What's new

Al-Zarrar MBT | News,Updates & Discussions.

What's the further upgradation?? These tanks are obsolete as it is even in the "upgraded" form and are only good for fighting terrorists. They're just T-54/55's upgraded with a few modernized electronics and new gun. Against india's massive fleet of T-72's and T-90's these T-54/55 derivatives don't stand a chance.

We just wasted resources upgrading a tank that became obsolete a long time ago. Why couldn't we just convert them into a mobile mortar system?? Or even a tracked IFV of some sort??

Israelis converted a few captured Arab T-55's into APC's and IFV's. Why couldn't we do the same instead of "upgrading" a tank that's already obsolete?? Why do we lack innovation??

Israeli Achzarit APC/IFV converted from captured T-55's:

rcws-30_achzarit_1.jpg

P1010345_2.jpg

Achzarit

Or better yet, a tracked Tank killer and infantry killer like the Russian converted from old T-72's:

bmpt_big.jpg

It requires money we don't have.

There is a reason PA is keeping the AZs...they are in love with the T-55/Type-59 chases.....it just suits the Pakistani territory perfectly...this is one of the reasons I know. Another thing is that the AZ is a modern MBT...it is altogether something completely different than a traditional Type-59....rest assured when the time comes this tank will not let us down.

Brother the point was only that we all know Al-Zarrar Type-3 since the Ideas 2008 officially, but some members want tell us that it is very new and only known since last year........

My Brother I am Happy with all the stuff which we have, just writing about wrong and right facts ! So than I will ask you and @Aeoronaut, have the "new" Al-Zarrar in the PICTURE which was posted here ERA protection ?

Al-Zarrar Type-3View attachment 37831

DESERT FIGHTER, post: 4459966, member: 22700

Without ERA:

2ufrdip.jpg

4ig205.jpg

With ERA:
View attachment 37832

dvlydd.jpg

fo0zsw.jpg
What are the new upgrades in Al-Zarrar Please can any one tell @Aeronaut @Manticore

What's the further upgradation?? These tanks are obsolete as it is even in the "upgraded" form and are only good for fighting terrorists. They're just T-54/55's upgraded with a few modernized electronics and new gun. Against india's massive fleet of T-72's and T-90's these T-54/55 derivatives don't stand a chance.

We just wasted resources upgrading a tank that became obsolete a long time ago. Why couldn't we just convert them into a mobile mortar system?? Or even a tracked IFV of some sort??

Israelis converted a few captured Arab T-55's into APC's and IFV's. Why couldn't we do the same instead of "upgrading" a tank that's already obsolete?? Why do we lack innovation??

rcws-30_achzarit_1.jpg

P1010345_2.jpg

Achzarit

Or better yet, a tracked Tank killer and infantry killer like the Russian converted from old T-72's:

bmpt_big.jpg

The Tanks (whatever its generation may be) is and will always be compared on basis of three factors:

1. Fire power
2. Mobility
3. Protection

Your statement that Al-Zarrar is so obsolete that it dont have a chance even against T-72s of India is quite out of logic i must say. Hope you will clarify your claim with some solid arguments.

The Tanks (whatever its generation may be) is and will always be compared on basis of three factors:

1. Fire power
2. Mobility
3. Protection

Your statement that Al-Zarrar is so obsolete that it dont have a chance even against T-72s of India is quite out of logic i must say. Hope you will clarify your claim with some solid arguments.

The post above you pretty much explains the "armor protection". Its a hollow shell and the original T-55 turret is still there. Any modern 120 mm-125 mm Anti Tank round could easily penetrate that, as well as anti-tank guided missiles.

If this is what we have in our arsenal, a basic T-55 with a few meager cosmetic and internal upgrades here and there, do you really expect it to stand a chance against a upgraded T-72 or T-90 both of which are latest T series designs and successors to the T-55??

We might as well as have converted them into self propelled mortar systems if we were going to waste money and resources.

Its the same old Basic Armor underneath:

oxzrj-jpg.37855

T-59+69+tanks+in+fata+pakistan+army.jpg

Last edited:
hollow armour? do u know there is composite layer at front and sides under which there is 300-400mm cast turret? u add ERA over it and u have a type-59 with almost 1000mm armour protection?? i am sure u didnt know ;)
he means spaced armor.

The post above you pretty much explains the "armor protection". Its a hollow shell and the original T-55 turret is still there. Any modern 120 mm-125 mm Anti Tank round could easily penetrate that, as well as anti-tank guided missiles.

If this is what we have in our arsenal, a basic T-55 with a few meager cosmetic and internal upgrades here and there, do you really expect it to stand a chance against a upgraded T-72 or T-90 both of which are latest T series designs and successors to the T-55??

We might as well as have converted them into self propelled mortar systems if we were going to waste money and resources.

Its the same old Basic Armor underneath:

oxzrj-jpg.37855

T-59+69+tanks+in+fata+pakistan+army.jpg
I dont think thats the real case.that tank in the pic had been blown by some kind of explosive.And i dont think that was a complete tank.I think it was going for rebuilt(looking at its condition).The think tanks of army r well aware of the situation.And by the way,no tank how obsolete it may be doesnt have a hollow armour.I will definitely give some explanation for the above tank after some consultation with a friend in army.Hope u understand that the people in the army r not children and they have knowledge pretty much more than all of us

Or better yet, a tracked Tank killer and infantry killer like the Russians converted from old T-72's:

Simple economics: Not only would you incur the cost of these conversions, but also you would incur the cost of getting new tanks (which per unit are way more expensive than a good upgraded vehicle). For Pakistan Al Zarrar is cost-effective.

rcws-30_achzarit_1.jpg

Why do you think the Israëli's (also) developed the Namer, which is not a conversion but a new built vehicle?

P1010345_2.jpg

Or better yet, a tracked Tank killer and infantry killer like the Russians converted from old T-72's:

bmpt_big.jpg
Prototypes may be conversions, but productions vehicles are new build. and at least as expensive as new MBTs.

There is no money saved here....

Back
Top Bottom