What's new

Another day another GOLD 🥇 for India.

Didn't see any threads about other countries, this thread in on the top of this forum, India just overtook China and became the world most populous country, and you are celebrating this result? it indeed puzzles me big time.

What..? how many of them do you think are from swimming and aquatic sports?
View attachment 958363

I counted: 28 swimming Gold, 9 canoeing Gold, 1 water polo, 10 diving, 11 rowing, 6 sailing, 4 Dragon Boat = 69 Gold in aquatics.

The gist of the matter is:

If breakdancing is a sport, Yoga is a sport as well.

If Xiangqi is a sport, Silambam is a sport as well.

If there are 10-15 traditional Chinese sports in Asian games: Xiangqi, Jijitsu, Wushu, Dragon Boat. Then there can be 10-15 Indian traditional sports in Asian games as well. We will also win 20-30 additional Gold medals.
I already told you what is separating India and china in Asian games.

1. Too many Chinese traditional sports (10-15) and just one Indian traditional sport: Kabaddi.

2. No swimming culture in India and not being a coastal population like China.

3. Rest (athletics, archery, shooting) tallies I have already shared.

4. Rest is see-saw. India winning in cricket, kabadi, squash. China winning in sports like Football, badminton, volleyball.

I counted: 28 swimming Gold, 9 canoeing Gold, 1 water polo, 10 diving, 11 rowing, 6 sailing, 4 Dragon Boat = 69 Gold in aquatics.

If there are 10-15 traditional Chinese sports in Asian games: Xiangqi, Jijitsu, Wushu, Dragon Boat. Then there can be 10-15 Indian traditional sports in Asian games as well. We will also win 20-30 additional Gold medals.

1. Too many Chinese traditional sports (10-15) and just one Indian traditional sport: Kabaddi.

4. Rest is see-saw. India winning in cricket, kabadi, squash. China winning in sports like Football, badminton, volleyball.
lol, how about the Olympic Games? this Asian Games are in Hangzhou, so it's not fair, last year's Olympics were in Tokyo, fair enough?

I can't believe you are really working on medal comparing China with India, I suggest maybe you should try south Korea or Japan first.

lol, how about the Olympic Games? this Asian Games are in Hangzhou, so it's not fair, last year's Olympics were in Tokyo, fair enough?

Indians do well against Chinese in athletics, but loose to Jamaicans.
Indians beat the white guy on wrestling, but loose to central Asians.

That's why no medals in Olympics.

CWG 2022 wrestling for you:

1696505918786.png

1696505964265.png

4 Indians and 2 Indians from Canada, btw. 6/6 Gold against UK, Australia, Canada, Africa, 50+ nations.

If we aren't best at something, does not mean we do better than Chinese in something or Westerners in another thing.

Indians do well against Chinese in athletics, but loose to Jamaicans.
Indians beat the white guy on wrestling, but loose to central Asians.

That's why no medals in Olympics.

CWG 2022 wrestling for you:

View attachment 958372
View attachment 958373
4 Indians and 2 Indians from Canada, btw. 6/6 Gold against UK, Australia, Canada, Africa, 50+ nations.

If we aren't best at something, does not mean we do better than Chinese in something or Westerners in another thing.
I can't believe you are really working on medal comparing China with India, I suggest maybe you should try south Korea or Japan first.

Japan and Korea do not directly compete with India in Asian games in any sports. But China does.

Japan won 21 Gold medals in swimming, cycling and Judo.
SK won 17 Gold medals in fencing, swimming and Taikwondo.

India won 0 Gold in these sports. These form of fighting styles or even martial arts are not played in India. So, what should I compare with Japan or South Korea ??

Even Kurash (a form of Martial art in Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan) is not played in India.
Our form of Martial Arts (Kalaripayattu) is not covered in Asian games.

This only shows how Japanese form of Martial arts (Judo) have 15 Gold medals, while Indian form of martial arts (Kalaripayattu) has 0 medals to grab.

Last edited:
Yes, India should have performed way better. But this is not pathetic.

India has zero swimming culture. There aren't more than 4 Olympic size pools in New Delhi (capital of India), forget about the rest of India.

Most of India's population is landlocked and not a ocean facing population like China.

Have you ever heard of landlocked nations like Iran, Uzbekistan winning in swimming ?? People living in coastal areas (like China) always have an advantage here as they don't need infrastructure in swimming.

On the other major Asian game sport, Athletic:

View attachment 958357

India won 29 vs 39 medals for China. Despite loosing 7 Gold medals too African athletes from middle East.

Here are “7 athletic Gold medals lost by India in African Games”:

1) Men's 1500 m: Mohamad Al-Garni: Moroccon born Qatar athletic which beat India to a silver.

2) Men's 10,000m: Birhanu Balew: Ethiopian born Bahrain athlete which beat India to a silver.

3) Female 1500m: Winfred Yavi: Kenyan born Bahrain female which beat India to a silver.

4) Female 3000m: Winfred Yavi: Kenyan born Bahrain female which beat India to a silver.

5) Men4x400: 4 Nigerian born Bahrain males which beat India to a silver.

6) Men's 800m: Nigerian born Essa Ali Kazwani which beat India to a silver.

7) Men's 5000m: Birhanu Balew: Ethiopian born Bahrain athlete which beat India to a silver.

Rest of it is see-saw. India is winning in sports we play: Cricket, Kabaddi, Squash.
China is winning in sports it plays.

It is interesting to see all these African athletes running for Bahrain and Qatar

Japan and Korea do not directly compete with India in Asian games in any sports. But China does.

Japan won 21 Gold medals in swimming, cycling and Judo.
SK won 17 Gold medals in fencing, swimming and Taikwondo.

India won 0 Gold in these sports. These form of fighting styles or even martial arts are not played in India. So, what should I compare with Japan or South Korea ??
Or you can claim that China directly competes with every country in every sport and every single country should compare with China.

As usual Chinese are winning gold medals in sports that resemble indoor skill games.

Or you can claim that China directly competes with every country in every sport and every single country should compare with China.

See both India and China should directly compete with every country in every sport. Given their population sizes.

But when you have 15 Gold medals for a Japanese form of Martial arts (Judo), while 0 Gold medals for an Indian form of martial art (Kalaripayattu). The comparisons aren't fair.

Xiangqi, Ju-jitsu, dragon boat, wushu, etc, etc. These are names of Pokemon as per Indians.

How come breakdancing is a sport while Yoga is not. Give us 20 Gold in Yoga if you are asking us to admire for your tons of local traditional Gold medals.

Lets have Asian games featuring 20 Indian and Pakistani traditional sports: Kalaripattu, Silambam, Kho Kho, gilli Danda, Pachhisi, Jallikatu. And none of your Pokemon named sports.

See both India and China should directly compete with every country in every sport. Given their population sizes.

But when you have 15 Gold medals for a Japanese form of Martial arts (Judo), while 0 Gold medals for an Indian form of martial art (Kalaripayattu). The comparisons aren't fair.

Xiangqi, Ju-jitsu, dragon boat, wushu, etc, etc. These are names of Pokemon as per Indians.

How come breakdancing is a sport while Yoga is not. Give us 20 Gold in Yoga if you are asking us to admire for your tons of local traditional Gold medals.

Lets have Asian games featuring 20 Indian and Pakistani traditional sports: Kalaripattu, Silambam, Kho Kho, gilli Danda, Pachhisi, Jallikatu. And none of your Pokemon named sports.
How about the Olympic Games? this Asian Games are in Hangzhou, so it's not fair, last year's Olympics were in Tokyo, fair enough?

China won 38 gold medals in last year's Tokyo Olympic Games, how many India won?

How about the Olympic Games? this Asian Games are in Hangzhou, so it's not fair, last year's Olympics were in Tokyo, fair enough?

China won 38 gold medals in last year's Tokyo Olympic Games, how many India won?

I have given more analysis to what happened in Olympics 2020.

China won most medals in weightlifting (7 Gold) as the Asian game and world leader in weightlifting:
1696517809140.png

North Korea did not participate in 2020.

Your national sport, champion table tennis team:

Is now loosing to India.

And in badminton, India is giving strong competition to China.

With 11 players in top 100 v/s7 for China. And top ranked player being similarly placed.

You got lucky as Indian player got injured in Asian games. Else we would have won Gold. We were 2-0 up in doubles, but had to play a poor player.

Rest medals, again I see in diving and swimming.

Although it is impressive. Given that North Korea will be participating in Olympics next year. And how China has started loosing to India in Table tennis and badminton. The tally may not be as strong next year.

Back
Top Bottom