What's new

American B-52 bomber crashes in Guam

Djinn

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A B-52 bomber has crashed shortly after take-off at a US base in Guam, the US Air Force says.

It says all seven crew members safely left the aircraft after the incident at 08:30 local time (22:30 GMT Wednesday) at Andersen Air Force Base.

The US Air Force told the BBC it was treating the incident as a "mishap".

The bomber was deployed to the US island territory from North Dakota as part of the military's continuous presence in the Pacific.
_89735730_89735729.jpg

A B-52 bomber has crashed shortly after take-off at a US base in Guam, the US Air Force says.

_89735730_89735729.jpg

And i am just seeing millions of $$$ on fire here. I wonder what glitch/error could have brought this giant down. It seems that by sheer luck a huge tragedy got averted as had this bomber been loaded, the end result wud have been catastrophic.

probably the pilot tried a fighter jet maneuver after take off ..
I dont think that likes of B-52's flight control system allow them to even think of pulling any non allowed maneuver. But again who knows.

And i am just seeing millions of $$$ on fire here. I wonder what glitch/error could have brought this giant down. It seems that by sheer luck a huge tragedy got averted as had this bomber been loaded, the end result wud have been catastrophic.
They haven't released the details of the crash yet but these planes have been in service for many decades now.

They haven't released the details of the crash yet but these planes have been in service for many decades now.

This was an aborted take-off for a training mission. There were no casualties. No biggie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom