What's new

Answer: Why Pakistan Navy has her Submarines in Karachi and not in Lahore.

Can I add something ? I am also a karachiat too, my question is why during second world war Britain requested Germany not to attack each others educational institutions and collages? now think of a catastroptic nuclear or conventional war between India and Pakistan which City is going to be suffer more on our side for strategic reason ,? hence accumulating all of your strategic asset in a single City will be biggest blunder,

@Starlord , you seem to be here to vent out rather than even tolerate something enough to listen. Everything is a threat to you, every word is an attack. Believe me people want to engage with you but you're not at that pace. The exchange is obvious.

I am sorry but i am not one of those people that wants engage with him, he is a racist and has made my blood boil plenty of times with his anti Pukhtoon comments. I do pray that he quickly gets his US visa that he has been dying to get.

Can I add something ? I am also a karachiat too, my question is why during second world war Britain requested Germany not to attack each others educational institutions and collages? now think of a catastroptic nuclear or conventional war between India and Pakistan which City is going to be suffer more on our side for strategic reason ,? hence accumulating all of your strategic asset in a single City will be biggest blunder,

That is a good point, we know that in case of a nuclear war the cities that India will hit first are Karachi and Lahore.........and maybe Islamabad.

@jaibi this was my answer to him

I again raise a question in more polite manner

don't think he raised the issue after that, but that day he started atleast 3 threads that i know where the point was that Karachi is being victimized.

I believe his anger and frustration stems from the pain he feels for Karachi. I just saw videos of Karachi rain and to see financial hub of Pakistan decaying, I felt the same pain as a Pakistani. Imagine that for people who live and love that city. No proper development or infrastructure for drainage, garbage, roads etc for decades.

I have plethora of problems with Lahore, but at least the city has done few things half-right (hogging funds from other small cities is a another topic for another time).

Islamabad was built from the ground up, it was always going to be better compared to the rest of the cities

His anger and frustration toward the negligence towards his city is justified. however, blaming other cities/race is not.

Because of PIA layoff,I had the opportunity to see Karachi for about 7 hours. The city is totally different compared to any in Pakistan. I din't spend half a day and fell in love with it. Imagine who are born and raised there. I don't have to wonder why karachites demand better things for it.

The city truly deserves 1000 times more than what it got. Wish it had though. @PaklovesTurkiye

Last edited:
Sir in the mid-90s I remember an uncle of mine from SSG who conducted a proper survey and prepared for such infiltrations; unfortunately, he's not with us anymore but I think that the Musa company has taken this quite seriously too.
@jaibi
BRB-LC can surely accommodate mini-subs......can be used to infiltrate, rather bypass Lahore's defences....reminds me of Rhine and German frogmen operations.

Comes from the fact that the Army has its senior level college at Qta; PAF does in Kci so the PN choose Lhr. The difference arises from the svc requirements in our part of the world. Most South Asian nation's have their thinking dominated by the army with the navy and air force more or less on support roles. Stems naturally from the fact that most of the first gen senior offrs we got from the army rather than the air force/ navy and the west developed quite differently from us. That's not just a recourse question but a mentality one too. The AF/Ns of the region bring up strategic rather than tactical thinking at a very different level: G/Capts or Col equivalent whereas the Army does so at the level of Lt Col. The lowest percentage of promotions from Maj/Sqn Ldr/Lt Cdr are from the army because the game changes significantly whereas in the air forces and navies it comes at the Col/G/Capt lvl.
However, the AF/Ns make up for it by having a much more robust 'field' experience for their Maj/Sqn Ldr/Lt Cdr lvls whereas mostly the army has a much more well rounded one. For instance on the norm a south asian Major would usually rotate on 3 yrs of regimental duty and 2 years of non-regimental duty but from the AF/N that'd be more like 3-5 yrs followed by 2 yrs. Therefore, at the snr lvl the training is a little different for them. It's not needed to be in Kci.
Moreover, the army relies on heavy courses and svc exams for promotion on the whole in South Asia but the AFs/N rely more on field acumen i.e. system/technical proficiency. I've verified this by interacting with many offrs from the region and even Africa this is why I think this difference exists.
@jaibi @PanzerKiel so what was the main reason to move the NWC in first place though? They wanted to expand the campus and/or simply be lot closer to the all the main HQs?

Like why not just keep in Karachi (expand there as needed), so without much movement of faculty and students, you got practical application area at hand right there if needed....you got naval academy at Karachi too.

I suppose NWC doesnt carry a huge courseload for that kind of thing in general so it can be deputed as required to the coastal facilities.

Granted but love quickly sours to hatred if it's not channelized correctly. I love Karachi too but that doesn't mean I 'hate' any other city nor its ethnic group.
I believe his anger and frustration stems from the pain he feels for Karachi. I just saw videos of Karachi rain and to see financial hub of Pakistan decaying, I felt the same pain as a Pakistani. Imagine that for people who live and love that city. No proper development or infrastructure for drainage, garbage, roads etc for decades.

I have plethora of problems with Lahore, but at least the city has done few things half-right (hogging funds from other small cities is a another topic for another time).

Islamabad was built from the ground up, it was always going to be better compared to the rest of the cities

His anger and frustration toward the negligence towards his city is justified. however, blaming other cities/race is not.

Because of PIA layoff,I had the opportunity to see Karachi for about 7 hours. The city is totally different compared to any in Pakistan. I din't spend half a day and fell in love with it. Imagine who are born and raised there. I don't have to wonder why karachites demand better things for it.

The city truly deserves 1000 times more than what it got. Wish it had though. @PaklovesTurkiye

Excellent observation. We payed for it heavily in 71

FF as well and EME too.
Two more contemporary examples; Baloch Regimental Centre in Abbotabad and Punjab Regimental Centre in Mardan. Both are situated in KP.

So,this was a serious question.

pakistan-map.gif

You want your subs to be ''stationed'' 1211 km from the Sea?

I am sorry but i am not one of those people that wants engage with him, he is a racist and has made my blood boil plenty of times with his anti Pukhtoon comments.

I have been seeing a lot of anti-Pukhtoon hatred recently, I wish some members can ease off a bit so we don't have to involve mods. I hate to see Pakistanis fighting amongst themselves on trivial things, we have bigger issues to deal with.

I have been seeing a lot of anti-Pukhtoon hatred recently, I wish some members can ease off a bit so we don't have to involve mods. I hate to see Pakistanis fighting amongst themselves on trivial things, we have bigger issues to deal with.

I was just about to post the same sir - you beat me to it.
United and strong we succeed. So often we see Pakistan citizens bickering from where they are and criticizing each other for menial reasons. Not good or healthy to see.

About 6 years ago i worked with a Jewish colleague - would travel 35 miles out of his way to buy his groceries from a fellow Jew. Think about that for a minute.

Be it Karachi or Lahore - i am sure the right minded and qualified have done it for the right reasons

Peace

Indian psych ops has done a good job in Karachi via MQM in last 3 dacades. I have seen Mahajirs who were born abroad (M.E), never lived in Karachi, all spilling MQM nonsense in US. Now this Politics of victim hood and ethics hatred is inherited by current generation from the last one. It will take atleast one to two generations to go away after Altaf Hussain and all his tools are hanged,

right now all i see is a desperate attempt for attention , I did not quote you ,

I do not believe anyone here would testify to the integrity of your sight or statement. In fact, I would venture the opposite, seeing as how you brought in your own sorrows to a thread which is neither about you nor anyone else's woes. You still continue to do so when the matter should have been settled with my last post.

No one needs your permission to respond to your posts, let alone a mod warning you against breaking forum rules. If you can't handle it and must respond with infantile threats and insults, then I'd suggest a different hobby before you are left with no other option by one of us.

nor you know what I am talking about ?

Surely my fault since you did not leave your woeful post as vague as possible, angling for sympathy and hands on the shoulder. Regardless, whatever "tussle" you were talking about, it had and has nothing to do with this thread. Take it elsewhere.

just want to show that you are relevant right ? go do some work man, leave me be .. if you get your title on sifarish than its not my problem . As i said, no need to Quote me as I don't care what you think of me, and I had my share of putting things out in GHQ without much difference so yes that is another thing,

Unfortunately for you, your care, or the lack thereof, for the forum rules or for what I think does not concern me or my ability to fulfil my moderation duties. I would advise concern on your part since I'd hate to see you on the wrong end of said duties or rules, yet again. Please, make use of GHQ instead of throwing tantrums here.

If you provoke me once more, than trust me I wont go to GHQ, i have taken panga with many other mods, And I never back down !!

Listen, bud. I'll be frank. I understand that this might be some epic battle for you; an opportunity to feel a little better by flexing on the internet. However, it is little more than two delight-less clicks for me. These big threats and childish insults are worth less than those two clicks and, quite frankly, embarrassing. I assure you, you do not scare or impress anyone. Made me and, I'm sure, the "many other mods" chuckle, though. The only reason you and your insolent posts still exist on this thread is because I'd rather not reduce you to those two clicks. In hopes that you might stop acting like an infant and realise your folly. If you still do not and instead, once again, spit on the hand that I have clearly extended towards you without I needing to or you deserving it, the hand which you were pleading for a few posts ago, then I will have no option left but to be swift and decisive. One way or the other, this ends right here.

Please do not derail this thread further and take whatever issues you have with any moderator, including myself, to the GHQ.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Some people have the audacity to ask why a certain Armed forces HQ is not in Karachi instead of Islamabad, but these hypocrites would never question why Altaf Hussain is not in Karachi? Why Nawaz Sharif is not in Lahore? Why Zaradri’s assets are not in Sindh.

there is no sea closer to Lahore so how any submarine operate in such region

Back
Top Bottom