What's new

American Economy News & Updates

"This Is Most Worrying": In One Year, Central Bank Liquidity Will Collapse From $2 Trillion To Zero Today at 12:25 10/11/2017

Is it complacency, or simply trader paralysis?

A question we first asked three months ago is getting a second wind this morning, when in a report by Deutsche Bank's Alan Ruskin - "Vol: freeze or flight?" - the macro strategist points out that "the new 2017 Nobel laureate for Economics is not the only one at a loss to explain low stock market volatility, and thinks investors are in ‘freeze mode’ in the midst of global uncertainties."
According to Ruskin, however, it's all about to change.

But why? And what is "the most likely causes of a shift to ‘flight mode’ and a rise in volatility? Here’s one possibility: by the end of next year, the combined expansion of all the major Central Bank balance sheets will have collapsed from a 12 month growth rate of $2 trillion per annum to zero."

news/2017-10-11/most-worrying-one-year-central-bank-liquidity-will-collapse-2-trillion-zero

Gold Will Soar... As China Kneecaps The Dollar

by Tyler Durden Dec 13, 2017

Chris Lowe: To catch up real quick, why is the petrodollar at risk?

Nick Giambruno: Under the current petrodollar system, all global oil sales are made in dollars. However, the Chinese government recently announced a new mechanism that will allow oil producers anywhere in the world to trade oil for gold.

China’s new mechanism will totally bypass the US dollar and the US financial system… along with any restrictions, regulations, or sanctions from Washington. So for many oil producers, it will be much more attractive than the petrodollar system.

I call it China’s “golden alternative” to the petrodollar. Whatever you call it, though, it will allow for the large-scale trade of oil for gold, instead of dollars.

Here’s how it will work. The Shanghai International Energy Exchange is launching a crude-oil futures contract denominated in yuan, China’s currency. This will allow oil producers around the world to sell their oil for yuan.

Of course, the yuan is a fiat currency, just like the dollar. And most oil producers don’t want large stashes of yuan. The Chinese government knows this. That’s why it’s linked the crude-oil futures contract with the option to efficiently convert yuan into physical gold through gold exchanges in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Chris Lowe: How soon will this new system be up and running?

Nick Giambruno: I spoke with officials at the Shanghai International Energy Exchange. They told me they plan to go live with it before the end of the year, or shortly thereafter.

Chris Lowe: But isn’t that a good thing? Isn’t gold, as a currency, more reliable than the dollar?

Nick Giambruno: I think it’s high time gold played a more central role in the global monetary system. The problem is ditching the petrodollar would negatively affect the US economy.

Think about it. If Italy wants to buy oil from Kuwait… or Argentina wants to buy oil from Brazil… they have to buy dollars on the foreign exchange market first.

This creates a huge artificial market for dollars.

It means the US can simply print dollars and exchange them for real things like French wine, Italian cars, Korean electronics, or Chinese manufactured goods.

It also helps create a deeper, more liquid market for US Treasury bonds. This pushes up prices… and pushes down yields… which allows the US federal government to finance enormous and permanent deficits.

The petrodollar has allowed Washington to spend astronomical amounts of money on welfare and other benefits for over half the population. This gives Americans a much higher standard of living than they would have otherwise. Most of them don’t know this or understand how it affects their everyday lives.

/news/2017-12-13/gold-will-soar-china-kneecaps-dollar
---------------------

@The Eagle

Can we do something about this new person who if you look at their post history ALWAYS truncates their attached links to hide their nutty website origins. He is just posting conspiracy sites for the sake of trolling. He just posted a truncated link from a Russian site in Bulgaria authored by 'Tyler Durden' the made up character in the movie "Fight Club".

examples of truncation:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/las-...than-500-injured.521089/page-12#post-10102921

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/las-...than-500-injured.521089/page-12#post-10073545

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/us-politics-2016-2020.374363/page-304#post-10087858
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/us-politics-2016-2020.374363/page-303#post-10073535

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/american-economy-news-updates.322211/page-14#post-10102928

Last edited:
The reason I truncate the links is because I'm a new member. The regulation rules that new member can't post links so I truncate it to let people know it's origin.
As for Hamartia Antidote, a probably internet shill, follow other's trace and make recording.
My opinion is to introduce interesting articles. Let readers judge its value.

AT&T workforce stricken with over 2000 layoffs U.S-wide days after $1000 tax reform bonus check
By Mike Wuerthele
Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 02:34 pm PT (05:34 pm ET)

In the days before Christmas, AT&T and DirecTV gave layoff notices to a large number of landline, legacy service, and home installers spanning the country —and more are coming.

/articles/17/12/26/att-workforce-stricken-with-over-2000-layoffs-us-wide-days-after-1000-tax-reform-bonus-check

The reason I truncate the links is because I'm a new member. The regulation rules that new member can't post links so I truncate it to let people know it's origin.
As for Hamartia Antidote, a probably internet shill, follow other's trace and make recording.
My opinion is to introduce interesting articles. Let readers judge its value.

Dude, you are in this thread posting negative news stories from weird conspiracy sites and you call me the shill.

Seems you are notorious for spamming various websites by doing exactly what I said you were doing about posting stuff from conspiracy sites;
http://forums.sandiegouniontribune.com/showthread.php?t=122947
Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 11.59.30 PM.jpg

https://www.debatepolitics.com/conspiracy-theories/246462-katsung47-gone-missing.html
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.08.39 AM.jpg

http://www.theworldforgotten.com/showthread.php?t=4480
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.27.56 AM.jpg

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/speedzilla-site-issue-forum/74793-please-ban-katsung47.html
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.30.15 AM.jpg

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?117172-Katsung47-a-mobile-internet-troll
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.33.11 AM.jpg

https://www.therealconspiracyforum.com/index.php?/profile/1317-katsung47/
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.14.41 AM.jpg

Spare us your fake sob story. I'm going to be asking the mods to keep an eye on your posts. You seem to have a history of being a troublemaker by intentionally ruining threads.

@waz

Last edited:
https://www.credit-suisse.com/corpo...pertise/global-wealth-report-2017-201711.html

Global Wealth Report 2017: Where Are We Ten Years after the Crisis?

As shown in the latest edition of the Global Wealth Report by the Credit Suisse Research Institute (CSRI), total global wealth has now reached USD 280 trillion and is 27 percent higher than a decade ago at the onset of the financial crisis.

US Gains Account for Half of Global Wealth Increase
In the past 12 months, total global wealth grew by 6.4 percent. It is the fastest pace of wealth creation since 2012 and one of the best results since the financial crisis. Moreover, as wealth increased faster than the population, global mean wealth per adult reached a new record high of USD 56,540

gwr-infographic-1-en-new.png

Comparing wealth gains across countries, the United States is an unquestionable leader. The country continued its remarkable unbroken spell of gains after the financial crisis and added USD 8.5 trillion to the stock of global wealth. In other words, the US generated more than half of the total global wealth aggregation of USD 16.7 trillion of the past 12 months.

"So far, the Trump Presidency has seen businesses flourish and employment grow, though the ongoing supportive role played by the Federal Reserve has undoubtedly played a part here as well, and wealth inequality remains a prominent issue," commented Michael O'Sullivan, CIO for International Wealth Management at Credit Suisse. "Looking ahead, however, high market valuations and property prices may curb the pace of growth in future years."

Dude, you are in this thread posting negative news stories from weird conspiracy sites and you call me the shill.

Spare us your fake sob story. I'm going to be asking the mods to keep an eye on your posts. You seem to have a history of being a troublemaker by intentionally ruining threads.

@waz

You work hard to collect all these "evidence". It may only prove what I said are truth, you are afraid of it and don't want others to know.

Trump's "tax reform" is a project to borrow 1.5 trillion, issue it in form of treasury bond or other debit note, then distribute it to rich people in the form of cash, bonus, profit. On the whole, in 10 years, you saw the debt of American people will add to a new high while the cash it borrows goes to Rich people's pocket.

Pakistan central bank allows yuan-based trade with China

The adoption of yuan means that Pakistan and China would be able to replace the US dollar for transactions in the USD 50 billion China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects.

04 Jan , 2018

.newsnation.in/world-news/pakistan-central-bank-allows-yuan-based-trade-with-china-article-189756.html

Pakistan central bank allows yuan-based trade with China

The adoption of yuan means that Pakistan and China would be able to replace the US dollar for transactions in the USD 50 billion China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects.

04 Jan , 2018

.newsnation.in/world-news/pakistan-central-bank-allows-yuan-based-trade-with-china-article-189756.html

GE is cutting 12,000 jobs
by Chris Isidore @CNNMoney
December 7, 2017:

The company says the job cuts will mostly be outside the United States. The power division's headcount will be reduced about 18%. About 295,000 people worked for GE overall at the end of last year, but the company has cut jobs and costs throughout this year.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/07/news/companies/ge-job-cuts/index.html

Very interesting stats, just shows how huge the U.S. economy is compared to the rest of the world.

0611stategdp.png

AEI GRAPHIC: DATA FROM BUREAU OF ECONOMIC ANALYSIS AND INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND

The map above was created (with assistance from AEI’s graphic design director Olivier Ballou) by matching the economic output (GDP) in each U.S. state (and the District of Columbia) in 2015 to foreign countries with comparable nominal GDP last year, using data from the BEA for GDP by U.S. state and data for GDP by country from the International Monetary Fund.

For each U.S. state (and the District of Columbia), I identified the country closest in economic size in 2015 (measured by nominal GDP), and for each state there was a country with a pretty close match—those countries are displayed in the map above and in the table below. Obviously, in some cases the closest match was a country that produced slightly more, or slightly less, economic output in 2015 than a given U.S. state.

1. America’s largest state economy is California, which produced $2.44 trillion of economic output in 2015, just slightly above the GDP of France during the same period of $2.42 trillion.

Consider this: California has a workforce of about 19 million compared to an employment level in France of slightly more than 25 million workers. Amazingly, it required 56 percent (and 9 million) more workers in France to produce the same economic output last year as California! That’s a testament to the superior, world-class productivity of the American worker.

Further, California as a separate country would have been the sixth largest economy in the world last year, ahead of France ($2.42 trillion) and India ($2.09 trillion) and not too far behind No. 5 U.K. at $2.85 trillion.

2. America’s second largest state economy—Texas—produced $1.64 trillion of economic output in 2015, which would have ranked the Lone Star State as the world’s 10th largest economy last year, behind No. 9 Brazil with $1.77 trillion of economic output.

Although Brazil out-produced Texas last year by almost 8 percent, the workforce of Brazil is around 91 million employees compared to payroll employment in Texas of only about 12 million. So to produce just slightly more economic output last year, Brazil’s workforce is larger by almost 80 million workers compared to the U.S.!

3. Even with all of its oil wealth, Saudi Arabia’s GDP in 2015 at $653 billion was below the GDP of U.S. states like Pennsylvania ($680 billion) and Illinois ($768 billion).

4. America’s third largest state economy—New York with a GDP in 2015 of $1.45 trillion—produced nearly the same amount of economic output last year as Canada ($1.55 trillion) and would have ranked as the world’s 11th largest economy last year as a separate country, ahead of both South Korea ($1.38 trillion) and Russia ($1.32 trillion).

Amazingly, even though Canada produced about 7 percent more economic output last year than the state of New York, there are almost twice as many Canadian workers (about 18 million) as the number of workers employed in New York (9.2 million). Another example of the world-class productivity of the American workforce.

5. Other comparisons: Florida ($888 billion) produced about the same amount of GDP in 2015 as Indonesia ($858 billion), even though Florida’s workforce of 9.3 million is about 8 percent of Indonesia’s workforce of 115 million employees. GDP in Illinois last year of $768 billion was just slightly higher than economic output in the Netherlands ($738 billion), even though employment in Illinois (6.2 million workers) is about 25 percent below the employment level in the Netherlands (8.34 million workers).

Overall, the U.S. produced 24.5 percent of world GDP in 2015, with only about 4.5 percent of the world’s population. Three of America’s states (California, Texas and New York)—as separate countries—would have ranked in the world’s top 11 largest economies last year.

Together, those three US states produced $5.5 trillion in economic output last year, and as a separate country would have ranked as the world’s third largest economy and ahead of No. 3 Japan ($4.1 trillion) by almost $1.5 trillion.

And one of those states—California—produced more than $2 trillion in economic output in 2015—and the other two (Texas and New York) produced more than $1.6 trillion and $1.4 trillion of GDP in 2015 respectively.

Adjusted for the size of the workforce, there might not be any country in the world that produces as much output per worker as the US, thanks to the world-class productivity of the American workforce.

The map above and the statistics summarized here help remind us of the enormity of the economic powerhouse we live and work in. So let’s not lose sight of how ridiculously large and powerful the US economy is, and how much wealth, output and prosperity is being created every day in the largest economic engine ever in human history.
Source

0611stategdps.jpg

Last edited:
Stock market took a deep plunge a few hours ago. Has it recovered??? Is there gonna be another recession??

944. See how big the bubble is (1/25/2017)

17 years ago, I found the Feds moved the area residents away and bought in houses in large scale. (see #733, 734, 736. CASH FOR HOUSE). As early as 2003, I warned of a housing bubble. (see #180. Beware of housing bubble (11/16/03))That bubble keeps growing up until now. I think that's because They failed to eliminate Kat Sung. The result is: San Jose becomes No.1 highest median house price city (where I live) and San Franciso is the No.2. (Where my mother and sisters live).

Here is a chart of median home sale prices of San Francisco. The curve is accordant to the persecution course the Feds apply on me. The unusual upward price started from 1993. Though the chart author thought there were two bubbles, it is still a big one in fact. The bubble stopped growing up in 2008 due to financial tsunami but the Feds managed to prevent it from breaking. The down turn was mild. Even in lowest point of 2011, it's 695,000. Double the amount of starting price.

US-San-Francisco-California-median-home-sales-prices-1971-2015-05.png

From steep curve you may see how big this bubble is.

Report: San Jose, Not San Francisco, Has Highest Median Home Price In Country
BY JACK MORSE IN NEWS ON AUG 12, 2016

San Jose, with a median home price of $1,085,000, currently ranks as the most expensive metropolitan area for would-be home owners. The second most expensive? That would be San Francisco coming in at $885,600.

http://sfist.com/2016/08/12/san_jose_not_san_francisco_has_high.php

Back
Top Bottom