What's new

AirBlue Commercial Aircraft Crashes in Islamabad

presidnet of youth parliment Prem Chand also died in crash :(

First Officer Muntajib lost his life in a tragic Airblue crash today.

oo.jpg

An ex- PAF and a very seasoned Mirage and F-16 pilot who had joined Airblue around an year back. Muntajib who was only 35 has left behind a wife and 2 young sons...

May God bless his soul and all the others who died in the crash.

Aahh, what would his family be going through right now and of all those who died in this trajic accident? A sad day for our whole nation. The loved ones, the dear ones lost their lives, digging a hole for all the dreams the relatives had attached to them. What a sad incident indeed. May Allah swt give patience to their families.

Even the sky is weeping since morning... What a sad day today.

Everyone should offer two Rakat Nafal for the affected families, that may Allah swt give them patience to overcome this sad news.

Ya Allah Khair

It is sad Accident , I really shocked after watching all this. May ALLAH Give peace to the relatives of the martyred .

Malik wants inquiry into route change

Updated at: 1644 PST, Wednesday, July 28, 2010
ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister Rehman A Malik, grieved over the disastrous accident that killed several people this morning in Islamabad, said the inquiry would be conducted to ascertain the cause as to why the plane was on wrong route, Geo News reported Wednesday.

Speaking about the incident, he said the plane was signaled to land on the runway at a time when it was flying at a height of 2500 feet; however, the plane started to soar higher and reached 3,000 feet after the landing permission.

Malik said the search for the black box is on the go; so that, the actual course of the incident could be found out.

The interior minister stressed that investigations would be conducted to discover as to why plane flew on wrong path.

A special counter has been set up at the airport, so that the bereaved can garner information about the passengers of the plane.

Malik wants inquiry into route change - GEO.tv

==============

do you smell something fishy?

guyz...........the first one to reach dere were INteligence guys.......dere is now a bit surety that in that particular zone dere is sumthing hidden n THE PLANE WAS SHOT DOWN BY ARMY ItSElf..............becoz dere wasnt a pilot error nor the plane was in any prob.........!!!!
n As a confirmed news from a source that PIA FLight 268 was shot down by INdians in 1992.......as it mistakenly crossed the border...........!!!!

guyz...........the first one to reach dere were INteligence guys.......dere is now a bit surety that in that particular zone dere is sumthing hidden n THE PLANE WAS SHOT DOWN BY ARMY ItSElf..............becoz dere wasnt a pilot error nor the plane was in any prob.........!!!!
n As a confirmed news from a source that PIA FLight 268 was shot down by INdians in 1992.......as it mistakenly crossed the border...........!!!!

Get a hold on your conspiracy theories man !

Hundreds of people visit that hidden zone each day..!

Oh my god - You're crazy.:disagree::disagree:

Can you please get a hold of your nutty theories right now? It's a no-fly zone but it does not mean that it was brought down.

PIA Flight 268 came down due to pilot error.

Malik wants inquiry into route change

Updated at: 1644 PST, Wednesday, July 28, 2010
ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister Rehman A Malik, grieved over the disastrous accident that killed several people this morning in Islamabad, said the inquiry would be conducted to ascertain the cause as to why the plane was on wrong route, Geo News reported Wednesday.

Speaking about the incident, he said the plane was signaled to land on the runway at a time when it was flying at a height of 2500 feet; however, the plane started to soar higher and reached 3,000 feet after the landing permission.

Malik said the search for the black box is on the go; so that, the actual course of the incident could be found out.

The interior minister stressed that investigations would be conducted to discover as to why plane flew on wrong path.

A special counter has been set up at the airport, so that the bereaved can garner information about the passengers of the plane.

Malik wants inquiry into route change - GEO.tv

==============

do you smell something fishy?

yeh we smell this bhangee is stinking . he is the idiot who gave wrong information about survivors.

The stinking mouse doesnt know a shi.t and speaking foot in mouth

CAA has released the last minutes of the pilot-ATC conversation:-

Control tower’s first warning: You are getting away from the runway.

Pilot’s response: We can see the runway.

Control tower’s second warning: Immediately turn left, Margalla is ahead.

Pilot’s response: We can see it.

I think this incident has nothing to do with NO-FLY ZONE thingy .
but what i got is there was sum confusion at the pilots end which might be due to bad weather or might due neglegence on behalf of control tower guys.

Then why they did not turn around?Maybe the plane went into stall.Or the pilots thought the hills are away but they were very near and they went into them.

152 passengers in the plane and only 3 percent survived who are still in critical condition, RIP to the deceased :(

Worst plane crash in the history of Pakistan, I was in my room when I heard that plane, it was soo hard that if I was standin on a runway, dono the exact time but it was after 9am I guess

Last edited:
Key factors for Pakistan crash probe

Bad weather and technical failure are two key areas for the inquiry

As Pakistan authorities launch an investigation into the crash of the Airblue Airbus A321 near Islamabad, Jim Ferguson, an aviation expert based in Aberdeen, Scotland, discusses some of the possible scenarios.

Bad weather

"Until the plane's 'black box' flight recorders are found, we simply will not know what caused this crash. There are so many unanswered questions.

It could be a combination of many things. But from the reports I have seen, the weather could be the villain of the piece. If you've ever been in monsoon rain, you know how serious it is.

But whatever the weather, this is an accident which should not have happened. Monsoons happen every year in Pakistan - they are nothing new to aviation.

So my first question is: Was this plane trying to land in weather conditions which were below the agreed minimum for the aircraft? And did the pilot have any other option?

It would have been up to the crew to make a decision about whether or not to land. Because no matter the weather, the airport would have remained open.

We need to know what the actual weather was at the time of the crash. What was the visibility? Was there fog? Was there a cross wind? Was there any wind shear or nasty microbursts (downdrafts) hidden in the monsoon?

And it would be useful to know what Airblue's minimum conditions for landing were. I would guess a visibility of half a mile and a cloud base of 500ft. But that is a guess.

Throughout the journey, the crew should have been given regular weather updates. Each time they have to decide - is it worth continuing?

We don't know what information the crew had been given. But the Pakistani authorities will be wanting to know why the aircraft took off from Karachi in the first place.

Were the crew unwise to do so? And were they unwise to continue?"

Fuel shortage

"The bad weather in Islamabad begs the question: Did the aircraft have enough fuel to divert to another airport?

A plane should always carry enough fuel to reach its destination, plus an allowance for circling and enough spare fuel to reach a nominated alternative airport.

Karachi to Islamabad is around two hours flying time, so the pilot may not have had enough fuel for a round trip. But they should certainly have had enough to divert."

Navigational error

"Was this a navigational error by the pilot?

Some reports indicate the plane may have been circling before an attempt to land. If so, was this its first attempt?

I have to assume that it was. Because I haven't heard any reports of an overshoot.

It is possible that the plane had already made an approach, taken a look and thought - I don't fancy that, and gone for another circle. But nobody has said anything yet about an aborted landing procedure.

If you are going to circle for a while, there is a safety height below which you should not descend. Usually it is the height of the tallest nearby hill, plus a couple of thousand feet for clearance. Was the plane below that height? And if so, why?

To help the pilot navigate, we know there are a couple of navigation beacons around Islamabad. But we do not know if there is an instrument landing system. If there is, was it working? Was it affected by the heavy monsoon rain?"

Technical failure

"Was there a problem with the plane's navigational systems?

The Airbus is a complicated aeroplane and it doesn't let people down. Not often anyway. Everything should work, no matter the weather.

To measure your altitude, the plane has a barometric altimeter, which you set to local pressure. You should also have a radar altimeter, and a ground proximity warning system (GPWS) which tells you 'Pull up. Pull up'.

When it says that, you put the throttles forward and climb like a homesick angel. You've got to otherwise you're going to wrap yourself around a hill.

The system is quite unreal. You can input the details of your whole flight when you take off - all the beacons and the heights you want to do - and sit back and let the plane do it for you. But in bad weather like that, most guys would be going for it hands on.

As for the airline's safety record, this appears to be the first major accident that Airblue have had."

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom