures Type-56s (AK-47 copy) and Type-81 variants (BD-08).

So, any ideas of a good replacement for the G-3?

Well i think BD-08 is quite a capable rifle...we can run with it for some years to come.

However, we should make M-4 someday...:D

Cheers!!!

Well i think BD-08 is quite a capable rifle...we can run with it for some years to come.

However, we should make M-4 someday...:D

Cheers!!!

The Type-81 is not new. It is a 1960's design in fact. The M-4 use 5.56 mm NATO rounds, which I doubt we make. Also, the M-4 isn't too new either :P

The Type-81 is not new. It is a 1960's design in fact. The M-4 use 5.56 mm NATO rounds, which I doubt we make. Also, the M-4 isn't too new either :P

When was the last time we produced anything new?!? :P

Cheers!!!

My bad, Type-81 is 1980s design.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

How about this bad boy :azn:

SCAR®-H STD

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Although the ammo used by SCAR-H is of NATO standard, 7.62x51mm.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Already used for G-3!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

scar_h_cqc_eglm_d_02.jpg

FN+SCar.jpg

What about any rifle manf in China? As BD and China are close partners now, BD can get good technology production from China too.

What about any rifle manf in China? As BD and China are close partners now, BD can get good technology production from China too.

You mean the QBZ-95? That uses the 5.8x42mm bullets. We don't manufacture those. And I do not think we manufacture 5.56 mm NATO rounds either.

The investments for the required infrastructure would be huge in case of the QBZ-95 which use a completely different bullet.

That's why I recommend the FN SCAR-H, whose ammo we already produce for the G-3.

Back
Top Bottom