What's new

Anti-Ballistic Missiles

MNUH

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello there members,

Well i have a qst related to our defense, Do Pak have any anti-ballistic missles or anything to stop incoming rockets, missiles, warheads etc. anything to defend ourselves in this way??

MNUH

Hello there members,

Well i have a qst related to our defense, Do Pak have any anti-ballistic missles or anything to stop incoming rockets, missiles, warheads etc. anything to defend ourselves in this way??

MNUH
i also think of it sometimes and i concluded that Pakistan must have a ballistic missile defense,Which unfortunately we don't have :(
But we do have some surface to air missiles which can track non ballistic missiles even cruise missiles.This system is the SPADA 2000.
But it has a very small range,so actually Pakistan has no missile defense at all.

somebody correct me if i'm wrong !!!

We don't need them. Pakistan has a restricted budget, therefore the best defense we have is to have offensive weapons.

Pakistan should stash all of its resources behind the development and the deployment of following technologies.

* Multiple Independantly Targetable Reentry Vehicles.

* Manuverable delivery systems

* Triad

* Hypersonic delivery devices

We don't need them. Pakistan has a restricted budget, therefore the best defense we have is to have offensive weapons.

Pakistan should stash all of its resources behind the development and the deployment of following technologies.

* Multiple Independantly Targetable Reentry Vehicles.

* Manuverable delivery systems

* Triad

* Hypersonic delivery devices
but actually if we work on it with china (china already has ...it sort of)....it might come in handy???

Well so the situation is we have SAM sites as aerial defense but we dont have defense from missiles!!!!
i know we have budget problem but IF unfortunately IF we have a nuke inbound, what we will do??

Well so the situation is we have SAM sites as aerial defense but we dont have defense from missiles!!!!
i know we have budget problem but IF unfortunately IF we have a nuke inbound, what we will do??
i have the same concern....but im afraid we will have to take that hit :-)
unless we have a good economy to actually fund anti missile defenses in cooperation with china or some other country.

i have the same concern....but im afraid we will have to take that hit :-)
unless we have a good economy to actually fund anti missile defenses in cooperation with china or some other country.
Well i think China as our partner would allow us to use their anti-ballistic missiles :-)

A ballistic missile in its rawest form is just an devise to toss a warhead to a sufficient height. There on the warhead either follows the trajectory or has some mechanism to alter or modify its trajectory. The problem with theses warheads are that they are very heavy and not designed to glide and hence they literally fall. The speeds they achive is too damn high. No conventional aircraft fly that fast that high. Hence the SAMs are not designed to take out those type of targets. When these warheads descend to reasonable altitudes they are flying (read: falling) faster so all the targeting system fails to find a solution, if a solution is found hardware dose not respond in the time required. plus these warheads are small in comparison of planes hence difficult to detect, so finding them and passing it on to the targeting system is a herculean task in itself.

And that my friends are the reason, why just few countries have BMD and a few handful researching on it.

I hear that Pakistan have a Chinese HQ-9 system..but not confirmed. Any News about this

Pakistan's only defence is offence whenever we have a missile inbound our response wouldn't be to stop it rather fire our missiles in return. This is the strategy our army uses and this has worked so far as it has stopped india from launching attacks on many occassions

Pakistan's only defence is offence whenever we have a missile inbound our response wouldn't be to stop it rather fire our missiles in return. This is the strategy our army uses and this has worked so far as it has stopped india from launching attacks on many occassions
What about the lost we will face
you cant forget the disaster in JAPAN, you all know what sought of damage we are talking about!!
Something has to be done or we are screwed!!

you cant forget the disaster in JAPAN, you all know what sought of damage we are talking about!!
With such a small defence budget we cannot get an anti ballistic missile system rather what we can do is make better missiles to launch a retaliatory strike. The indian chief of army staff said that the only reason they did not attack pakistan in 2003 and 2008 was pakistan's ballistic missiles and this policy

Japan didn't no nuclear warheads to retaliate against USA.
We on the other hand can butt kick India with a nuclear response if it tries to launch a nuclear strike and Vice Versa. That Balance of power in Nuclear Weapons guarantees peace and stalemate

Back
Top Bottom