What's new

Another U-Turn: Nawaz to consult PML-N leaders, political parties before resuming talks with PTI!

I think you haven't been following the news for the last 3 weeks...PTI has taken back it's PM resignation demand behind the audit of elections 2013.. so thats a compromise, now N-league isn't willing to agree on points which it previously agreed to, just like forming a judicial comission which included members of ISI and MI but now they're taking uTurn after uturn on that...don't blame PTI for what its currently doing, Blame the Govt. for acting like a bitch when opposition backs away to give it some space to manuvuer.. PTI is now 100% right in keeping the pressure on the govt. until it agrees to the judicial comission demand..

you misunderstood . It was a taunt of imran khan going back to the old ways. I am well aware that they have taken back that ridiculous demand and is now solely focusing on the recount and judicial commission and i am well aware that the govt are hesitant on negotiating with talks as well as they have not followed it seriously as they are focusing on kicking an already down enemy.

PTI is not right in shutting down cities like this. not by a long shot.

The thing is look at it from the govts point of view. They just survived a very very dangerous situation where they were about to lose their power in the parliament. Their resilience paid off and imran khan lost the waiting game. Now they are thinking of using the same strategy to make him not only lose his image but also lose the game however the govt is foolish in this approach as imran may end up losing but the govt may end up losing as well. If they resume talks now and end this then the benefit will go to the govt as they would look like the mature party that has pakistan's best interest at heart rather than looking like they have something to hide big time. Waiting game has limits too.

The thing is back then imran had leverage. Leverage at huge levels. If he had forgotten about the PM resignation demand then he could have come back the proud victor who brought electoral reforms and a more reliable commission than the judicial one for recounts but he overplayed his hand and the result was the bluff was busted and he lost the ground and the pressure the govt was in, was relieved.

Right now imran possess little leverage and has to show his leverage by shutting down cities which is a more negative for him then on the govt.

The govt is right now putting him down completely and making him bleed for every sinngle demand so that when talks resume they will have the upper hand. This is the second time ( today being the latest) imran has called the govt for talks. See how the tables have turned. there was a time when govt was calling him and he was ignoring and now its reverse. If he had at that time worked with a thinking mind then he would have been the victor here.

He can still attain minimal victory if he somehow forces the govt to accept electoral reforms ( the most important of all points and much more important than audit or recount) to make sure the future elections of pakistan are fairer.

I am not saying the govt's point of view is right. Its very wrong even on political levels. Its a not a wise move at all thus i believe both parties are immature. Imran has proven his immaturity a thousand times and so has N league.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom