What's new

Air Force Question Thread

recently the ACM give sqdn colours to No.4 Squadron - if one checks the PAF ORBAT, No.4 Sqdn is not listed under any of the current Wings.

so the question arises.

1-was No.4 number-plated?
2-is No.4 activated?
3-which type of a/c it has re-equipped with? - the mirages of No.5 sqdn (who have the new F-16s) or No.4 is getting ready for the 3rd sqdn of the JFT.

any ideas?

recently the ACM give sqdn colours to No.4 Squadron - if one checks the PAF ORBAT, No.4 Sqdn is not listed under any of the current Wings.

so the question arises.

1-was No.4 number-plated?
2-is No.4 activated?
3-which type of a/c it has re-equipped with? - the mirages of No.5 sqdn (who have the new F-16s) or No.4 is getting ready for the 3rd sqdn of the JFT.

any ideas?

Well Sir,

If you are talking in reference to this news item PAF fully capable to thwart any threat: Air Chief | The Jazba Blog, Seeking for truth then i believe this No4 Sqd is something in the PAF Academy, like the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Pak Battalions we have in PMA. This No 4 Sqd does not seems to be an operational Sqd.

But in the past we did used to have a No 4 Sqd which got deactivated, and i believe it was for SAR purposes.

http://www.paffalcons.com/squadrons/index.php

If am missing anything let me know plz.

Well Sir,

If you are talking in reference to this news item PAF fully capable to thwart any threat: Air Chief | The Jazba Blog, Seeking for truth then i believe this No4 Sqd is something in the PAF Academy, like the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Pak Battalions we have in PMA. This No 4 Sqd does not seems to be an operational Sqd.

But in the past we did used to have a No 4 Sqd which got deactivated, and i believe it was for SAR purposes.

PAF Falcons - PAF s' Squadrons

If am missing anything let me know plz.

Pakistan Air Force Academy
Primary Flying Training Wing

1 Primary Flying Training Squadron
MFI-395 Super Mushshak

2 Primary Flying Training Squadron
MFI-395 Super Mushshak

Basic Flying Training Wing
Basic Flying Training Squadron

T-37C Tweet

Advanced/Basic Flying Training Wing
Advanced/Basic Flying Training Squadron

K-8 Karakorum

K-8P Karakorum

Flying Instructors' School*
MFI-395 Super Mushshak

T-37C Tweet

Evaluation Flight
K-8 Karakorum

K-8P Karakorum

no No.4 Squadron listed under the PAF Academy.

Very Serious question need reply please.
I want to know in 2006-2007 there were news that Pakistan got VERA passive sensor from Czech, what was outcome, have we that sort of thing now or we have developed something like that after checking that technology and know how.

after the osama incident wat will happen to the 14 F 16s PAF wanted to get ,KC 135S THROUGH EDA,the 30 bells on order and the super vipers v were abt to get by 2015? plz can any onyone answer?

Can you guys identify the equipment on the Mirage's centre pylon ? it doesn't look like a fuel tank.

mirage3.jpg

Thanks for that Santro,
But as the aircraft is a dedicated Recce version (III RP), what benefit does the pod offer.

Thanks for that Santro,
But as the aircraft is a dedicated Recce version (III RP), what benefit does the pod offer.

Stand off capability for recce.
The cameras in the nose of the Rp's are only looking down.. which means they have to fly overhead or very close to a potentially highly defended target.. putting themselves at sure shot risk of being shot down.
With LOROP.. you look at the target from the side via long range cameras and relatively away from SHORADs surrounding the target.
Such a view does have its disadvantages.. you are looking at only one angle .. and whilst you may get a better look at the facility from the view as compared to conventional recce..you may miss something behind a building(although you may catch something through the open doors of a hangar).

Interestingly.. I wonder what happened to the DB-110 pods ordered ??.. are they still heading to the Vipers or have they been re-designated for the Mirage.. which is what we might be looking at.

i dont know but nice pic though!

Thats not LOROP, its LORAP (Long Range Aerial Reconnaissance pod). Its was inducted in PAF in 1978, iam confident that No.5 Sqn (then TA&R Sqn) is the only recipient of LORAP. Since past 33 years, LORAP is providing trans-frontier imagery to both PAF and PA.

In the past it was used to capture imagery of Siachin glacier too. No.5 Sqn also provided accurate images of water level during floods, these photos were helpful in making decisions at the right time.

Infra-red Line scan (IRLS) was also another pod used by the unit, it was inducted in 1983. IRLS provided both day and night imagery to PAF. Its also attached to centerline pylon.

With induction of Goodrich's DB110 No.5 MR sqn is continuing its reconnaissance role.

All the No.5 Sqn Mirages and its related equipment(H-2/4, LORAP, IRLS, durandal bombs etc) are distributed among other Mirage Sqn. Most of them are alloted to only one unit.

Back
Top Bottom