What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

It is a Thielert Centurion 2.0 with 112kw

ANKA-A uses 155hp Turbocharged four-cylinder engine. What TEI develops for ANKA-S, will generate 170hp up to 20000ft. It will be enough to power up ANKA-S fuselage to 30000ft. Design studies are almost completed and prototype production will be commenced for trials.

2791.jpg

Anka-S
1410521016526.jpg

3rd generation lighter Anka Flir
guneyafrika_pg1.jpg

Thanks.

I just read that Thielert went bankrupt in 2008, does it affect the the plans for the engines used in Anka in anyway?

Another question, why don't you go for a more powerful turboprop engine, like the one used in Reaper? Of course it should be a bit smaller than the Honeywell engine used in MQ-9, but it'll vastly improve speed and payload. How about let's say, a 500 hp turboprop for Anka-S? Is that even going to work?

Bro. subject opened so i wanna ask something... Can you make clear somthing about ANKA-S...

As we know ANKA-S will have both SATCOM & SAR radar... Another thing we see in MİLDAR videos is there is MİLDAR for ANKA and this MİLDAR can work in 2 different ways as SAR mode and MMW mode...

We saw 3 different mockups...

1- Only with SAR
2- Only with SATCOM
3- Only with MİLDAR

But we never saw any single desing/mockup including both SAR & SATCOM or both SATCOM & MİLDAR...

Can you make clear... Which one will be done SATCOM+SAR or SATCOM+MİLDAR ?..

View attachment 178890 View attachment 178891 View attachment 178892

Bro, ANKA performance & specifications are considered to carry Aselsan SAR+Aselsan FLIR payloads. I mean ANKA should climb 30000ft altitude While carrying all those. MMW is not in schedule at present. The contact contains only Aselsan SAR but Officials told that ANKA fuselage will be modified to meet different mission requirements. One of them will be ELINT/SIGINT ANKA as well. If It is in need, Why doesn't TAI integrate MMW under fuselage ? Platform itself is a domestic design and It will be converted into platforms How Army requests.

Thanks.

I just read that Thielert went bankrupt in 2008, does it affect the the plans for the engines used in Anka in anyway?

Another question, why don't you go for a more powerful turboprop engine, like the one used in Reaper? Of course it should be a bit smaller than the Honeywell engine used in MQ-9, but it'll vastly improve speed and payload. How about let's say, a 500 hp turboprop for Anka-S? Is that even going to work?

German engines are used only on prototypes called ANKA-A. After Thielert went bankrupt, A Chinese company owned and As far as I know, There wouldn't be a problem If Turkey requests more engine but;

Since TEI develops more powerfull engine to be completed until 2016 and If We consider ANKA-S to be started production in 2016, We can say that Development schedule of both engine+ANKA program matches so There will not be a need of foreign engine anymore.

Bro, ANKA performance & specifications are considered to carry Aselsan SAR+Aselsan FLIR payloads. I mean ANKA should climb 30000ft altitude While carrying all those. MMW is not in schedule at present. The contact contains only Aselsan SAR but Officials told that ANKA fuselage will be modified to meet different mission requirements. One of them will be ELINT/SIGINT ANKA as well. If It is in need, Why doesn't TAI integrate MMW under fuselage ? Platform itself is a domestic design and It will be converted into platforms How Army requests.

I thought SATCOM/MİLDAR choice would be better because MİLDAR includes both SAR & MMW capabilities/modes... But SAR only have SAR capability... So i thought it would be better removing SAR and putting MİLDAR... Also their weights should be same or so close... Let's see... Thx for the answer bro...

Mate, After ANKA-S, there will be another project that is called ANKA-TP.

A 5 Ton class UAV which will be the equivalent of Reaper. I know the studies are still going on and it will most probably use a 1000hp Turboprop engine.

Mate, After ANKA-S, there will be another project that is called ANKA-TP.

A 5 Ton class UAV which will be the equivalent of Reaper. I know the studies are still going on and it will most probably use a 1000hp Turboprop engine.
ETA of Anka A?

I thought SATCOM/MİLDAR choice would be better because MİLDAR includes both SAR & MMW capabilities/modes... But SAR only have SAR capability... So i thought it would be better removing SAR and putting MİLDAR... Also their weights should be same or so close... Let's see... Thx for the answer bro...

Bro, Meteksan IHA-MİLDAR have a tracking range of 15km at SAR mode, While Aselsan SAR has 40km.

TEI works on an engine for ANKA-S which will generate 170 hp also TEI official adds it will be designed and built suitable for future 210 hp version of it as Cabatli said... So i think this 210 hp version will be for armed ANKA-S... I don't mean ANKA-TP, it's a different story...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom