What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

No, the current giants will have on par and better (though situational) products for the foreseeable near future. But it wouldn't be a big mistake to say that Turkey will be one of the best UAV producers in the future, even on-par with the US.

Not even close today though.
I agree. USA is at another league right now. I am not just talking about UAVs; their technology and capabilities are so far away from us.

Malaysia- LIMA'19

thumbs_b_c_4a88832b71b785e0e98626022490ecdd.jpg
D2lGzl9U4AAgkd2.jpg

Specifications of the AKSUNGUR

-40,000 feet altitude
-40 hours endurance
-3.3 tons Max takeoff weight
-Ammunition such as 81/82, Hgk-82, Kgk-82
-Elint / Sigint / Comint payloads
-Sonobuoy ability for submarine detection

D4MBKlAWkAAGu-w.jpg
D4MBK7GXsAAFvGv.jpg
D4MBKOMXoAAn2UJ.jpg

There are claims that the CATS is used as a mock-up. If it's not in active service yet, I'm afraid I won't see him in active service before dies.

ANKA will fly 36 hours

The first UAV system of TAI has been accelerated in order to keep ANKA in the air for longer. Talking to NTV, TUSAŞ Deputy General Manager for Air Vehicles Omer Yildiz, 24 hours in the air still able to stay for 36 hours which is a 50 percent increase from the current, he said.

The most important step for this is the PD170 engine developed by TEI. The PD170, which offers higher performance than the current engine, continues to test for less fuel consumption, especially at high altitude. With the help of some structural changes, the duration of air in ANKA will be increased. Thus, the platform can be effectively used for longer.

MORE CONTROL FROM SINGLE POINT

Currently, ANKA can be commanded from a single point using the satellite system. 6 ANKAs can be controlled at the same time in the Combined Air Operations Center in Eskişehir. Thanks to the new system and software, 36 ANKAs can be flown at the same time.

Source: www.kokpit.aero

i dont know how they could achieve 36hrs endurance, ANKA was optimized after first flight in 2010 to 2014-2015, new engine can provide only %11 fuel efficiency. body upgrade doesnt sound good.

i dont know how they could achieve 36hrs endurance, ANKA was optimized after first flight in 2010 to 2014-2015, new engine can provide only %11 fuel efficiency. body upgrade doesnt sound good.

are you an engineer?

Back
Top Bottom