Pakistan
Android users more humble and honest than iPhone users, study finds
By News Desk
Published: December 1, 2016
116SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1250174-iphoneapplechinare-1480568505-201-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: Reuters

Do you have an iPhone? If so, you may need to be concerned.

A new study has found that iPhone users may be lacking in some character traits in contrast with Android users. The study suggests iPhone users have lower levels of honesty, humility, faithfulness, loyalty and modesty as compared to Android users.

Frenzy: Fans queue up to buy Apple’s latest iPhone

After questioning more than 500 participants about themselves and their attitudes to their smartphones, researchers at the University of Lincoln, Lancaster University, and the University of Hertfordshire found that iPhone users are also more likely to see their phone as a status symbol than Android users.

Not only that but they were said to be more emotional and are more likely to be extroverted.

Further, the study found that Android users were less interested in wealth and social status, and were more honest and agreeable. The study, published in the journal Cyberpsychology, Behaviour, and Social Networking, also suggests that Android users are less likely to break rules for personal gain.

Who in Southeast Asia pays the most for an iPhone 7?

The researchers designed a computer programme based on their findings. The programme predicts what smartphone people owned and it guessed correctly 70 per cent of the time.

Android and iPhone devices account for over 90 per cent of all smartphones sold worldwide. As smartphones continue to gain momentum across a variety of research disciplines. These findings are suggestive of increasing use of smartphones within research.

This article originally appeared on Independent

I know some iphone/apple extremists and believe me they are extremists :lol::lol:. You show them some feature on a android device that will come on apple in few years their response is apple/iphone is da best. Holiness Steve Jobs will be proud of them:woot::woot:

LOL! If Apple was a Chinese company people on here would be lining up saying how great they are instead of DJI.

Any studies of Xiaomi vs Oppo vs Lenovo vs Huawei vs etc...or would that sound silly....just imagine Apple (as a Chinese company) strung on that list.

Last edited:
If Apple was a Chinese company people on here would be lining up saying how great they are instead of DJI.

Any studies of Xiamo vs Oppo vs Lenovo vs Huawei vs etc...or would that sound silly....

Best android is sony xperia

Last edited:
LOL! If Apple was a Chinese company people on here would be lining up saying how great they are instead of DJI.

Any studies of Xiaomi vs Oppo vs Lenovo vs Huawei vs etc...or would that sound silly....just imagine Apple (as a Chinese company) strung on that list.

Come on. Stop making up stuff.

Apple users are renowned for their stubbornness and pride. This has nothing to do with China. I work in the IT industry and I know when I get to meet an Apple user.

Last edited:
Apple users being proud and arrogant is nothing to be surprised about because the brand "Apple" was designed to be for elite class worldwide to differentiate them from the middle class. Very elite class person or a wannabe go for Apple just to show himself as being better than rest of the people around with smartphones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom