What's new

Amitabh Bachan considered for President post: sources

Introvert

Reaction score
Amitabh Bachan considered for President post: sources​
NEW DELHI: Just about five months are left for President A P J Abdul Kalam's term to end, and parleys seem to have already begun, to handpick his successor.

If sources are to be believed, then superstar Amitabh Bachchan's name is doing the rounds in political circles.

Bachchan's friends in the Samajwadi Party (SP) have begun whispering his name as a potential candidate, with the support for his candidature allegedly coming from a gamut of political parties consisting of the SP, TDP (Telegu Desam Party), AIADMK and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).

According to sources, the Samajwadi Party has even had a word with the Telugu Desam Party President N Chandrababu Naidu some time back. After the alleged talks, Naidu seems to be veering around to supporting the Big B. Naidu has been quoted as saying that the TDP has set a trend by supporting a non-politician as president. TDP sources also say that the party thinks Bachchan as the President of India will motivate youth.

All this talk may surprise even the megastar, who has said that he is not looking to give up acting. Sources confronted several Samajwadi party leaders with this report and received mixed reactions.

Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav simply said, “Please don't put such nonsensical questions to me." Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh was cryptic, “The Media can go ahead and say anything. It can make Amitabh Bachchan a PM or President. Big B is like a kite. Let see how far he can fly,” he said.

Rajya Sabha member Shahid Siddiqui said, “If there is a consensus on the issue, SP would support the name of Amitabh Bachchan for Presidentship.”
http://thenews.jang.com.pk/updates.asp#17919

You gotta be kidding, Amitab bachchan a good actor in his own right, but he is NOT my PRESIDENT MATERIAL....

Many 'actor turned politician' have tried their luck but failed badly.
Vijanti Mala initially was considered to be pressidential material but she never gained status outside South.

Not every mega stars can pull a 'Ronald Reagan' :lol:

You gotta be kidding, Amitab bachchan a good actor in his own right, but he is NOT my PRESIDENT MATERIAL....

Ever heard of "The Terminator".... I will be back........:eek:

Many 'actor turned politician' have tried their luck but failed badly.
Vijanti Mala initially was considered to be pressidential material but she never gained status outside South.

Not every mega stars can pull a 'Ronald Reagan' :lol:

Their Abdul Kadir is a President. Because i believe he made a bomb. :)

Thats Abdul Kalam webby, must be a slip of the tongue. ;)

Actually President Kalam is liked not just for his contribution in missile development, he was also there in ISRO and he was actively involved in Space launches too. And best of all, he comes from very humble begninings, he used to sell newspapers on the streets as a kid, he has come a long way from then. That is why most Indians respect him a LOT.

Truely, Kalam was one of the best Presidents we have actually.

Abdul Kalam is the president of India and he will be still has a President.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom