What's new

Air Marshal Tahir Butt appointed VCAS of PAF

SEAL

Reaction score
Air Marshal Tahir Butt appointed VCAS of PAF - GEO.tv

Monday, October 04, 2010
ISLAMABAD: The Government has appointed Air Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt as Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS), Pakistan Air Force, an official news release said here on Monday.

Air Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt was commissioned in General Duties (Pilot) Branch of PAF on March 6, 1977. He has served as a fighter pilot in various squadrons of Pakistan Air Force.

He has qualified Flying Instructors' Combat Commanders' Armed Forces War and Turkish War Courses.

During his career he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing, an operational PAF Base and a Regional Air Command.

In his last assignment, he was serving as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Personnel), at Air Headquarters, Islamabad.

He is recipient of Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-i-Basalat.

well he wanted to say that govt have to do more for the airforce by just apponitments our airforce wont get better and it is fact our airforce lacks the Air defence systems and cargo planes which are old 25 years

well he wanted to say that govt have to do more for the airforce by just apponitments our airforce wont get better and it is fact our airforce lacks the Air defence systems and cargo planes which are old 25 years

But bhai this is a necessary appointment related with normal functioning of the PAF. How is it related with PAF's future procurements?

well anyone can take his place their are many seniors around airforce anyway i wanted to say Govt should stop doing politics in country and seriously go to other countries like russia and china and finalise the deal for SAM system which are high altitudes and also buy some air to air missiles from russia and china and also bunker buster bombs radars etc

Two air vice marshals promoted to air marshals

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: Air vice marshals Syed Athar Hussain Bukhari and Asim Suleiman of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), have been promoted to the rank of air marshal.

Air Marshal Athar had been commissioned in the PAF in 1978 and had been an accomplished fighter pilot and a qualified flying instructor and a graduate of the Combat Commanders’ School.

His career had encompassed a wide range of operational, training and command assignments.

He had also been the recipient of the Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara-i-Basalat.

Air Marshal Suleiman had also been commissioned in the PAF in 1978. He was a proficient fighter pilot and had served as an instructor pilot in an operational conversion unit and the coveted Combat Commanders’ School. He had been decorated with Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-e-Basalat and Imtiazi Sanad.

Back
Top Bottom