What's new

Analysis| Government and PDM

Neutron

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Nowadays Politics in Pakistan is not only the struggle of political parties to gain public support instead it is an attempt to reduce the alleged role of the establishment in election and selection of political forces to rule this country. Political leaders often from the opposition parties argue that it is the deep state which is supporting one particular segment or political force thus playing an unconstitutional role. Opposition parties also branded democratically elected PM as selected PM to discredit him. This situation is not at all good sign for the political stability of the country, therefore, there is a need to discuss options and strategies to handle this political fuss with a hypothetical question

Suppose you are PM of Pakistan instead of Imran Khan how will you handle this situation?

My answer:- There are limited options because I want to continue ruthless accountability of all corrupt politicians to clean their mess. I know that they all will gang up and they will fight for their survival.
So to keep the public on side of my stated objective, I will choose to bring the third voluntary leader demanding ruthless accountability of all corrupt politicians in this equation. Instead of criticising the opposition myself, I will prefer to sit back and work on the reforms and accountability drive, leaving the opposition and revolutionaries fight each other politically for public support.

Current Scenario. We can't assume PM the supreme head of a political party is a politically stupid guy. He is PM because he is politically intelligent than any other average human being that's why he is on the position of power. So if he is not strategizing for his stated objectives than we can conclude that he along with his allies & team in the position of power is not serious about their stated objectives of accountability. So the reality is the opposite. I can therefore presume that this rise of PDM movement and government not strategizing to deal with them proves that PDM is now preparing grounds for the justification of government failure to continue accountability and silent NRO.

Action Item for reformists and revolutionaries is to organise themselves as a third force and stop any move of elites of this country to make fool of the nation. The corrupt political dynasties must not be allowed to re-emerge again and it should not be the excuse for unfulfilled promises of PM IK. In my view, this is the betrayal and elites controlling the power switches of the country in the respective administrations should not allow the same old faces to play political tricks in national chessboard. It's time for the reformist and revolutionaries to stop any attempt of NRO.

Last edited:
I can therefore presume that this rise of PDM movement and government not strategizing to deal with them proves that PDM is now preparing grounds for the justification of government failure to continue accountability and silent NRO.
It's time for the reformist and revolutionaries to stop any attempt of NRO.
As long Imran Khan is PM, he won't allow any NRO. That's what he said repeatedly since the first speech as PM of Pakistan.
Political leaders often from the opposition parties argue that it is the deep state which is supporting one particular segment or political force thus playing an unconstitutional role.
Deep state is always subservient to the elected govt. However questions are always raised on deep state's involvement before, during and after the elections. I am not so sure but it seems to me that there are certain political forces that are favorites and others are undesirable to the deep state. So deep state may work behind the scenes to influence election in a direction that suits its own interests.

Last edited:
Intent and object of the deep state in participating electoral process is to ensure security and smooth functioning of elections process that too on the requisition of the election commission and the federal government which gives them reasonable justification for their alleged involvement. If the civilian government is not capable to conduct the election at all without the support of military then military, also deserve indemnity for the acts and steps taken in good faith.

Back
Top Bottom