What's new

Air defence system of Pakistan (suggestions)

The current SAM sites and facilities including active.

samsitespakistan.jpg

There is No SAM in Azad Kashmir(Indian view) or Azad kashmir(pakistans view).
I think there should be atleast 1 site for SAM in there, keeping in mind that its center of all wars.

crotales are relics now. I remember seeing them in the 23rd March Pakistan Parades since Gen Zia

my father was originally a gunner but then moved to AKK AKK (renamed as Air defence or in late 90s) and served at Kahuta and in NWPF (along Pak Afghan border during 80s) and of course in Saudi Border town Sharura during KSA's limited war with Communist Yemen.

During my on field visits to deployment under his command as battery commander that’s what I can remember it would have PAF operated radar, a about 4 or 5 twin barrel 37MM Chinese AAAs and two or three 4 barrel Shilka (towed version). And one or two 12.7mm. since I am talking about 20 years ago so I cant recall the exact number. I don’t recall seeing any missile systems my self including RBS70 or other shoulder mounted missiles. If permitted I would run toward a 37mm, sit in its chair and turn its wheel while the gunner would explain how the cross hairs work. (no I never fired it)

crotale1.jpg

Your father would know my cousin who retired as Lt. Col. from Air Defense. He served at Kahuta and the AAD School in Karachi. His was the last course (normal) to pass out before 71' war -- the one after theirs was the 1st Special.

BTW he was also a gunner.

There is No SAM in Azad Kashmir(Indian view) or Azad kashmir(pakistans view).
I think there should be atleast 1 site for SAM in there, keeping in mind that its center of all wars.

What is the source of this map and how accurate is it?

Your father would know my cousin who retired as Lt. Col. from Air Defense. He served at Kahuta and the AAD School in Karachi. His was the last course (normal) to pass out before 71' war -- the one after theirs was the 1st Special.

BTW he was also a gunner.

they might have served together somewhere. my father was from Special. he says he got the forms for the special and he just applied and got selected he passed out before 71 also retired as a colonnel.

I am sure he will know him. send me a PM with the name and we will talk more

Air defence family is very small :) and I might even know him. although I am not an army man but due to my family ties with army for like 4 generations I know many people.

Last edited:
they might have served together somewhere. my father was from Special. he says he got the forms for the special and he just applied and got selected he passed out before 71 also retired as a colonnel.

I am sure he will know him. send me a PM with the name and we will talk more

Air defence family is very small :) and I might even know him. although I am not an army man but due to my family ties with army for like 4 generations I know many people.

If your father was from 1st special than he must know Brig. Ayaz Mughni - Armour. He is my colleague at work. What is the name of your father - if you want I can them in touch.

Back
Top Bottom