What's new

Al-Qaeda claims slaying of ISI brigadier

From my point of view i think this Brig was in his village and between a family dispute must of set things off in a violent matter resulting in murdering, Al Qaeda took this as an advantage and claimed the responsibility to show what they can do and to scare people.

baby you aint kidding
ISI is all over the thread how much you want to rub it in ;)
there is no denying that
only difference is that ISI's sins are now being repeated by someone else and expecting different results ... check out my thread in Afghan forum. might give you a refreshing perspective to Indian love for Northern alliance as narrated by American marine :)

Bloody right I'm not kiddin', sweetie-pie ! :D
If the ISI is No.1 (at least as per the PDF Top 20) its gotta be every where..........even the facts are there.
BTW, didja get the name of the PA Brig. and Maj.Gen. that you were looking for........in my post#78. :)
And who TF is this American Marine you're talkin' 'bout? Some friend of yours?
NA is nothing new to us, dude. Its a long running co-operative venture. Its an Afghan version of 'Rentokil' pest-control.
Good for the Afghan people and their families and house-holds.

Do you do pest-control in your house regularly; you should..........its good for your family and house-hold. Maybe you can learn some tips from the Afghans....no? :D

& the most disturbing aspect of this is that it happened in Sargodha according to this news, had this happened in F.A.TA or KPK one can understand as the operation's are taking place there, but Sargodha is interior Punjab, & AQ killing a brigadier there, is truly worrisome

Amigo; its just the Taliban's way of saying: "hamarey pyare hamwatanon, hamare haath bahut lambey hain".

@Abu Zolfiqar

Mr Ghani has full support from Pakistan and Mr Abdullah is a former ISI asset, he actually worked for the agency during the Afghan jihad. That may not mean that he is a friend of ours, however he isn't an enemy either. We still have former vets who are in good books with him. In the end, he has no choice but to work with us if not for us.

no progress so far
no one has been arrested so far
thats disappointing

@Abu Zolfiqar

Mr Ghani has full support from Pakistan and Mr Abdullah is a former ISI asset, he actually worked for the agency during the Afghan jihad. That may not mean that he is a friend of ours, however he isn't an enemy either. We still have former vets who are in good books with him. In the end, he has no choice but to work with us if not for us.

The "strategists" on our side prefer to deal with people with whom we have dealings or HAD dealings. It's a natural thing in our foreign policy and in fact it makes sense. Karzai was some nobody and was nowhere to be seen during the anti soviet jihad efforts. The bumbling fool came out of nowhere (after Pakistani state was generous to him and gave him sanctuary). Pakistan gave the grudging nod while USA propped him up and then what happened? He back-stabbed the hands that fed him.

I dont think Ghani would do the same. But that's for now at least and hopefully it shall stay that way. The first country to congratulate and invite the new leadership should be Pakistan. We should work closely to improve relations but more importantly - cooperation on many core issues.

people like Karzai or bharti-sympathetic puppets like Amrullah Saleh -- their careers are finished. They are finished. We should take advantage of this time.

p.s. former DG-ISI Lt. Gen. Hamid Gul sahib is on record stating that he'd have no reservations if Abdullah Abdullah became the leader of Afghanistan which to me is very telling.....it implies that as a Tajik who may have been seen as more useful to the eastern neighbours, he would also be receptive to full-on cooperation with Pakistan while also pledging to sign the security pact which had caused the total gridlock under karzai's worthless watch

@Abu Zolfiqar

my dear you really must read

Afghanistan: The Bear Trap

Written by Brig. (retd.) Mohammad Yousaf.....he was in the ISI and served as head of the Afghanistan bureau and led the logistical efforts of the jihad against the soviets. Despite the age of the book, has many many interesting insights.

he is one of the vets that will be useful

@Abu Zolfiqar

I agree with your assessment. I've reas Bear Trap many times, however im not sure if Brig Yusaf is still alive.

@Abu Zolfiqar

Karzai was one of our assets and he has a restaurant and house in Islamabad. How much of that brought good will from karzai camp? Your optimistim is oversimplified

It is an honor to do security duty at Mehfil-e-Zikr. Perhaps that means more than my being an engineer.

That's quite commendable. You're quite well-read and I really respect your opinions on things. So I was just interested to understand what got you into that line.

@Abu Zolfiqar

Let me be an opinionator and ask, Should we not stop depending on such strategies ??? It is always good to have someone whobis friendly but shouldnt depend on it much and use other diplomatic means to change the perception of Pakistan to the immediate neighbors.....

. . .
Brigadier Zahoor Fazal Qadri is not the first high profile army officer to have been martyred by al-Qaeda-linked militants for fighting against terrorists in Waziristan area. On November 19, 2008, Major Gen Ameer Faisal Alvi, a former two-star general and the first General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Army’s Special Service Group, was shot dead in his car in Islamabad. Once considered close to General Pervez Musharraf, Alvi was the first Pakistani Major General to have captained the prestigious Armed Forces Skydiving Team (AFST) as a General Officer Commanding. But he was forcibly retired from the Pakistan Army on disciplinary grounds ‘for conduct unbecoming’ by then Army Chief General Musharraf in August 2005.

Subsequent investigations and the arrest of a former ISI Major had revealed that Alvi’s murder was masterminded by Commander Ilyas Kashmiri, the now deceased chief of the Azad Kashmir chapter of the al-Qaeda-linked Harkatul Jehadul Islami. After his arrest, Major (Retd) Haroon Ashiq, the former ISI official, confessed having killed Major Gen Ameer Faisal Alvi at the behest of Commander Ilyas Kashmiri who also used to head 313 Brigade in North Waziristan. Kashmiri was later killed in a US drone attack on June 3, 2011 in South Waziristan.

In fact, Major General Alvi had supervised “Operation Mountain Lion”, carried out by American and British troops on the Pak-Afghan tribal border belt. The operation on the Pakistani side of the border was conducted with the help of the Special Services Group commandos to track down fugitive al-Qaeda and Taliban leaders. In one such military operation carried out in the Angoor Adda area of Waziristan in October 2003, a special SSG unit led by Maj Gen Faisal Alvi had reportedly killed 12 suspected Taliban and al-Qaeda militants and arrested 14 others.

At a subsequent media briefing, Maj Gen Alvi, the commander of the operation, had stated while showing the seized weapons to reporters: “Our guys are trying to flush out the militants. We are having problems actually flushing them out, because they are putting on strong resistance. Some of those arrested appeared to be from Afghanistan’s ousted Taliban regime. Most of the guys we have encountered so far here are foreigners hailing from different nationalities. You see those guys sitting under the tree, those prisoners we have taken, they are all foreigners and we have four dead foreigners lying here. The dead and most of the prisoners appear to be Arab nationals. A large cache of arms and basic surveillance equipment has also been seized from their compounds”.
1669391669287.png
1669391676839.png
1669391954254.png
1669391988016.png

Note that Faisal Alvi was forcefully retired in 2005 by Musharraf
But in 2008 July wrote letters the tweet below mentions
And killed in 2008 Nov

Al-Qaida wouldn't pursue him 3 years after his retirement in capital city so close to Pindi (yes I'm being suggestive).
And it was a claim by Haroon (link) who was under arrest by Musharraf, who had problem with Faisal
But 3 months after letters is more believable time.

Last edited:
View attachment 900368 View attachment 900369View attachment 900371View attachment 900372

Note that Faisal Alvi was forcefully retired in 2005 by Musharraf
But in 2008 July wrote letters the tweet below mentions
And killed in 2008 Nov

Al-Qaida wouldn't pursue him 3 years after his retirement in capital city so close to Pindi (yes I'm being suggestive).
And it was a claim by Haroon (link) who was under arrest by Musharraf, who had problem with Faisal
But 3 months after letters is more believable time.

Bottom line،صرف وہ دو جرنیل نہیں بلکہ ساری کمپنی علوی کےخلاف، کور اپ پر مُتحد تھی

Above is what I have concluded in last couple of years. It's not few bad apples, this East India Company is real Sicilian mafia.

Back
Top Bottom