What's new

Americas Antares explodes seconds after Launch, destroying Cygnus CRS-3 Spacecraft destined for ISS

He asked for accomplishments, not only of successful launches. Russia can have a thousand successful launches of dummy satellites and that would tilt the stats in Russia's favor. But if we are talking about real accomplishments, the Moon landing and the Space Shuttle program got everyone beat.
- first man / women in space
- first Satellite
- first space station
- first alternative to GPS

- first man / women in space
- first Satellite
- first space station
- first alternative to GPS

amazing you beat us by a few years on the firsts truly admirable.

e46d87d84e755b6990f0dd1aa3c8840f.jpg

Really, getting to orbit it old hat. Been done. Where are your Mars probes? Jupiter? Saturn? Neptune? Pluto? comets? Russia/USSR's Mars record is 5 out of 18 successes. Only China and Japan have worse rates, because they've each only tried once.

NASA has 16 successful missions to 5 failures at Mars. 9 successes to 1 failure at Venus. 2 successes and no failures at Mercury. 6 successes to 0 failures on Jupiter missions. 4 missions have looked at Saturn (no failures). NASA has done fly-bys of both Neptune and Uranus. NASA has probes on the way to both Ceres (an asteroid) and Pluto. Russia isn't doing anything like that - just launches, largely for other people.

In terms of people in space, NASA has put about 330 Americans in space, Russia about 120 Russian/Soviet citizens.

And of course, putting 12 people on the moon. Only Americans have been on the moon thus far. Looks like China will be next, at the rate things are going. Russia does not appear to be in the running for that.
-----------------------------------------
Getting to orbit is what we outsource. It's like hiring Mexicans to mow your lawn. Thanks, here's your payment. Come back next week, maybe we'll have more work for you.

yeah than keep outsourcing just like you outsourced to china. Who cares if some toys are landing on mars if we own the local business to launch satellites and manned space flights which brings actually money. Also nice racist rant on mexicans mods should look into it.

In terms of people in space, NASA has put about 330 Americans in space, Russia about 120 Russian/Soviet citizens.

yeah with our rockets you payed us, thanks buddy

And of course, putting 12 people on the moon. Only Americans have been on the moon thus far. Looks like China will be next, at the rate things are going. Russia does not appear to be in the running for that.

your moon mission was fake everyone knows that

also
Russian Federal Space Agency is elaborating Moon exploration program - News - Russia - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

9 successes to 1 failure at Venus.
great and what have you archived there? nothing

Russia actually got the surface and got pictures, you have nothing

Russia/USSR's Mars record is 5 out of 18 successes. Only China and Japan have worse rates, because they've each only tried once.

yeah because they have not the ability either, europe needs our help to get into mars with exon mars mission same way with glonass which they need our help as we are the only alternative to gps. We are much more productive for our smaller budget and economic size than America and others in space industry this is fact.

This is pretty disingenious to say, as without ESA's collaboration you cannot achieve ExoMars mission objectives on your own.

European GNSS Agency
you need our rockets to shoot your satellites into space and some russian communication for your galileo joke, exo mars is shot by russia into space all you have is your rover everything else is made by russia

you need our rockets to shoot your satellites into space and some russian communication for your galileo joke, exo mars is shot by russia into space all you have is your rover everything else is made by russia

lmao...no Russian communication is needed, infact, we have even had to install a network of satellites to correct incoming GPS and Glonass eventually Galileo signals to less than a meter error.

What is EGNOS? | European GNSS Agency

As for, the mission, the rocket is Russian, orbiter (built by Thales) has 2 Russian instruments (same instruments that you couldn't get to Mars on your own in 2011) and rover has a Russian made landing platform (fingers crossed it doesn't fail!), but all the major components like orbiter, lander and rover are ESA made and the whole operation will be ran from an ESA center, so.......

Last edited:
The bulk of the Americans who've been is space went on various shuttle missions. There are maybe 20 or so who've gone up on Soyuz missions. There is some cross over the other way - Russians on STS missions as well. Neither is a big percentage of overall numbers.

List of space travelers by nationality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -- lists the method of travel as well as names and countries. NASA has not put someone into space by themselves in a few years, but due to nearly 30 years of the shuttle program (7 at a time, multiple shuttles) they are way way ahead on total numbers.

You are overestimating the Russian space program. Almost everything significant was accomplished by the CCCP, more than 20 years ago, no recent exploration at all. Since the breakup of the CCCP, the history of Russian space ventures is littered with failures, incomplete projects, and joint ventures that Russia has a hard time keeping its end of the funding up for. Half the budget goes to the international space station - and its only real accomplishment is having people in space. The real science is being done with automated probes. Running ant farms in zero-G isn't really that educational.

The bulk of the Americans who've been is space went on various shuttle missions. There are maybe 20 or so who've gone up on Soyuz missions. There is some cross over the other way - Russians on STS missions as well. Neither is a big percentage of overall numbers.

List of space travelers by nationality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -- lists the method of travel as well as names and countries. NASA has not put someone into space by themselves in a few years, but due to nearly 30 years of the shuttle program (7 at a time, multiple shuttles) they are way way ahead on total numbers.

You are overestimating the Russian space program. Almost everything significant was accomplished by the CCCP, more than 20 years ago, no recent exploration at all. Since the breakup of the CCCP, the history of Russian space ventures is littered with failures, incomplete projects, and joint ventures that Russia has a hard time keeping its end of the funding up for. Half the budget goes to the international space station - and its only real accomplishment is having people in space. The real science is being done with automated probes. Running ant farms in zero-G isn't really that educational.

your own list exposes your self. It clearly shows that soviet union isnt counted in russia but every soviet republic is seperatly this means soviet union as whole has as much as america which you assumed that soviet union and russia as successor had 117 people while it is in fact russian ssr and russia. We have 117 people thats more than entire Europe and japan. Entire europe plus esa and japan has much higher budget yet we got more people into space than them so where russia failing?

not true Mir program was up to 1996 until funding wasnt enough. America could have helped out with money so the world would have 2 space station instead of one but you refused to support it just for the sake of other having no success.

Russia invented glonass the only alternative to gps to this day < fact

i can go out and buy an iphone and enjoy russian achievements in my pocket

what achievements did America? Does mars rover benefit you as consumer? nope, you have a bunch of geeks masturbating in a room about their theories while russia is moving mankind with real improvements. We will establish moon base and we are working on nuclear power propulsion for rocket powering which will bring mankind to any planet you want if humans can survive that long the space travel.
Russia advances development of nuclear powered Spacecraft | OSNet Daily

And most important of all we are building new launch site which will replace baikonour from Kazakhstan

america has nothing equilant youre bankrupt nation have you seen your debt its over 100%

When Russia gets out of low earth orbit let me know. Meanwhile, NASA has multiple orbiters and rovers on Mars, an orbiter around Mercury (Messenger), Saturn (Cassini), missions to Jupiter (Juno), Pluto (New Horizons), and Vesta/Ceres (Dawn).

They also have a spacecraft in interstellar space (Voyager 1), and soon thereafter (Voyage 2, Pioneer 1/2).

NASA has also made groundbreaking contributions to astrophysics with the Hubble, Kepler, and Spitzer space telescopes.

Roscosmos is essentially stuck in low earth orbit, while NASA is exploring the heavens.

lmao...no Russian communication is needed, infact, we have even had to install a network of satellites to correct incoming GPS and Glonass eventually Galileo signals to less than a meter error.

What is EGNOS? | European GNSS Agency

As for, the mission, the rocket is Russian, orbiter (built by Thales) has 2 Russian instruments (same instruments that you couldn't get to Mars on your own in 2011) and rover has a Russian made landing platform (fingers crossed it doesn't fail!), but all the major components like orbiter, lander and rover are ESA made and the whole operation will be ran from an ESA center, so.......
great that make it yourself if youre so much better. Your space program sucks in the first place i forgot thats why you rely on us. I hope it fails so glonass remains the only alternative to GPS and americans wont help you to break their monopoly LOLmao.

GLONAS is a copy of GPS, only 20 years later. You can buy a GLONAS receiver today, it became worldwide in 2011. I had my own GPS device back in 1998, and I was behind the curve in America. GLONAS is still an alternative to GPS, GPS is still what most people use.

But keep hoping, its gotten you so far behind already.

great and how big the budget is from America vs Russia?Also proton is about satellites and unmanned missions, this antaras missle is supposed to bring food to the ISS which america is planning to be independent of from russia. This is what america gets for not using russias help, god punished them

lol Indian crybaby is mad that i rediculate his favorite nation, do you see americans defending india if i would bash india? nope, you have sick slave mentality dude

I don't agree with many things u said. But you are right on about national psychic of India.

lol Indian crybaby is mad that i rediculate his favorite nation, do you see americans defending india if i would bash india? nope, you have sick slave mentality dude
I don't agree with many things u said. But you are right on about national psychic of India.
I agree, Indians have this weird sense of loyalty, you can call it 'slave mentality'.....
We love to take sides for no apparent reason and don't mind getting bashed/abused for that...:hitwall:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom