What's new

Airbus-Tata consortium to manufacture C-295 transport aircraft in Vadodara

@Bilal9 bro

Based on Airbus information (instead of Indian media), there is no Aerostructure part manufacturing in India, only assembling process. Despite so assembling in aerospace is no easy task, system integration is also part of aerospace assembling process, much more complicated than car assembling that can be completed just within a day.

There is no export license as well based on Airbus information, but putting Airbus/Tata factory as part of aerostructure supply chain is still possible and maybe this is the one that Indian media said as export license.

I doubt India can export C 295, nothing like this ever been existed in history, as Indian as buyer is not a developer of C 295. They can produce the plane under license agreement only and for Indian order and it will be limited to number of planes where both Airbus and Indian gov agree, that is basic in term of license agreement.

Using some of Indian products like Self Protection System is indeed shown in this Airbus information. I just want to compare with more important technology like Flight Control system where for N219 the flight control system is developed and produced by Indonesian Aerospace.

1666946859671.png

Last edited:
@Bilal9 bro

Based on Airbus information (instead of Indian media), there is no Aerostructure part manufacturing in India, only assembling process. Despite so assembling in aerospace is no easy task, system integration is also part of aerospace assembling process, much more complicated than car assembling that can be completed just within a day.

There is no export license as well based on Airbus information, but putting Airbus/Tata factory as part of aerostructure supply chain is still possible and maybe this is the one that Indian media said as export license.

I doubt India can export C 295, nothing like this ever been existed in history, as Indian as buyer is not a developer of C 295. They can produce the plane under license agreement only and for Indian order and it will be limited to number of planes where both Airbus and Indian gov agree, that is basic in term of license agreement.

Using some of Indian products like Self Protection System is indeed shown in this Airbus information. I just want to compare with more important technology like Flight Control system where for N219 the flight control system is developed and produced by Indonesian Aerospace.

View attachment 889996

I know brother. These bhakt idiots are ignorant as always about their own country. Propaganda is one thing, reality is another.

I know that Mahindra is trying to assemble an agricultural/utility aircraft from Australia and Tata will be doing some basic assembly.

HAL was set up in WWII as a repair station by the USAAF to repair C119 packet aircraft in those days. Since then, HAL has not improved their capabilities a heck of a lot. Certainly not like China or even as much as Indonesia (Dirgantara).

Other than very recently, local aerospace parts manufacture in India has been quite rare. They do mostly assembly under license. Whatever they come up with indigenously has been mostly dismal failures, like the Tejas fighter.

They try whatever they can get away with cheaply and with ease.

@Bilal9 bro

View attachment 889996

It is the first ‘Make in India’ aerospace programme in the private sector, involving the full development of a complete industrial ecosystem: from the manufacture to assembly, test and qualification, to delivery and maintenance of the complete lifecycle of the aircraft.

@Indos brother - the amount of ignorance and blatant uneducated puffery from Sanghis is just breathtaking in this thread.

This is why India remains where it is and is headed to even worse state of affairs.

Let their Bhagwan help them....

The information I posted is factual, I at least expected them to try to argue like educated people with logic instead of reacting like street hoodlums.

One guy is comparing N219 with C212 ! :lol:

The reason is, they have no facts to argue back with.....

Here is a damning expose of why successive Indian govts. and politicians, keep cossetting Indian aerospace industry, because (like a milking cow) its a gift that keeps on giving bribewise. Especially with overpriced local assembly of underperforming foreign fighters like SU-30MKI models. This has gone on for seventy long years and will keep on going on....

I would have responded to the Bangladeshi but decided that it's beneath me
Let them think what they want 😜

You did not respond because you have nothing to respond with. Other than with personal insults which your ilk did here....

Last edited:
@Indos brother - the amount of ignorance and blatant uneducated puffery from Sanghis is just breathtaking in this thread.

This is why India remains where it is and is headed to even worse state of affairs.

Let their Bhagwan help them....

The information I posted is factual, I at least expected them to try to argue like educated people with logic instead of reacting like street hoodlums.

One guy is comparing N219 with C212 ! :lol:

The reason is, they have no facts to argue back with.....

NC 212 i is developed by Indonesian. You can see the word "i" means Indonesia and N means Nusantara (the indigenous name of Indonesia)

C 212 in the beginning look like this

1666951320302.png

I would say N 219 that has first flight in 2017 is copy cat by Textron from USA. The basic design is very similar

N219 (first flight 2017)

1666951980813.png

Textron Cessna Sky courier (first flight in 2020)

1666951869901.png

One more gem of a prediction from our resident ex-fart; now I understand why this fellow is so jelly

Yeah Indonesia is part of C295 supply chain, does it mean Indonesia manufactures C-295?

I hope you know there are probably hundreds of companies all over the world involved in supply chains for a single C-295? 🤔
This is Indonesia's expertise in Aerospace manufacturing
it is limited to only one technology - Radial ball bearings of Aerospace ISO standards among over 100 technologies
1666970264512.png

And this limits their contribution to the project as they have-
No avionics expertise
No aircraft engine expertise
No composite materials expertise

However, the country has good future in Aerospace if its chooses to get off its complacency

Last edited:
Here is a damning expose of why successive Indian govts. and politicians, keep cossetting Indian aerospace industry, because (like a milking cow)
That is the perception of an individual whose origin nation has lesser Aerospace exports than Congo

1650305547515.png

1650305563972.png

Its goes back subcontient saying - shonor ka jaane adrak ka swad

Were these to replace the Do-28s and Hs.748s?

This is Indonesia's expertise in Aerospace manufacturing
it is limited to only one technology - Radial ball bearings of Aerospace ISO standards among over 100 technologies
View attachment 890179

And thats their contribution is to the project is as they have-
No avionics expertise
No aircraft engine expertise
No composite materials expertise

However, the country has good future in Aerospace if its chooses to get off its complacency
Any idea when the new mtcr guidebook will be released i remember we had 84/94 tech in 2017 right @Kyusuibu Honbu

Were these to replace the Do-28s and Hs.748s?

India assembles the Dornier 228 (not the Do 28 which is a much smaller airplane like a small cessna twin).

Dornier 228 Twin turboprop is in the same weight class as a Canadian Twin otter, the Czech Let 410 etc. These are all nineteen seater airplanes, the new designs in this class such as the Indonesian N219 and the Cessna Sky courier can also carry three LD3 containers, the 70 inch square cabin can acocmodate those.

Here is a complete list of nineteen seater class,

The HS748 (called Avro by IAF folks) is a lot bigger than the Do-228's nineteen seater weight class and seats forty passengers. The Fokker F-27 Friendship is similar weight class but is a civilian analogue and usually did not offer military variants. I'd say the HS 748 is similar to the Antonov 26 (in PAF service formerly) and the Antonov-32 (in BAF and IAF service currently). Today the Airbus ATR 42 civilian prop liner (used by PAF/PN in Navy and Recon versions) are also in the same class as an HS 748.

HS748 and AN32's in IAF service will be replaced by the relatively new C-295 airplane.

In Bangladesh - the AN32's will be phased out and the process has started with C-295s being inducted in small numbers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom