What's new

AL Govt Asks TATA to Invest in BD

The issue is opportunity cost of natural gas. There are opportnities where same gas will bring in more. Tata needs to throw a few more bones on their offer..
Even if TATA throws MORE bones to impress the people of BD, it wouldn't hurt TATA besides the probability of making BD-inhabitants 'Foolish of the fools' would get higher since TATA wouldn't be investing its own money. TATA has mustered the art of 'Indian fallacy in the premise' by branding its BD-Investment venture would be by its own whereas the truth is TATA would get 'WB's SA Block's development fund' to invest in BD. So, how is TATA's scheme on to use WB's money, BD's coal and labor to make GOI rich be translated as BD's well-being even bones toward BD are to be multiplied? IMO it's no a win game since the game has been designed by TATA to enrich Indians.

Benefits GOB would receive must be quantifiable and measurable. You shouldn't get hot air against written guarantees.
I suspect behind the veneer of 'Linguistic eloquence' , quantifiable and measurable scales have been hided to make it the first casuelty of TATA's war against insignificent BDeshis.

TATA has mustered the art of 'Indian fallacy in the premise' by branding its BD-Investment venture would be by its own whereas the truth is TATA would get 'WB's SA Block's development fund' to invest in BD. So, how is TATA's scheme on to use WB's money, BD's coal and labor to make GOI rich be translated as BD's well-being even bones toward BD are to be multiplied? IMO it's no a win game since the game has been designed by TATA to enrich Indians.
Can you strengthen you premise by providing TATA's official stand on its investment plans in BD?

I suspect behind the veneer of 'Linguistic eloquence' , quantifiable and measurable scales have been hided to make it the first casuelty of TATA's war against insignificent BDeshis.
Again .... would be interesting to know what 'linguistic eloquence' of TATA are you referring to?. Let us know.

EW: One of those rare moments when i feel like agreeing with you on something.

BUT .... what do you mean by secondary product?

Thank you for asking a very important question. By definition, goods such as iron ore, natural gas, coal etc. are 'Primary' goods. When iron ore is purified in a furnace by burning gas and inputting coke and some other elements and is heated to 1600*C, it becomes steel, a secondary product.

When this steel is again re-heated to produce plates, round or deformed bars, channels, angles etc., these are called tertiary products. Tertiary products require additional labour inputs. So, an economist would say that more values are added to the primary product to make a secondary or tertiary product.

Same can be said of fertilizer. It is a secondary product and natural gas is the primary product. But, the tertiary product is food. If fertilizer is applied to a farmland, so-far without it, the land will produce 5 tons of more food when 1 ton fertilizer is applied under optimum conditions. You have to check the value of 1 ton fertilizer against that of 5 ton of rice. The value will rise by many folds.

So, the govt of BD must find ways to retain the secondary goods for use inside BD. It will greatly enhance our economic strength.

Thank you for asking a very important question. By definition, goods such as iron ore, natural gas, coal etc. are 'Primary' goods. When iron ore is purified in a furnace by burning gas and inputting coke and some other elements and is heated to 1600*C, it becomes steel, a secondary product.

When this steel is again re-heated to produce plates, round or deformed bars, channels, angles etc., these are called tertiary products. Tertiary products require additional labour inputs. So, an economist would say that more values are added to the primary product to make a secondary or tertiary product.

Same can be said of fertilizer. It is a secondary product and natural gas is the primary product. But, the tertiary product is food. If fertilizer is applied to a farmland, so-far without it, the land will produce 5 tons of more food when 1 ton fertilizer is applied under optimum conditions. You have to check the value of 1 ton fertilizer against that of 5 ton of rice. The value will rise by many folds.

So, the govt of BD must find ways to retain the secondary goods for use inside BD. It will greatly enhance our economic strength.

Thanks for your detailed answer. I think you mentioned that main intentions is to export steel to India. I dont see any logic behind that.

Our current consumption is around 22MT .. less than what we produce. We almost export 50% of our steel production. By your logic, TATA manufactures steel in BD, exports to India and than India exports to other countries ...... Does this make sense to you?

Understand one point TATA is a multinational and it would do investment only for business and generates profit its least bother about your apprehensions.
No need of heartburn if it say's no again. But BD can easily find many big STEEL industries other than Indian if it makes investment attractive.

Thanks for your detailed answer. I think you mentioned that main intentions is to export steel to India. I dont see any logic behind that.

Our current consumption is around 22MT .. less than what we produce. We almost export 50% of our steel production. By your logic, TATA manufactures steel in BD, exports to India and than India exports to other countries ...... Does this make sense to you?

No sense but only troll.

First look at the section we are in.

What Bangladesh defense has to do with Tata.

These people post economy to social to political every news in Bangladesh Defense and China Defense Section.

No sense but only troll.

First look at the section we are in.

What Bangladesh defense has to do with Tata.

These people post economy to social to political every news in Bangladesh Defense and China Defense Section.

Indian are dispise by all S Asia country... Something must be wrong....

1.Mark my words. TATA will be thrown out again from Bangladesh. Just like Mamta Banarjee saw them off in W Bengal.

2. Bengalees are a conscious people. Then Defence Secretary failed to obtain a consultancy for his firm in Jamuna Bridge Project. Heliburton, despite huge PR work, failed to get into Chittagong Port - something they eventually managed in Basra. All oil/gas drilling companies are facing multifarious lawsuits, beside public wrath from time to time. If something becomes a national/political issue, Bengalees become a difficult people to manage.

Thanks for the correct understanding. By the way, the small news item at the head of this thread does not say all the details that I have stated in several posts. TATAs intentions are not at all speculative. It has stated its intentions and I have read these in many news articles when it was bargaining with the GoB during 2005-06.

If TATA is allowed to do what it has been stating all along, then it will just take out our resouces all in the name of FDI. Even if TATA exports steel ingots to countries other than India, then also it weakens our resource base. However, if it exports the finished products (tertiary ones) to any countries, then BD gains tremendously.

Thanks for the correct understanding. By the way, the small news item at the head of this thread does not say all the details that I have stated in several posts. TATAs intentions are not at all speculative. It has stated its intentions and I have read these in many news articles when it was bargaining with the GoB during 2005-06.

If TATA is allowed to do what it has been stating all along, then it will just take out our resouces all in the name of FDI. Even if TATA exports steel ingots to countries other than India, then also it weakens our resource base. However, if it exports the finished products (tertiary ones) to any countries, then BD gains tremendously.

I think one should read the title of the thread again before blaming TATA. Your logic shuld still hold good if TATA is replaced by non Indian steel company.

I think one should read the title of the thread again before blaming TATA. Your logic shuld still hold good if TATA is replaced by non Indian steel company.

You may be true in saying that people in BD are allergic to any Indian initiatives. But, in case of TATA offer I had sent a congratulatory letter to the Times of India sometime in 2005. But, after fully realizing the meaning of TATA investment I went against this.

Now, you will perhaps understand why we are allergic to anything Indian. What India says and what India means to say become two different things. This is Kautilla style and is dispised by us. We are very straighforward people. Ghoti people in the west Bengal know us that way.

You may be true in saying that people in BD are allergic to any Indian initiatives. But, in case of TATA offer I had sent a congratulatory letter to the Times of India sometime in 2005. But, after fully realizing the meaning of TATA investment I went against this.

Now, you will perhaps understand why we are allergic to anything Indian. What India says and what India means to say become two different things. This is Kautilla style and is dispised by us. We are very straighforward people. Ghoti people in the west Bengal know us that way.

TATA is business conglomerate not Government of India. Just read the title of the post again. BD can approach any non Indian Steel company for investment why TATA ?

Back
Top Bottom