What's new

Americans Try Pakistani Food For The First Time!

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Our reactors are trying some of the BEST foods from Pakistan for the FIRST TIME! From Saffron Lassi and Halwa Puri to Shahi Tukray and Zarda, what do they think about these classic Pakistani dishes?

Our reactors are trying some of the BEST foods from Pakistan for the FIRST TIME! From Saffron Lassi and Halwa Puri to Shahi Tukray and Zarda, what do they think about these classic Pakistani dishes?

White people love Shahi tukra for some reason. It’s a fad now on American social media to eat it.

I want to eat chapli kabab. I once made it at home with recipes learnt from various youtube channels. It was good but not mind blowing. I guess frying in animal fat makes the difference, which you don't get in retail markets here.

I want to eat chapli kabab. I once made it at home with recipes learnt from various youtube channels. It was good but not mind blowing. I guess frying in animal fat makes the difference, which you don't get in retail markets here.

You have to go to Pakistan to eat it. Nobody makes it right overseas.

You have to go to Pakistan to eat it. Nobody makes it right overseas.
Hmm. Probably the iron karhai also matters. The older the better. I followed recipe exactly but I guess home chefs also don't know it well. There is a Pakistani channel called Kun Foods which I like for honest way of describing recipes. He mentioned that beef fat is the key. I get beef here but not beef fat.

Hmm. Probably the iron karhai also matters. The older the better. I followed recipe exactly but I guess home chefs also don't know it well. There is a Pakistani channel called Kun Foods which I like for honest way of describing recipes. He mentioned that beef fat is the key. I get beef here but not beef fat.

No matter what food you cook, water always makes the difference when it comes to taste.

Look for Tallow (beef fat).

Look for Tallow (beef fat).
We don't get it here in retail market. Sometimes when I am in the mood for some low end restaurant kind of meat flavour i use palm oil, despite suffering from high cholestrol. Once in a blue moon though, otherwise my mother sitting in Delhi gives me a beating in my dreams.

We don't get it here in retail market. Sometimes when I am in the mood for some low end restaurant kind of meat flavour i use palm oil, despite suffering from high cholestrol. Once in a blue moon though, otherwise my mother sitting in Delhi gives me a beating in my dreams.
My bad. I somehow thought you were in the US. Listen to your mom, and stay healthy :)

Back
Top Bottom