What's new

Amir Khan demolishes Salita

76 seconds?

Hot DAMN! :)

this guy is gonna go places, Inshallah. Rising star.

as for the religions of the boxers, it is not worthy of mention.

very unprofessional to bring it up, especially during sport.

HQ - FULL VIDEO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is crap journalism....
Also the fight went on for 72 seconds 10 seconds is a bit exagerated...
I am not at all happy with the result....
Gosh I paid 15 £ for this match and what did i get 10 minutes of wafel with 72 sec of action.

I think the article didn't say the fight was over in 10 seconds. It only said...
"Khan knocked Salita to the canvas after barely 10 seconds at Metro Radio Arena" so it's just referring to the first time when Salita fell down.
The article does say that it took 72 seconds for the fight to finish. It's even in the title

Salita was born in Ukraine, and brought up in the United States. Can someone explain to me why he showed up with an ISRAELI flag to the fight?

The reason why people are mixing religion and nationalism in this fight is because both boxers practice their faith. At least Khan wasn't stupid enough to bring out a Pakistani flag. His green and white shorts were more than enough to represent Pakistan.

Anyway, it was an amazing fight! King Khan was just way too much for Salita.

Dude Amir Khan is a beast, he's been training the best Pound for Pound fighter in the world Manny Pacquiao..Of course he's going to knock out any low level seed, and another thing Jew's can't fight :P

Congrats to our boy and to all Pakistani's .. furtermore, i agree i don't like to mix religion with sports or anything else its a sport & our boy one and gave the other a hell of beating thats it so lets leave it at that.

I think faith is always a source of motivation in life .

If Salita brings a star of david with him because he believes it gives him motivation then so be it. And if Amir Khan likes to have a crescent engraved on his belt and wear green and white shorts and rolls out the prayer mat before a fight to pray, than so be it.

It's their personal choice and they have the right and freedom to practice and "wear" their religions on their sleeves so to speak.

Why do you all have a problem with it?

And why do you love shoving 'secularism down every ones throat?

Get over it.

Interesting, It was Dmitriy Salita first defeat :yahoo:within 72 seconds :rofl:
Aamir Khan Rocks :tup:

Last edited:
Aamir Khan is currently getting sh*t from a portion of British fans for moving his training from England to the US, and for expressing his Pakistani and religious identities a bit too often. They claim that he has somehow betrayed his British fans by hiring an American trainer, training in LA and wanting to fight in the US. However, when Ricky Hatton did the same after losing to Floyd Mayweather Jr., nobody raised a similar concern. Khan himself has said that, had he been White, he would have been a superstar in Britain. This goes to show that there is a minority in the sport that would only support a Christian, White boxer, hence race and religion cannot be entirely separated from Boxing. The fact that most Muslims around the world supported Khan and most Jews supported Salita is just another story along the same lines. It had nothing to do with the fight itself, but had everything to do with the business of boxing.

However, despite this, he remains very popular in Britain overall. His biggest possible payday would be a fight with the ex-British hero, Ricky Hatton. Technically, Aamir Khan should be a favorite for that fight; he is quicker, stronger, has much better technique, can reach farther and has youth on his side. Almost all boxing experts would give Khan the knod to run over Hatton, barring some freak one-punch knockout. However, if and when the match occurs, I would be surprised if support of Khan is anywhere near the same as support for Hatton. Hatton has a hard-core following of fans in Britain; his style is very crowd pleasing, he has a lot of power in his punches, basically making him a brawler who boxes. The only two technically sound boxers he fought, he lost.

In nearly all the posts, i did not see anyone mention (i may have missed that post) the Israeli flag being held by one of the Salita team members behind the guy who was holding the US flag in the ring at the start of the full videos, and the Israeli flag was held for quiet sometime rather till the fight began.

So if Salita is an American, whats the Israeli flag doing with the US one or why is it being waved ??

What i believe is that Salita and entourage did try to make this fight into a fight of religions or a fight between a Pakistani & Israeli, as the Israeli flag in the background has no other meaning then what i just perceived above, if am wrong or missed something, correction is welcome.

I want to see a fight :) between Amir Khan (pak) Vs Vijender singh (Ind):)

8e771cb8fa3d0c91edb4d184435320ee.jpg

Vs

7fc308adda7e3559a7eec09f613f952e.jpg

Attachments

• 8e771cb8fa3d0c91edb4d184435320ee.jpg
    8e771cb8fa3d0c91edb4d184435320ee.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 9
I'm not a Boxing geek but there got to be a way to make it to top where boxers begin to dream to play with.... lord of the ring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom