What's new

Anti-rigged elections protests

I agree, the pressure has not been placed the way it should have been. It seems like a lost cause to me too. I'm 23, sorry I assumed you were a bit older than me.

Dude, why are you apologizing, I was just kidding ! :)

Khair, whats your alma mater ? I'm in my last few papers of ACCA from SKANS !

Sir, the ECP has been extremely lukewarm in their response to the rigging. Actually, PTI did not want the dharna it was the residents of NA-125 that got together and forced PTI to come.

That dharna was started by PTI so they cannot deny that and secondly ECP has established election tribunal to hear compains against rigging so PTI has a good chance to plea for justice

@Armstrong Yaara why such despondency, you guys have achieved a democratic transition for the first time in Pakistan's history. You've gone through close to a decade of hitherto unseen violence and are still lugging it. Maybe this is the price of that transition, that an established party can out wit a young one and connive its way to power. But a precedent has been set by this transition, not of rigging but of democratic consistency, thereby removing one of the key impediments- the army. So now you're left with one foe- the PML-N..five years will not kill your nation. Five years is more than enough time to spread your roots further and deeper and come up with a proper strategy to counter any clever maneuvering.

Shouldn't that be the focus now, to hit the ground running..its not as if you can find another nation for yourself. Hunker down and get to work man..specially articulate and smart people like you and @Hyperion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, why are you apologizing, I was just kidding ! :)

Khair, whats your alma mater ? I'm in my last few papers of ACCA from SKANS !

Well, dude, I'm just two months away from completing my B.Sc (honours) in Psychology from Government College University, Lahore. UCL before that for the A'levels.

That dharna was started by PTI so they cannot deny that and secondly ECP has established election tribunal to hear compains against rigging so PTI has a good chance to plea for justice

The Lahore one was not started by PTI. I was trying to get PTI to come into it. The PTI official ISF members came at 7.

الیکشن کمیشن نے خود کہ دیا کے الیکشن میں دھاندلی ہوئی ہے ۔ اب الیکشن کمیشن کو چاہیے نادرا کی مدد سے انگوٹھے کا ریکارڈ چیک کر لے کسنے کسکو ووٹ ڈالا دودھ کا دودھ پانی کا پانی ہو جا ئے گا۔ انگوٹھے کی تصدیق سے ہی پتا چلے گا کس کو کتنے ووٹ ملے۔ مجیب الرحمان شامی

paperSS?:what:

but u said its only one paper left in june?:unsure:

caught u!!:victory:

I need only one more exam to complete my ACCA but I'm going for all 4 of the optional (passed one of them, need one...going for the additional two) just to keep my options open & avail the exemptions in ICAEW that come my way ! :)

@Armstrong Yaara why such despondency, you guys have achieved a democratic transition for the first time in Pakistan's history. You've gone through close to a decade of hitherto unseen violence and are still lugging it. Maybe this is the price of that transition, that an established party can out wit a young one and connive its way to power. But a precedent has been set by this transition, not of rigging but of democratic consistency, thereby removing one of the key impediments- the army. So now you're left with one foe- the PML-N..five years will not kill your nation. Five years is more than enough time to spread your roots further and deeper and come up with a proper strategy to counter any clever maneuvering.

Shouldn't that be the focus now, to hit the ground running..its not as if you can find another nation for yourself. Hunker down and get to work man..specially articulate and smart people like you and @Hyperion.

If truth be told Army isn't the demon its made out to be, every time its come to power it has done so with popular blessing. But anyhow Democracy would solve many of our problems for us that a Military Government never could & thats a good thing....maybe finally some of the Institutions that needed to be built will get build.

The despondency is because (i) everyone's blaming Punjab because most of us voted PML N in & because we're the largest province by population there is...we get the most votes - Naturally the veiled bile thats spewed against Punjab & Punjabis as being the ones who foOked up the whole plan, as if others didn't anything better, is enough to leave me both incredibly hurt & understandably angry. And (ii) Nawaz Sharif is low on neurons & high on building roads so that when Pakistan would need investment ASAP, as if it were Jihad, in the Education sector & Micro-Financing to revive the cottage industry, he'd be building a foOking bullet train ! Hes the guy who invests money in Pakistan & gets stuff done.....no doubt about that but its not always the best use of our resources on the most pressing concern of ours !

At any rate the doom & gloom that everyone is suggesting is far from what really is going to happen; Nawaz will get the economy somewhat back on track, Baluchistan will subside & Indo-Pak relations may improve ! But its not nearly what we deserve & what would've come to pass had Imran Khan come to power. What PTI brought to the mix was what I've always argued for - a National Narrative that binds us together, Education & Freedom from US Imperialism !

Well, dude, I'm just two months away from completing my B.Sc (honours) in Psychology from Government College University, Lahore. UCL before that for the A'levels.

Wow....great yaraaa ! :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Democracy win? I don't know about that - I cannot agree that democracy won - Were these elections managed? Well, I think so - PTI's power base was Punjab and it garnered a majority in KPK - huh? Did we really have it wrong?? Well, I suppose it's possible -- but either way, it's a start for PTI -- for those who will not allow themselves to be disillusioned and crushed by defeat and who will remember that defeat is just another step closer to success, I would encourage them to be reminded that "Naya Pakistan" is not just a slogan, it's content is a powerful moral and ethical call to action, it is a cultural transformation - Yes Sir, We want nothing to do with ethnic, caste, gender and class affiliation "Naya Pakistan" moral appeal is not in the word "Naya" but in a Pakistan where "Insaaf" is a birth right and so long as it is denied to Pakistanis, the work of PTI needs doing.

It is beingh hoped that in the mess of KPK, the PTI's message will lose it's appeal, that it's government will be allowed to fail, starved of resources and it's attention diverted, it's energies spent in bickering, it's leadership decimated by terrorists and the temptations of the public treasury-- but if these challenges scare you, if you are disillusioned and your resolve weakened, remember you came to win, and you cannot throw up your hands in the face of obstacles and challenges - you came to win, so the real work must begin - no, not at the level of government, but rather mohallah, chak, abaadi by abaadi - Naya Pakistan is a cultural idea, a spiritual idea, an ethical idea, a moral proposal to allow Pakistanis to right the wrongs.

Army chief unka
Chief justice unka
ECP unka
Police unki
Rangers unki
Elite force unki darbari
Patwari unkay
Election staff unka
America un kay sath
Saudi un kay sath

PTI was living in a fallacy.

Awam PTI kay saath ... thee , hay aur rehay gee

I need only one more exam to complete my ACCA but I'm going for all 4 of the optional (passed one of them, need one...going for the additional two) just to keep my options open & avail the exemptions in ICAEW that come my way ! :)

yeh yeh..juz say u faild in thez 3:P

Back
Top Bottom