What's new

“ALTERNATIVE” & CHALLENGE TO SUEZ CANAL....International North-South Transport Corridor

What's the construction cost? I assume it's by train?
Most of the 7200 km route is already in place.in Russia and in Iran.. I am not up-to-date on the Azarbiajan part...Will update if I see any new info.

pakistani EEZ could easily be bypassed

View attachment 729997

You need to update yourself. The below is the NEW EEZ of Pakistan, not the one you provided.

1617231513239.png

Iranians protest cooperation pact with China

Demonstrators vent anger over 25-year strategic cooperation agreement inked last week

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/iranians-protest-cooperation-pact-with-china/2192750

--------------------

Although the deal has been touted as being worth $400bn, the Chinese and the Iranian foreign ministries insist no detailed contracts have been signed, so valuations of this sort are largely worthless.

The heart of the 25-year deal is an expansion of China’s presence in Iranian banking, telecommunications, ports, railways and dozens of projects. In exchange, China would receive a regular and heavily discounted supply of Iranian oil.

Some have said the deal’s significance is being blown out of all proportion and it differs little from deals China has struck elsewhere in the Middle East.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...sed-to-disclose-details-of-25-year-china-pact

Last edited:
Good advice. I admire your imagination but please don't apply for a job as Logisticians for any maritime company. You clearly are ignorant of why most global trade moves by sea. It's the cost silly!

Doesn't that make your entire CPEC redundant?
Looks like Iran's ambassador is high on something. We have April Fool's day tomorrow because Iran thinks they can use Pakistan's EEZ to pass indian ships, and Pakistan won't say anything. April Fools day indeed ! Specially now when Pakistan's EEZ was extended by 50,000 additional Sq kilometres. :omghaha: :omghaha:

No country in Earth can stop a vessel of any nationality from sailing in its EEZ.

Territorial water are a different matter ..but even though territorial water.. commercial ships have a right to innocent passage and territorial waters are just 12 Nautical miles from Pakistan coast.

Iranians protest cooperation pact with China

Demonstrators vent anger over 25-year strategic cooperation agreement inked last week

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/iranians-protest-cooperation-pact-with-china/2192750

--------------------

Although the deal has been touted as being worth $400bn, the Chinese and the Iranian foreign ministries insist no detailed contracts have been signed, so valuations of this sort are largely worthless.

The heart of the 25-year deal is an expansion of China’s presence in Iranian banking, telecommunications, ports, railways and dozens of projects. In exchange, China would receive a regular and heavily discounted supply of Iranian oil.

Some have said the deal’s significance is being blown out of all proportion and it differs little from deals China has struck elsewhere in the Middle East.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...sed-to-disclose-details-of-25-year-china-pact
Although your post is not related to the topic but since you posed I must reply.....
Unlike some countries in the Arab side of the persian gulf where average citizen is regarded as non-worthy and a mere spectator with no voting rights and no opposition voices and no elections, in Iran people have vocal opposition, voting rights and elections. So I am glad that you mentioned there was some opposition to the deal. The readers can see the difference between "real" countries that have opposition vs "Made-up " countries which are just a family run operations and some of them even put the name of the family as the name of the country..:azn::azn:

PS: in "real" countries we do not "chopp" opposition in the consulates, we tell them "see you in the next election" !!!

And since we are on a unrelated topic post here is what I learned about IPP which will be of interest to Pakistani members. from an oil publications. Question is if IPP is completed by Pakistan (Iranian side is ready) will India finally join or are they still prevented to join by the US.

Qatar announced an LNG supply deal to China-Iran-Russia ally, Pakistan, is the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline (IPP). It is important to note that Qatar’s LNG supply contracts with Pakistan were always seen by Pakistan, Iran, and Qatar as being a stopgap measure until the Iran-Pakistan pipeline was completed. For China, there is a threefold motivation for this pipeline to be completed. First, it plans to integrate the IPP into the US$50 billion-plus China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project, with Gwadar earmarked to be a key logistical node in China’s OBOR initiative. Second, it wants to keep Iran – and now Qatar - as its key suppliers of gas in the future. And third, it regards supporting those who the U.S. opposes as being a central plank of its foreign policy, over and above the short-term tactic of wrong-footing the U.S. in the ongoing trade war.

By Simon Watkins for Oilprice.com

Last edited:
Anyone think that land route is cheaper then sea need to have an MRI of brain done to chck for dementia

Looks like Iran's ambassador is high on something. We have April Fool's day tomorrow because Iran thinks they can use Pakistan's EEZ to pass indian ships, and Pakistan won't say anything. April Fools day indeed ! Specially now when Pakistan's EEZ was extended by 50,000 additional Sq kilometres. :omghaha: :omghaha:
Eez gives u right for economic purposes only, no other rights
With what are you going to carry everything? And is the route even secure there is so many questions? Will Pakistan allow Indian ships to pass? There is alot of hiccups
1) dedicated freight corridor. Trains can definitely do
2) Pakistan has no say
This corridor will definitely ease load on suez

My post is not off topic here..it has all to do with those Iranian wet dreams in the article..

OH just shut up pls..

IRAN-PIC-MUZZED-2.jpg
@waz @LeGenD ..I think display of gruesome photos is against the forum rules..as such and out of respect for PDF rules, I have avoided posting beheading photos in Saudi Arabia to reply to this trolling member. Please advise.

@waz @LeGenD ..I think display of gruesome photos is against the forum rules..as such and out of respect for PDF rules, I have avoided posting beheading photos in Saudi Arabia to reply to this trolling member. Please advise.
Noted, thanks.

A Pakistani who posts without the knowledge or googling. What's new.

Under UNCLOS, no commercial shipping of any country can be stopped. EEZ only gives rights for exploring resources under the sea, not stopping shipping.
I am sure you still don't understand what this means so let me make it clear - India can pass any number of ships it pleases through the Pakistani EEZ.
IRAN TOUTS RUSSIA-IRAN-INDIA ‘NORTH-SOUTH TRADE CORRIDOR’ AS “ALTERNATIVE” & CHALLENGE TO SUEZ CANAL
Originally appeared at ZeroHedge
Coming after a ‘successful’ weekend in which sanctions-beleaguered Iran hailed its signing a major 25-year infrastructure and investment agreement with China, Iran’s ambassador to Russia is also touting that a new north-south trade corridor across the region could become a prime ‘alternative’ to the strategic Suez Canal waterway that’s been featured in global headlines due to the ‘Ever Given’ stuck tanker disaster that just played out.
Called the “International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC)” — a two decades in the making ambitious project — the new trade corridor, currently partially in operation, is 7,200km long, linking up Russia, Iran, and India and ultimately accelerating trade with Europe as well.
Iran Touts Russia-Iran-India 'North-South Trade Corridor' As Alternative & Challenge To Suez Canal'North-South Trade Corridor' As Alternative & Challenge To Suez Canal
Commenting on the stuck tanker fiasco in the Suez, Iranian Ambassador Kazem Jalali explained of a potentially less expensive and disaster-prone waterway transport route across Egypt:

He further described that the mounting huge costs and fallout from the Ever Given jam disaster (commonly ballparked in the many multiple billions) demonstrates “the need to speed up the completion of infrastructure and the North-South corridor as an alternative to the route through the Suez Canal has become clear and more important than ever.”
Iran Touts Russia-Iran-India 'North-South Trade Corridor' As Alternative & Challenge To Suez Canal'North-South Trade Corridor' As Alternative & Challenge To Suez Canal
Getty Images
A regional analysis site, Silk Road Briefing, reviews the recent history of the project as follows:

The claims of reduced transport travel time and cost are often advanced according to these estimates:

It’s been dubbed in Russian media, even long before the latest Suez crisis, a challenge to the Suez canal.
Also sometimes compared to the ancient ‘Silk Road’ (the most famous East-West trade route across Asia from antiquity through the Middle Ages) – and somewhat akin to China’s expanding Belt & Road initiative under President Xi, it primarily by rail links two major bodies of water – the Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf – by way of Iran to Russia and northern Europe.
Sea trade is largely viable over long distances. Trade over land is multiple times more expensive than the sea.

A 2019 article with some more data.

International North-South Transport Corridor set to expand capacity
NSTC.jpg

Baku, Azerbaijan – At a meeting of the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) coordination council in Tehran, it was announced that capacity on the corridor would be increased.

Iran’s Minister of Roads and Urban Development said that the increase would be achieved by expanding railway and port infrastructures.

He added that member states had agreed to create a joint company, including government representation, for the corridor to increase capacity, subject to the necessary political will to proceed with the plan.

The International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) is a 7,200 km long multi-modal network of ship, rail, and road routes for the transport of freight between India, Iran, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Central Asia, and Europe. The objective of the corridor is to increase trade connectivity between major cities such as Mumbai, Moscow, Baku, Astrakhan, Tehran, Bandar Abbas, and Bandar Anzali.

The aim of the corridor is not just to increase trade between member countries, but also to standardize tariffs and customs duties.

Baku port also serves as a link to transport corridors which target European markets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom