What's new

Featured Analysis: Indian T-90S main battle tank facing Chinese Type 15 light tank

In all the videos and images I've seen of the VT5 and type 15, I don't see any rifling in the barrel. I suspect sources are wrong and the gun is a smoothbore. Also doesn't make sense for china to develop a rifled gun.

T-90S which India purchased are around 46 Tons already I am pretty sure couple of tons could be shaven off from non essential Armour or system to make them even lighter say ~43-45 tons.

No, It doesn't matter nor the weight reduction is enough to significantly boost mobility in that kind of terrain, it's safer to stick to the extra protection to complement the T90S' decent APS

T-90s and T-72 are deployed in Himalayan region from Nefa to Sikkim to Ladakh from a decade or so.
Chinese just started deploying thr armour.
Pretty sure experience gives India some edge here also.

We're talking about wartime mobility here where flexibility goes hand in hand with urgency, that's very different. Besides the technical edge, with proper planning the chinese won't have to worry much about how well you know the terrain

Also at 16000ft terrain of Ladakh, there is nothing called 'Light'

Yes there is, It's about ease of movement halfwit, there's a reason your country is undertaking the procurement of light tanks for HAW in lieu sticking to the medium ones which not only will find it hard to maneuver but they will additionally face engine issues

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom