What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

no man israeli uavs are better. unfortunately they chose weak engine for this design. everythings wrong with this uav from the beginning, what makes me happy is our idiot enginers getting better everyday
You should have submitted your own design proposal instead of those losers. I am sure your design would have been much better than the work of those idiots.

The powerplant that currently equips Anka, which can be described as an evolved Thielert Centurion engine, is a 155 hp 2.0S four-cylinder, four-stroke, turbo-diesel engine.

In its original guise the Centurion engine was beset by problems; units that equipped the US Army's Gray Eagle UAS experienced issues with the clutch in particular, and platform losses have been put down to the engine, it is also considered to be somewhat underpowered.

As such the US Army has moved to re-engine its platforms and TAI has received modified Centurion units and purchased the technical data package from the manufacturer, which has since been taken over following bankruptcy and the new enterprise shifted the focus of its activities away from UAS.

Dincer said that much effort has been placed on assuring that the PD170 does not experience the same issues as the Centurion engine, with a focus on the introduction of a robust clutch.

The key benefit brought by the PD170 over the Centurion is its critical altitude performance, with the engine able to develop and maintain 120 hp at up to 30,000 ft and 170 hp at up to 20,000 ft.

This has been made possible largely through the use of a twin turbocharger, Dincer explained. He also noted that there is growth potential in the PD170, with a projected 210 hp possible with only minor modifications.

http://www.janes.com/article/60040/xponential-2016-tei-outlines-pd170-development

rEqa3a.jpg

ljnGLJ.png

A OM651 engine used in a uav? This engine have his weak points, first of all chain is in the backside, and the chain cassette. In the automotive world the chain is changed about every 250000km, beside its a Commonrail engine a diesel. They wher talking about diesel and petrol. What kind modifacation did they do?

A OM651 engine used in a uav? This engine have his weak points, first of all chain is in the backside, and the chain cassette. In the automotive world the chain is changed about every 250000km, beside its a Commonrail engine a diesel. They wher talking about diesel and petrol. What kind modifacation did they do?

There is maybe a misunderstanding, OM651 engine isnt used on a uav (i do state this without research knowing it is an automobile engine), it was a foundation for totally new design intented to be used on a uav.

They wher talking about diesel and petrol

OM651 engine isnt used on a uav

Diesel or Jet Fuel is almost the same chemicaly. Benzin is not mentioned. OM651 or former series is the skeleton from MB for Thielert. It has the same power values of actual produces cars 170 HP. You have to modify the high pressure injectors, if you use benzin the high pressure injectors will cut the micro channels cause there is no lubrication like it is with Diesel.

Diesel or Jet Fuel is almost the same chemicaly. Benzin is not mentioned. OM651 or former series is the skeleton from MB for Thielert. It has the same power values of actual produces cars 170 HP. You have to modify the high pressure injectors, if you use benzin the high pressure injectors will cut the micro channels cause there is no lubrication like it is with Diesel.

I learned that the hard way a few weeks ago when it accidentaly put gas in my diesel.

I learned that the hard way a few weeks ago when it accidentaly put gas in my diesel.

Complete tank and fuel system evacuation and cleaning, new injectors .
Probably 2.000- 3000 Euro for complete repair. Or new engine ?
(my cousin paid last year 12000 TL in Türkiye for his little Opel Corsa)
Can happen.

If we guess that TP 170 is really built on OM651 MB platform, MB could deliver licences. MB operates the greatest commercial vehicles factory in Aksaray and invests again in this plant. I want to point out that MB relations with Turkey are very good.
BOSCH produces for many years fuel injectors, pumps and electronic parts in BURSA.

Last edited:
Complete tank and fuel system evacuation and cleaning, new injectors .
Probably 2.000- 3000 Euro for complete repair. Or new engine ?
(my cousin paid last year 12000 TL in Türkiye for his little Opel Corsa)
Can happen.

If we guess that TP 170 is really built on OM651 MB platform, MB could deliver licences. MB operates the greatest commercial vehicles factory in Aksaray and invests again in this plant. I want to point out that MB relations with Turkey are very good.
BOSCH produces for many years fuel injectors, pumps and electronic parts in BURSA.

I wrote here repeatedly it is basen on Thielert Centurion not OM651 but you still talk about MB. Do you do this intentionaly? Do enjoy ennoying people?

The Thielert Centurion is a series of Diesel cycle aircraft engines for general aviation originally built by Thielert, which was bought by Aviation Industry Corporation of China's Tecnify Motors subsidiary and is currently marketed by Continental Motors.

We already made PD 170, it is already a done deal, so please explain to me why we need another license from anybody? Just why?

Stop it man, stop it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom