What's new

AirBlue Commercial Aircraft Crashes in Islamabad

Tragic Indeed.

I don't understand what was the plane doing near Margalla hills. Isn't the airport on the other side of City?

Also, I lived in F-10 for some time and I don't think this is normal for Airplanes to circle near Margalla Hills in case they have to wait for their turn to land (i never saw any commercial aircraft near Margalla Hills). They Circle mostly in the open, i.e. above Chaklala Scheme and Satellite Town(if landing from the wrong side -mostly in bad weather)in Pindi.

Bad weather was not the reason for this crash, it is due to technical problem.
well i was just answering him that the weather here isn't good, as its still raining out there as we speak, about the plane crash the ground control didnot allow the plane to land twice so "Technical fault?" i think not

According to latest news 60 survived. Things would be clearer once rescue operation finishes.

According to Geo Tv 12 people missed the flight. Now total number is around 140. Total 152 people were supposed to be on the flight.

147 were onboard 12 missed the flight

10 bodies have been recovered.

Army aviation is on the spot doing rescue work

Four dead bodies have been identified as males and four as females.

152 passenger onboard... dont know exact deaths... these pictures taken by me from my office building in Blue Area. Our building gurads said we have seen this aircraft @ very low fly over blue area before crash...

4836450061_50ba6e566b_b.jpg

4837060592_f16e61cfe0_b.jpg

4837060722_3721104af5_b.jpg

4837060862_9da81fba0c_b.jpg

4837061014_d2cb43d442_b.jpg

4836450691_00fdb0c15d_b.jpg

4837061286_05bb0f1997_b.jpg

Express 24/7 reporter Sabur Ali Syed reports:

The crash site is a national park, and it is presumed that the plane crashed into a steep ridge in the hills.

Eyewitnesses say the plane was flying at an extremely low altitude. They say they have never seen a plane flying on this particular route.

GM Marketing, Airblue Raheel Ahmed says the families of those on the Airblue flight will be transported to the capital via Airblue.

Very sad news indeed...

May the Almighty give courage to the relatives of passengers...

Plane crashes in Pakistan's capital, 152 onboard - People's Daily Online

Backgrounder: Major deadly air crashes in recent years
P201007281401509505248242.jpg

Location of Margalla Hills in Pakistan's capital Islamabad. (Map Source: Google Maps)

A passenger plane, 152 passengers onboard, crashed into Margalla Hills in Pakistan's capital Islamabad on Wednesday morning but no immediate casualty report has been received, police sources said.

The private airlines flight traveling from Turkey to Islamabad via Karachi, the south port city of Pakistan, lost contact with the control tower of Islamabad airport, local TV channel ARY News reported.

Police and rescue teams have been dispatched to the site of crash.

The plane crashed behind the mountainous range of Margalla Hills, near the Damanekoh resort, according to reports.

Fire is visible from the picnic spot of DamaneKoh and rescue teams are trying to reach the site, local media said.

Eyewitnesses have seen the aircraft taking a very low flight. It was a private aircraft coming from Karachi to Islamabad, local media reported.

It is raining in Islamabad and dense fog might have caused the incident, a source in the Rescue-1122 emergency services told Xinhua on phone. Many flights have been grounded due to bad weather in eastern city of Lahore.

The well guarded hills surrounds northeast of the capital city. Some parts of it are fitted with anti-aircraft guns and many Pakistani troop checkpoints are located on the hills.

P201007281416216944178059.jpg

(BBC Photo)
Source:Xinhua

It has started raining heavily. Rescue efforts shall be affected. Visibility is also low.

40 injured rescued from the crash site, 25 bodies recovered, Pilot aged 65

hmm

if its air blue, i would never travel with this airline, how much u pay for it, its like gonna end up dead with a sick airline lol..

You stupid moron people have lost their lives and you are finding funny side of this, I have never seen a biggest looser than you in my life.

Almighty gives strength to the family and decesaed.

Express 24/7: Black box has been recovered from the crash site

Back
Top Bottom