Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
buk-m3_ai_1466843988.jpg

Almaz-Antey Tests Buk-M3 Air Defense Missile System
- A +
Almaz-Antey, a Russian missile defense system manufacturer, has conducted successful testing of its newest Buk-M3 air defense missile system at the Kapustin Yar range near Astrakhan, Southern Russia, the company press service reported Friday.

"In June 2016, experts of the JSC Concern Almaz-Antey test fired a missile from the Buk-M 3 new advanced medium-range air defense missile system on a ballistic target at the Kapustin Yar range," the company press service said, adding that the Pensne (Pince-nez) target missile was used during the testing.

Almaz-Antey CEO Yan Novikov said that the target tracking was stable, despite the adverse weather conditions. "The launched missile hit the target as it entered the effective area," he said.

Novikov said that the Russian military should receive the first brigade set of the new Buk system in 2016.

According to the Almaz-Antey press service, the tested missile "practically two times" surpassed in characteristics the previous models and is unrivalled among the world’s air defense missile systems of its class. "The new missile has a significantly lower weight. This has increased the missile system vehicle’s on-board ammunition capacity 1.5 times. The new system’s missiles are carried in containers and launched from them", Almaz-Antey said.

Head of the Russian Air Defense Forces Alexander Leonov said previously that "a unique new missile" was created for the Buk-M3 version. A new cutting-edge missile has been created for the Buk-M3 medium-range air defense missile system, he said. "The self-propelled system’s transport and firing boxes are designed to hold six missiles.

Missiles are more compact but are more precise and capable of flying longer distances. So, it can be called a new unique missile capable of efficiently hitting air targets," he said. He said the capacity of the new missile system had been boosted by 1.5 times as it is capable of holding six missiles instead of four.

Earlier, a source in Russia’s defense ministry told TASS the Buk-M3 missile systems would be included into the Russia army’ inventory before the end of 2016 and would arrive to the army starting from 2016.

The Buk-M3 system is superior to the S-300 air defense missile system by a number of characteristics, including the kill probability. The Buk-M3 system has a range of 70 kilometers (43.5 miles), which is 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) more compared to previous versions of the Buk antiaircraft missile system. The Buk-M3 has a maximum firing altitude of 35 kilometers (21.7 miles).

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16...uk_M3_Air_Defense_Missile_System#.V26gLyNRXqA

@Tipu7 @balixd @Sulman Badshah @kaonalpha

Missiles are more compact but are more precise and capable of flying longer distances. So, it can be called a new unique missile capable of efficiently hitting air targets," he said. He said the capacity of the new missile system had been boosted by 1.5 times as it is capable of holding six missiles instead of four.

Civilian airliners beware. :coffee:

This system appears equivalent to Ly-80 system in range but with better kill ratio & highly mobile system. Better for armed forces

Yes it's the variant which was offered to us along with Pantsir S2 and one other system. @Arsalan

If it's offered then Pakistan may purchase both systems because they offer good protection after integration in Pakistani Air defense network, also Buk-3 offer better engagement envelope over MR-SAMS Pakistan already have. Both systems are very good for PA's battlefield protection. Pakistan also should look into S-350E MR-SAM too.

If it's offered then Pakistan may purchase both systems because they offer good protection after integration in Pakistani Air defense network, also Buk-3 offer better engagement envelope over MR-SAMS Pakistan already have. Both systems are very good for PA's battlefield protection. Pakistan also should look into S-350E MR-SAM too.
Finally someone else also suggest S-350E MR-SAM. I am also big supporter if going for them and also this BUK-3 and Pantsir S2

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/s-350e-vityaz-50r6-surface-to-air-defence-missile-system/http://www.army-technology.com/projects/s-350e-vityaz-50r6-surface-to-air-defence-missile-system/
Finally someone else also suggest S-350E MR-SAM. I am also big supporter if going for them and also this BUK-3 and Pantsir S2

Pakistan should look into it because it is a MR-SAM system with multiple type of missile and components from S-400, with max range of 100+ km, and still it is MR-SAM.

Can any of those SAMS be fitted on Ships Pakistan have? They can takeout threats posed IN & IAF filling gaps where PAF can't provide continues cover.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/s-350e-vityaz-50r6-surface-to-air-defence-missile-system/

A Buk-M3 missile battery consists of two TELAR 9A317M (Transporter Erector LAuncher and Radar) with 6 missiles and one TEL 9A316M (Transporter Erector Launcher) vehicle with 12 missiles in two groups of six.

YrFCvTrbhGk.jpg

Details
http://www.armyrecognition.com/russ...nical_data_sheet_specifications_11312154.html

what is analysis of this system? Is it good for integration in Pakistani air defense against threat posed by India?

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/s-350e-vityaz-50r6-surface-to-air-defence-missile-system/http://www.army-technology.com/projects/s-350e-vityaz-50r6-surface-to-air-defence-missile-system/

Pakistan should look into it because it is a MR-SAM system with multiple type of missile and components from S-400, with max range of 100+ km, and still it is MR-SAM.

Can any of those SAMS be fitted on Ships Pakistan have? They can takeout threats posed IN & IAF filling gaps where PAF can't provide continues cover.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/s-350e-vityaz-50r6-surface-to-air-defence-missile-system/

what is analysis of this system? Is it good for integration in Pakistani air defense against threat posed by India?
For Ships I think S-350E of Russia and also a system similar to Pantsir S1 and S2 can be integrated on ships. Also HQ 16 of China

For Ships I think S-350E of Russia and also a system similar to Pantsir S1 and S2 can be integrated on ships. Also HQ 16 of China

S-350e will be superior to any current Chinese MR-SAM. Even buk M3 have better envelope in MR-SAMs of China.

Two systems i.e Pantsir S2 and S-350/Buk M3 should be considered for procurement in Armed forces.

Two systems i.e Pantsir S2 and S-350/Buk M3 should be considered for procurement in Armed forces.

All three are required because those can work in different environments and need, while can also work together.

Yes it's the variant which was offered to us along with Pantsir S2 and one other system. @Arsalan
:lol:
Add in S400 and may be some news S500 in there as well while you are at it.

Russians will not sell us something superior to what they are selling India, period. This is how the situation is right now. Unless it changes in coming years (remember that we have wasted the prime opportunity to make this happen and are already about 2-3 years late) we wont see the front line equipment coming from Russia. Mi35 and AK103 are NOT top tire hardware but SAM, considering what we currently operate, is a different story. I know what i have to share wont make much difference as in your words, "Pantsir is 100% sure to come and is most definite, it is like these BUKs are alraedy acquired :P". Unfortunately, it is not in my nature to just ignore things that i know are not right and simple look the other way. I have to speak up when i know that the information is seriously flawed. I wish i could have just moved on sir as i seriously do not want to disagree with you on every single post. Sadly, you leave me no choice.

As mentioned in the past we are currently having some trouble in our procurement from Russia as i told you in past.

:lol:
Add in S400 and may be some news S500 in there as well while you are at it.

Russians will not sell us something superior to what they are selling India, period. This is how the situation is right now. Unless it changes in coming years (remember that we have wasted the prime opportunity to make this happen and are already about 2-3 years late) we wont see the front line equipment coming from Russia. Mi35 and AK103 are NOT top tire hardware but SAM, considering what we currently operate, is a different story. I know what i have to share wont make much difference as in your words, "Pantsir is 100% sure to come and is most definite, it is like these BUKs are alraedy acquired :P". Unfortunately, it is not in my nature to just ignore things that i know are not right and simple look the other way. I have to speak up when i know that the information is seriously flawed. I wish i could have just moved on sir as i seriously do not want to disagree with you on every single post. Sadly, you leave me no choice.

As mentioned in the past we are currently having some trouble in our procurement from Russia as i told you in past.
S-400 is not needed. We should opt for this Buk 3 and Pantsir S2 and S-350E. Russia is keen to selling us these and we should take advantage of the situation

Back
Top Bottom