What's new

An American in Lahore: Pakistan saved me (must read)

so you guys gonna post about every foreigner who came to pakistan ?and than you accuse Indians that they need validation from there foreign masters in order to look good.

You are right, we don't need validation from her how great living in Pakistan can be ( and also how challenging ), still it is good to know she is having a good time. The point she makes is that it is all in the attitude i.e. your attitude determines your happiness.

She seems to have adjusted well. Since she is a graduate of Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service , I wonder if she is attached with the US Consulate in Lahore ?

dude you missed the sarcasm in his post

i didnt miss the sarcasm, though i do profess once again that all humans should visit Pakistan and see it once in their lifetime......especially Lahore (and im not biased, i hail from northwest)

one single question why are indians burning sheesh this is pdf and members club we can post and be happy about whatever we want you can do the same in your defence..... and ofcourse much much much more importantly then burning indians i am glad you enjoyed being in pakistan and pakistan enjoys having you here

bowing-man_med.gif

bowing.jpg

Great Story

Being in the textiles business we have a lot of foreigners visiting us (Europeans) and i always make sure to ask them what was their perception before and after arriving. All of them (and i am sure they are not just being polite) say that they perceived or were made to perceive wrong and Pakistanis are peaceful and hospitable. We normally avoid taking them to restaurants with desi food but the ones visiting frequently usually ask for Desi food in which case we take them to Cuco's or BBQ Tonite and they enjoy thoroughly.

Image of Pakistan in Europe extremes to the perception that all Pakistanis live in caves/Nomads, ride horses and carry around guns and bombs.

nothing to be proud off- we have this one girl- while thousands of Pakistani girls find peace some where else other than Pakistan-

yes she is right

ho jay ga
fiker na kero
aram se

these are damn words we use even in worse time :lol:

Damn I am passing through my toughest life time since last 1-1/2 years and these words console me every now and then when I am in immense pressure to deliver projects in time ... and these are the words which take my work to its successful finish with quality Alhumdulillah ... and in the end I always drop the idea to suicide :rofl: :pakistan: ...

I would say that life is more orderly, clean, secure in the US; but it's raunchier, wilder, more real in Pakistan. Not necessarily in agreement with everything she said, but a good piece nonetheless.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom