What's new

American muslims brace themselves for three days of protests

Roman 12

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
American Muslims brace themselves for three days of protests - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
WASHINGTON: Muslims across the United States braced themselves for three days of protests, which began on Saturday, outside mosques and Islamic centres.

Last week, a group called Global Rally for Humanity put out a call for anti-Muslim demonstrations “in every county at every mosque.”

By Saturday, dozens of other anti-Muslim groups also joined the call as their supporters began to rally outside Muslim religious sites in more than 30 American cities.

Most of these are small groups, with not more than a few dozen followers each. But police officials, while talking to various US media outlets, warned that the protests could turn violent.

At least one fringe group in Dearborn, Michigan, encouraged demonstrators to show up armed. Michigan is home to a large Muslim community, but it also allows its citizens to openly carry arms.

“This mix of racist groups, anti-Muslim groups and anti-government groups is basically a recipe for disaster,” Heidi Beirich, who tracks hate groups at the Southern Poverty Law Center, told The Washington Post.

In Plainfield, Indiana, Christian and Jewish community leaders joined their Muslim counterparts at the headquarters of the country’s largest Muslim organization, the Islamic Society of North Ame rica.

Professor Ken Barger from Veterans for Peace told the gathering that most Americans opposed the hate message sent out by the organizers of this protest and stood by the Muslim community.

“We are overwhelmed by the love and support of our interfaith friends who took the time out of their day to stand by our sides,” said ISNA Secretary General Hazem Bata.

Anti-Muslims sickos should make protests against what their governments did in the first place in M.E .. destroying every nation there , invaded them and stole their natural resources .. and when they gone out they left puppies to rule these countries ..

American Muslims brace themselves for three days of protests - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
WASHINGTON: Muslims across the United States braced themselves for three days of protests, which began on Saturday, outside mosques and Islamic centres.

Last week, a group called Global Rally for Humanity put out a call for anti-Muslim demonstrations “in every county at every mosque.”

By Saturday, dozens of other anti-Muslim groups also joined the call as their supporters began to rally outside Muslim religious sites in more than 30 American cities.

Most of these are small groups, with not more than a few dozen followers each. But police officials, while talking to various US media outlets, warned that the protests could turn violent.

At least one fringe group in Dearborn, Michigan, encouraged demonstrators to show up armed. Michigan is home to a large Muslim community, but it also allows its citizens to openly carry arms.

“This mix of racist groups, anti-Muslim groups and anti-government groups is basically a recipe for disaster,” Heidi Beirich, who tracks hate groups at the Southern Poverty Law Center, told The Washington Post.

In Plainfield, Indiana, Christian and Jewish community leaders joined their Muslim counterparts at the headquarters of the country’s largest Muslim organization, the Islamic Society of North Ame rica.

Professor Ken Barger from Veterans for Peace told the gathering that most Americans opposed the hate message sent out by the organizers of this protest and stood by the Muslim community.

“We are overwhelmed by the love and support of our interfaith friends who took the time out of their day to stand by our sides,” said ISNA Secretary General Hazem Bata.

Dont worry, we've braced and survived our selves against genocides, wars, bombings, riots, hate crimes, invasions, ethnic/religious cleansing, racism, hate, prejudice, and much more. We are here to still, we are here to grow and will continue to do so until the end of times. Allah hu Akbar!

Dont worry, we've braced and survived our selves against genocides, wars, bombings, riots, hate crimes, invasions, ethnic/religious cleansing, racism, hate, prejudice, and much more. We are here to still, we are here to grow and will continue to do so until the end of times. Allah hu Akbar!

Muslims has nothing to fear in America. But I cannot say the same about India. India is intolerant all none Hindus.

And they have the audacity to lecture others

And they have the audacity to lecture others

Who exactly? The protesters? I don't think they are lecturing anyone, just venting their moronic views. I don't even think they know what they are protesting other than for the sake of being "anti-Muslim".

The rest of America? I honestly didn't even know there was a protest until I saw this thread. That's the glory about this country. It's big enough that what happens in the neighboring cities or states doesn't effect you.

I didn't protest, I didn't lecture anyone (other than you, sorry I didn't see the irony in my statement until just now, but I'm not trying to be offensive, just reasonable). Please avoid lumping the majority of Americans, those who don't feel the way these protesters - morons if you will, do with the protesters themselves. We are very welcoming.

Our nation is more diverse than any other and Muslims have played their role in shaping our history and identity.

American is way bigger than these bigots.

Damn right! Most of us don't agree with these people, we think they're lunatics.

Last edited:
You cant generalise Americans with such behaviours but it is also true that if such protests were carried out by Muslims against other religion or group then police would have come armed Guns blazing labelling them as Terrorists.

Still it only takes bunch of idiots to make a crowd so they should brace themselves for free loading benefits reaping Americans who got nothing else to do in their lives.

How may people...2..3...or let me say..max 10???...You know those guys may have nothing to do..so thought of doing sometime pass...They may not even know what they are doing...

Who exactly? The protesters? I don't think they are lecturing anyone, just venting their moronic views. I don't even think they know what they are protesting other than for the sake of being "anti-Muslim".

The rest of America? I honestly didn't even know there was a protest until I saw this thread. That's the glory about this country. It's big enough that what happens in the neighboring cities or states doesn't effect you.

I didn't protest, I didn't lecture anyone, please avoid lumping the majority of Americans, those who don't feel the way these protesters - morons if you will, do. We are very welcoming.

Damn right! Most of us don't agree with these people, we think they're lunatics.
Islamophobic bigots like these protesters

In my experience it is more like
Russians are vodka-guzzling, funny sounding, Stalin worshipping, crazy-*** commies!! Yeah, except that one friend of mine. He's cool.
Supposedly in these days of protest. I was out having talks with Bikers, laughing with my fellow Americans... and getting dropped at the mosque for prayers.

Supposedly in these days of protest. I was out having talks with Bikers, laughing with my fellow Americans... and getting dropped at the mosque for prayers.

speak for yourself, i know muslims who went to the us from the uk and they hated it there. even as they came in they were taken to a separate room, strip searched and interviewed. and in the streets of Dallas they were abused to the point they left the us a week before they were scheduled to leave. nyc is not that bad, partly because nyc is a city that got a population from various backgrounds.

OP needs some inner excitement, what really happened is most people never heard of these demonstrations and continuing on with their daily lives. There's no violence, barely any demonstrations. And where there was one in Michigan yesterday, all people had a laugh and actually the group members eat dinner at the mosque. Even though I'm no longer Muslim, so I dont care about religion, I also don't care about some clowns with too much imagination and free time.

I hope OP realizes that nowhere cares about religion anymore and neither do they need to bring back past religious wars. The world is moving forward .

Back
Top Bottom