What's new

Air-Independent Propulsion For Last Two Scorpene Submarines Ready: DRDO

operational range of Babur Cruise Missile with 700 km range be aware of your Rajkumaries.

wake up from sweet dreams open your eyes face the realities you will forget the exocet and harpoon when you will face the Babur Cruise Missile from 700 km range

Thanks Mr Obvious,we mortal had no idea about Hatf VII and its range before his majesty decided to shower us with the blessing of his divine knowledge and disclose his secrets to us!!My heartfelt regards to thyself!! :D :D
By the way,in case his majesty forgot,Hatf VII is a land attack missile,it's designed to target fixed targets and therefore doesn't come with a seeker of any kind!!So if logic is to dictate the terms,then in all likelihoods,your Half VIIs will miss their marks if targeted against a moving warship!! :coffee:

I didn't complete my Masters in India, had to drop out after my father's death.

I am sorry for your loss.

I was just wondering, that in countries like India/Pakistan and generally most of the developing world, cutting edge research is done at mostly government-military complex, so if one has the opportunity, then they should get experienced in the local scene.

I had the pleasure of visiting NMRL a few years ago and saw some of this tech with my own eyes. The AIP has been a major thrust area for NMRL (simplified, it is a rozi roti ka sawal for them).

This system is unique in the sense that it was developed to be better than the offered options (France, Russia, Germany etc.) Navy guys concluded that all AIP systems on offer were essentially dumbed down versions of the original. Hence mandate was given to NMRL for development of this AIP system.
NMRL guys are very proud of this achievement. Though Sea trials are necessary before we can pop the champagne.

Is it the most advanced? Certainly not, but, it is the most advanced AIP system IN can have. And certainly with better specs than many others.

P.S. Nice to be back here on pdf after a long hiatus. And glad to see old guns like @Vasily Zaytsev and @Skull and Bones still firing strong!

cutting edge research is done at mostly government-military complex,

Donnie, the pay is ridiculous. To put it in perspective for you, wife's dad when he retired was earning less than the starting salary of his daughter (my wife). Have another cousin in the same. We were discussing the other day, with the entry of private players this will change. But, they are a decade away from any kind of research. Let alone cutting edge. They first need to absorb existing technologies for assembling and manufacturing. And then progress from there. At-least, 10 years for this.

Its great, if you want a stable job and want to do something which nobody else does. But after 30, one needs money. For houses, children, trips.

Donnie, the pay is ridiculous. To put it in perspective for you, wife's dad when he retired was earning less than the starting salary of his daughter (my wife). Have another cousin in the same. We were discussing the other day, with the entry of private players this will change. But, they are a decade away from any kind of research. Let alone cutting edge. They first need to absorb existing technologies for assembling and manufacturing. And then progress from there. At-least, 10 years for this.

Its great, if you want a stable job and want to do something which nobody else does. But after 30, one needs money. For houses, children, trips.

Lol, i would probably be studying at around 30 years of age.......but yea i know, the pay is shyt because pay at government departments is shyt. A traffic constable, a police man or a customs officer can all make extra money you know, but working as a simple engineer/scientist in a lab you have no choice, unless you are clever and rose to the top. I think our own forum member @Oscar had some interesting experience.

working as a simple engineer/scientist in a lab you have no choice, unless you are clever and rose to the top.

Even this is not possible. There are quotas. Yes, don't laugh. Positions in research filled on the basis of affirmative action. And the pay is defined as per the central pay commission. So most of the time if you put in x number of years you get x amount of pay. Promotions are based on number of years or like I said above affirmative action. High profile posts result in merit. But, these are few. There are instances, where the boss takes away all the credit after the team delivers. Unlike, pvt companies there is no HR check. One of the best things this government is trying to do is push up the younger talent.

Sitharaman

Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman welcomes her French counterpart Florence Parley upon her arrival to inspect a guard of honour at the Defense Ministry in New Delhi on Friday. | Photo Credit: V. Sudershan

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...to-ramp-up-strategic-ties/article19931322.ece

All aspects of defence and security cooperation between the two countries as well as ways to enhance maritime cooperation were discussed in the meeting.

India and France on Friday held wide-ranging talks aimed at further boosting defence and security ties, with a focus on co-development of military platforms, and enhancing cooperation in the maritime sphere.

Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her French counterpart Florence Parley deliberated on a host of key issues, including the regional security situation, transfer of critical technology for various defence projects and ways to ramp up overall strategic ties, an official said.

All aspects of defence and security cooperation between the two countries as well as ways to enhance maritime cooperation were discussed in the meeting, the official added.

Ms. Parley, who is in New Delhi on a two-day visit, will call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and meet National Security Adviser Ajit Doval. She is expected to lay the ground for French President Emmanuel Macron’s upcoming trip to India.

Ms. Parley is also likely to push for a follow on order of additional Rafale fighter jets, after the delivery of 36 jets under a Rs 58,000 crore deal finalised last year.

The French Embassy had said in a statement yesterday that Parley’s visit is aimed at strengthening all aspects of France’s “fast developing” defence cooperation with India, its foremost Asian strategic partner.

It said Ms. Parley’s talks with Ms. Sitharaman will range from defence cooperation, in particular maritime security, joint exercises of the armed forces and counter-terrorism to industrial and technological partnership under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.

Back
Top Bottom