What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

Few things, i live in karachi and go through karsaz, malir cantt region ofen but have not seen anything yet? I cant say AK-2 is in service or not, maybe Umair has seen something so his emphasis cant be denied, though there,s still confusion among many who mention AK-1 as AK-2.
the one who is on Shahra e Faisal........ But i think they were those prototypes.

I don't know about PA having AK-2s or not but I have discussed same concerns which are discussed on PDF many times with an active duty officer who have commanded tank squadron too, and he said we have same modern tech as any other country in the world, further I asked that IA is getting T90s and other stuff like AH-64s, in response he said that all have been taken care off and we can kick Indian ***, that is why they don't attack.

Maybe there are systems which PA never want to publicize but they have them like A-100s, they were only displayed when PA thinks it was right time to display them publicly.

His worry was internal disintegration of the country not India bcoz he said we can handle them if we are strong from within and he was quite right.

Desperately waiting for this hairy beast. :coffee:

@Dazzler @farhan_9909

no clue on AK-2, all i know that there were one or two prototypes developed at HIT couple of years ago, what is their current status? no idea.

there are many weapon systems in army arsenal that we have no idea about, and i mean MANY !!

no clue on AK-2, all i know that there were one or two prototypes developed at HIT couple of years ago, what is their current status? no idea.

there are many weapon systems in army arsenal that we have no idea about, and i mean MANY !!

It was recently reported in the news that the AK-2 is nearing completion.

As in active service or under development?

It was recently reported in the news that the AK-2 is nearing completion.

Tht article didnt make any sense..

The Pakistanis realized that in a defence Situation and if our Tank commanders know the indian tank direction of impact/attack, they can prepare a good defence with "duging in" the own Tanks.....which can safe their Tanks, can suprise the enemy and hold the ground against a bigger enemy.

asadbabildugin.jpg

That is the reason why all Pakistani Alkhalid Tanks have the item/ front shield to prepare their dug in Position with their front outrigger.

dug in.jpg

can everyone see the front shield or the front outrigger in this picture ?
al_khalid_l1.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think guys and girls the Alzarrar,Type-85IIMP also have this Item for "dug in" ?

What are your thoughts about this "dig in" concept/tactic ?

What do you think guys and girls the Alzarrar,Type-85IIMP also have this Item for "dug in" ?

What are your thoughts about this "dig in" concept/tactic ?
the concept is fine IMO
decreases the need for a dedicated support vehicle and save precious time and i don't think Al Zarrar has this ability

the concept is fine IMO
decreases the need for a dedicated support vehicle and save precious time and i don't think Al Zarrar has this ability
The sense of the turret-side skirts was:

"Rubber skirts hangs from the turret front which is believed to reduce the signature of the T-80U and deflect top attack bomblets."

Army Guide - T-80, Main battle tank

It is sad that the Alkhalid Tank, Alzarrar Tanks and the Type-85IIMP have not this turret skirts.

The T-80UD has it !

Would this Skirts make any sense for our Alkhalid Tank, Alzarrar and the Type-85IIMP Tanks ?

Explosive reactive armour which is the most common type we are using.
As far as what I have learnt till now that Reactive armour also has following variations:
-Self limiting explosive reactive armour(SLERA)
-Non energetic reactive armour(NERA)
-Non-Explosive reactive armour(NxRA)
Unlike ERA and SLERA, NERA and NxRA can withstand multiple hits!?
I guess,that we need to work upon that!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom