What's new

Amazing Cricket - Aus vs India

Once again sorry state of affairs.
Older players, though proved their worth outside subcontinent, eariler; now it seems like age is taking toll on their reflexes.

Looks like this team specially youngsters are fit for only shorter forms of the game and subcontinental conditions. Worse thing is they are not even showing hint of adopting to bouncing and seaming conditions.

Its time to groom a separate bunch of dedicated test players specially for serieses and tournaments to be played outside subcontinent/west Indies. Selectors should stop considering flashy IPL performances as benchmark; rather they should focus on closely watching the individual technique, composure, perseverance.

Between I am impressed by the performance of pattinson. Looks like Aussiees have got a tall young bowler who can extract pace and bounce like Morkel, Finn, Tremlet, Ishant sharma.

Meanwhile Zaheer Strikes back with 2 quick wickets. :cool:
Seems like Marsh and Warner are playing too much in Subcontinental conditions.(IPL ;)) :P

Drop Ghambir??? are you serious bro??. Ghambir has been one of the best openers i have seen these days. How come he should be dropped just after one test match.

As i said i can see Ghambir is clearly a weak link at the moment. I said a week ago he should be dropped - and today he is selected and lasts 3 balls. :coffee: I wish i was a selector!!!! Really disappointed at the guys. To be bowled out for 191 not good against a relatively new attack from the Aussies - Look at Indias batting. They should never be bowled out for less than 300. Laxman needs to pull his finger out too.

I think the match is still pretty even. I hope it goes on till the 5th day though. My ticket will be useless otherwise:hitwall:

Dear God ...when I said I wanted to relive my childhood, I didn't mean India vs Australia . :hitwall:

interestingly Gmabhir averages just 5 against aus in aus compared to his average of high 40's in both formats lol .... and so called wall rahul dravid averages just 29 against aus while today 57* was highest score by dhonia ever against aus ...now that is some hell of a pathetic record for a side chanted out as having the best batting line up lol

interestingly Gmabhir averages just 5 against aus in aus compared to his average of high 40's in both formats lol .... and so called wall rahul dravid averages just 29 against aus while today 57* was highest score by dhonia ever against aus ...now that is some hell of a pathetic record for a side chanted out as having the best batting line up lol

I doubt the overall records are so pathetic as depicted by you.

To make picture more clearer,
Statistics of the careers of 3 players mentioned by you Against Australia are as follows--->

Gambhir averages 49.2 from 5 matches played in India (highest being 206);
but he has played just 3 test innings in australia till now with avg 5.

Dravid averages 47 from all matches played in Australia; and 35.7 from matches played in India.

Dhoni averages 44 from 6 matches played in India (highest being 176);
and 17 from 5 matches played in Australia (highest 57).

Between I can understand your extra concern regarding Gambhir's form. :tongue:

As i said i can see Ghambir is clearly a weak link at the moment. I said a week ago he should be dropped - and today he is selected and lasts 3 balls. :coffee: I wish i was a selector!!!! Really disappointed at the guys. To be bowled out for 191 not good against a relatively new attack from the Aussies - Look at Indias batting. They should never be bowled out for less than 300. Laxman needs to pull his finger out too.

Cool, but why should ghambir be sacrificed, Even Sachin is not performing well,Dravid and other cricketers. So putting all burden on Ghambir ain't right.

well i dont know how long tendu will play like this but im sure india will play him 100 more test matches untill he did not get record of centuries of centure for me it is nothing more than pathetic record if you see his 100 centuries in both formats 70 percent of hundreds came in loosing cause and 10 percent came in draws of tests so i still dont rank him as good batsman becoz he never played for team he played for record only player in world whenever he play he goeas for records nothing more than this and thats why he is not perfoming his entire focus is on getting hundreds of hundreds waited him 10 innings till dont know how much he has to wait this is proof that he is not playing for team but for record

Cool, but why should ghambir be sacrificed, Even Sachin is not performing well,Dravid and other cricketers. So putting all burden on Ghambir ain't right.

its because of the role they have to play. because of gambler, dravid n SRT are exposed to the new seaming ball early in the innings. because of gambler, sehwag can't play his natural game.

if you are an opener, you have to fulfill your duties as an opener, otherwise get dropped.

neon remember akash chopra in 2003 series ?

some reason why sehwag was such a hit in that series.

I hear what you are saying - its a team support. My feeling is away from india in the last 10 games Ghambir has played he has averaged less than 10 - he doesnt look like he has the concentration or will power. Dravid and Sachin have shown their resiliance and in particular Dravid in England was the only guy to fight and came away with his reputation in tact. Im not picking on Dravid but i have played cricket professionally and can sense a lack of confidence in his own ability. A guy of Ghambirs class doesnt become bad overnight - he simply needs sometime to regain his form and his confidence will come by him spending time at the crease. It is alarming bro that a team with so much talent at home travels so poorly.

I hear what you are saying - its a team support. My feeling is away from india in thelast 10 games Ghambir has played he has averaged less than 10 - he doesnt look like he has the concentration or will power. Dravid and Sachin have shown their resiliance and in particular Dravid in England was the only guy to fight and came away with his reputation in tact. Im not picking on Dravid but i have played cricket professionally and can sense a lack of confidence in his own ability. A guy of Ghambirs class doesnt become bad overnight - he simply needs sometime to regain his form and his confidence will come by him spending time at the crease. It is alarming bro that a team with so much talent at home travels so poorly.

It's since he got married :P

Back
Top Bottom