What's new

AMCA :: Fifth Generation Fighter Under Development in India

As I had stated, no ad hominem attacks. As for the pursue of AMCA, learn to walk first before running. India should focus on getting LCA ready before worrying about coming up with AMCA. Why would anyone in India have confidence that HAL can build AMCA within a reasonable time frame when LCA was recently again delayed to 2014.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I'm from Taiwan and now live in the USA. Taiwan would not even try to build an engine and USA definitely built better engines than India. But knowing how prideful Indians are, I'm won't be surprise if there one Indian that claims India build better engines than the US.

As for compare with China, I'll let the Chinese members respond. But do not equate me with Chinese communist. I'm not from China.

We are a 50-50 partner with Russia in PAKFA project also we will get TOT due to MCRA. enough tech to make AMCA. don't worry :lol:

Courtsy of this news is mr. Shiv Aroor of LiveFist

Livefist: Config Studies Of India's 5th Gen AMCA Commence
amca%2Bcdf.jpg

Computational fluid dynamics-based
aerodynamic configuration studies of India's fifth
generation Advanced Medium Combat
Aircraft began recently -- this grab is from one
of the routines at the National Aerospace
Laboratory (NAL) in Bangalore where the studies
are being carried out.

Courtsy of this news is mr. Shiv Aroor of LiveFist

Livefist: Config Studies Of India's 5th Gen AMCA Commence
amca%2Bcdf.jpg

Computational fluid dynamics-based
aerodynamic configuration studies of India's fifth
generation Advanced Medium Combat
Aircraft began recently -- this grab is from one
of the routines at the National Aerospace
Laboratory (NAL) in Bangalore where the studies
are being carried out.

I just pray that all this mumbo-jumbo technical words actually get materialized man. After looking at the dismal status of HAL's assembly rates in delaying the MKI deadline, I am not too happy about HAL handling the assemblies. Would prefer if HAL's engineers are made to work under TATA or Mahindra's management and more engineers are hired on contractual terms to expedite this project.

We are a 50-50 partner with Russia in PAKFA project also we will get TOT due to MCRA. enough tech to make AMCA. don't worry :lol:

50-50? PAKFA is fully develop by Russia. India just contribute the money. Also, India is only going to contribute a little to the twin seater. Finally, India is very poor at absorbing technology. If India really learned Mirage and MKI TOT, then it won't be struggling with LCA so much.

50-50? PAKFA is fully develop by Russia. India just contribute the money. Also, India is only going to contribute a little to the twin seater. Finally, India is very poor at absorbing technology. If India really learned Mirage and MKI TOT, then it won't be struggling with LCA so much.

That says you know nothing about aircraft development. Transfer of technology doesn't mean transfer of knowledge that you gained in developing that technology. With TOT, at max you can do is to reverse engineer and make a similar plane. So, pls stop your blabber about LCA.

That says you know nothing about aircraft development. Transfer of technology doesn't mean transfer of knowledge that you gained in developing that technology. With TOT, at max you can do is to reverse engineer and make a similar plane. So, pls stop your blabber about LCA.

If you need to do reverse engineering when you get TOT, then your engineers are not paying attention when you pay billions to get the TOT lessons. TOT for any component or system means that you can build the component or system by yourself. Its true that you might not able to innovate base on the TOT knowledge, which appears to be the case with India now. But you definitely can rebuild it without "reverse engineering"

A good allegory would be a master can teach his monkey dance routine to get donations from the audience. But the monkey would not be able to come up with new dance moves. I'm not saying that India is a monkey, but that India cannot innovate base on what is taught to it. India does not have technical ability to absorb the latest western or Russian technology even if it were reveal to it. To put it in another word, if US provide India a blue print and software code for F-22, India still do not have technical maturity to build the plane by itself. In this regard, its behind Iran and most likely behind Pakistan as well. I'm not trying to put India down, but this is how none Indians perceive India's technical ability.

The Progress on AMCA is going good and faster than believed to be. I do not think that the country would face problems and challenges it faced while on the LCA program.

AMCA has been able to find attention among young scientists who passed out learning cutting edge technologies and techniques. I am sure the TOT gained from MMRCA and the work experience on FGFA would make AMCA a world class machine.

The Progress on AMCA is going good and faster than believed to be. I do not think that the country would face problems and challenges it faced while on the LCA program.

AMCA has been able to find attention among young scientists who passed out learning cutting edge technologies and techniques. I am sure the TOT gained from MMRCA and the work experience on FGFA would make AMCA a world class machine.

Any country that made an announcement on building a 5th generation fighter is as close as India in building their first AMCA. If Somalia announce that they are going to build a 5th generation fighter, they would be where India is now with this technology, in the announcement stage.

Any country that made an announcement on building a 5th generation fighter is as close as India in building their first AMCA. If Somalia announce that they are going to build a 5th generation fighter, they would be where India is now with this technology, in the announcement stage.

It's a very narrow minded discussion you are inviting me into. I am not interested in an argument which is blinded by ones own self belief. You compare India with somalia, you compare India with any nation on earth, but the EOD belongs to truth and an un satisfied soul of yours.

It's a very narrow minded discussion you are inviting me into. I am not interested in an argument which is blinded by ones own self belief. You compare India with somalia, you compare India with any nation on earth, but the EOD belongs to truth and an un satisfied soul of yours.
Let him live in denial all the same for us, it is only we need to believe that we can do. As U stated the AMCA is going good than we thought. Dont worry about this faithful he is a marketing manager for US weaponry.

i believe once the tatas and mahindras stands on their feet,HAL will catapult their manufacturing and R&D capabilities

There is a vast difference between simulations and having working prototype. I hope we see it flying in 5-8 years.

DRDO? Sheeesh! India will be lucky if this so called AMCA is operationalized by the year of our Lord, 2465!!

You troll, learn manners first.

You troll, learn manners first.

Any country can make an announcement without facts to back them up. That is not trolling, that is just reality.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I'm not saying that India is like Somalia. But Somalia can also make an announcement of creating a 5th generation fighter. Any country in the world can, as matter in fact. However, actions mean something. Words are just empty talks that anyone can do, especially for a country with a reputation of empty talks.

Back
Top Bottom