What's new

Anti-mine robots used by US Army set to join anti-Naxal forces in Chhattisg

David James

BANNED
Reaction score
Anti-mine robots used by US Army set to join anti-Naxal forces in Chhattisgarh

robot.jpg

Raipur/New Delhi: The Chhattisgarh government has decided to take help of smart robotic machines that could detect and defuse explosive devices used by the Naxalites against the security forces. Until now, hundreds of jawans in anti-Naxal operations have been killed in these mine blasts, many of which are triggered by remote control.

These bombs can remain active 2-3 feet under the ground for many years. The insurgents have blown up landmine-detection vehicles many a times.

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has now developed a device that could come to the aid of the troopers here.

According to media reports, the DRDO has long been working on a device that could detect and defuse explosive devices, and has now successfully developed a robotic technique. This is already in use in the US army, sources said.

The reports quote a source as saying, "These robots could be commanded from a distance of up to 8-10 feet. After getting directives from its operator about the suspected area, the robot will scan the site and confirm or deny the presence of explosives within a few minutes."

Anti-mine robots used by US Army set to join anti-Naxal forces in Chhattisgarh - daily.bhaskar.com

Naxals will come with something new, instead of wasting so much money on arms spend them to raise the living standards of tribals, this is the key, btw i bet that with our leadership these things won't be deployed in my lifetime.

Interstingly I had read that India went an alternate route to the US in robotic bomb defsing robots in the sense the US makes them small and cheap so that if they are blown up it is no biggie but India/DRDO makes them larger more expenise but more advanced meaning they are more capable but obvioulsy it is more dmaging if they ever ever destroyed.

Anti-mine robots used by US Army set to join anti-Naxal forces in Chhattisgarh

robot.jpg

Raipur/New Delhi: The Chhattisgarh government has decided to take help of smart robotic machines that could detect and defuse explosive devices used by the Naxalites against the security forces. Until now, hundreds of jawans in anti-Naxal operations have been killed in these mine blasts, many of which are triggered by remote control.

These bombs can remain active 2-3 feet under the ground for many years. The insurgents have blown up landmine-detection vehicles many a times.

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has now developed a device that could come to the aid of the troopers here.

According to media reports, the DRDO has long been working on a device that could detect and defuse explosive devices, and has now successfully developed a robotic technique. This is already in use in the US army, sources said.

The reports quote a source as saying, "These robots could be commanded from a distance of up to 8-10 feet. After getting directives from its operator about the suspected area, the robot will scan the site and confirm or deny the presence of explosives within a few minutes."

Anti-mine robots used by US Army set to join anti-Naxal forces in Chhattisgarh - daily.bhaskar.com

There is no point using sophisticated technology when there is no political resolve in India to cull these holy cow Maoists in detail.

These technologies are only effective in peace time or areas completely in our control.

Maoist are out spending, out engaging and out exhausting us because It doesn't take time to plant a mine.

This will help CRPF to a very great extent, As most of the casualties of the CRPF are due to IED attacks, and Chattisgarh Government must also purchase laser designators, helicopters and drones (not armed but for reconnaissance missions to locate Maoist camps in jungles (Although drones are already used i prefer drones like RQ-4 Global Hawk).

Om America Jai America

If domestic one are not on same level with US ones, it will be better to buy them as ego is not important than lives of innocents civilians and soldiers. I welcome this move, at least this money will save lives rather than going to Swiss bank.

Naxals will come with something new, instead of wasting so much money on arms spend them to raise the living standards of tribals, this is the key, btw i bet that with our leadership these things won't be deployed in my lifetime.
Rehabilitation programs for ex-Naxalites, development in these regions by state and education are already running in parallel with these security measures. The former ones doesn't give result instantaneously.

Rehabilitation programs for ex-Naxalites, development in these regions by state and education are already running in parallel with these security measures. The former ones doesn't give result instantaneously.

these measures won't help as it is a deep wound and band aids are not useful.The core problem that fuels the tribal uprising is the mining policy of indian kleptocratic govt which dispossesses the native tribals of their ancestral land and on event of protest the police has the policy of killing and terrorising the tribals,this has worsened the tribal crisis. Drones won't be useful in stopping a such a mass uprising.

Transfer of mineral rights to tribals,ceasing mining in tribal areas and major change in mining policy is requisite to dissipate the revolt.Any military measures will worsen the crisis and send India into a bloody civil war(which it is already transformed into) and will lead to dissolution of India.

^ I know the problem and Naxal movement is no longer limited to tribal people. People like doctors, engineers etc. are joining the cause.Fair compensation, proper rehabilitation, employment, healthcare and education is the key. Provide this away from mines, you have your solution. Problem is govt. opted not to do so as in many cases natives never revolted but in this they did.

^ I know the problem and Naxal movement is no longer limited to tribal people. People like doctors, engineers etc. are joining the cause.Fair compensation, proper rehabilitation, employment, healthcare and education is the key. Provide this away from mines, you have your solution. Problem is govt. opted not to do so as in many cases natives never revolted but in this they did.

Doctors,engineers tend to be commanders.The foot soldiers are tribals and a huge part of the tribal population is naxal sympathizer as naxals protect them from corporate-babu nexus in their opinions.The tribals live in a different life style and a very spiritual one too,with ancestor worship,nature worship and totem worship.Destroying their lands is no solution for Ricardian rents of resources.

Compensation and rehab is a solution for the villagers and doctors,engineers.The solution for tribals is to stop harming their way of life and respecting it.Also transfer of mining and mineral rights to tribals is another solution as tribals who don't have spiritual attachment will proceed to mine and modernise in the best way possible .Those who have spiritual attachment will not allow any such mining.Leaving tribal lands to tribals is the solution.The babu solutions are not much useful in my opinion as the perverse kleptocracy will make those solutions ineffective.

Mineral rights
Mineral rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In India mineral rights belong to the state ,in North america(Canada,USA) they belong to the owner.Transferring mineral rights from the govt to tribals is best solution as once achieved 95% of the revolt will dissipate as now the tribals will decide whether they want mining or not. Already 40% of India is a yellow zone which kleptocratic idiotic policies of the govt which is utter treason in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom