What's new

AI robots to patrol India borders soon, How is Pakistan countering?

Let them live in their fantasy world of AI robotic warfare. They succeed or not, we must be paying attention on such technologies for future warfare and I believe we are looking into such stuffs.

When the Human Option Fails you are forced to take such steps.

There is scope for such vehicles. They could patrol, detect, relay live feeds back to a human operator - but killbots; only if you want to start a war. AI is not trusted enough for that role yet. Development is happening - but i doubt anyone is going to trust it yet.
you dont need vehicles but strategically setup monitoring posts/sensors

Another great claim to fame by Tata or HCL?

They were great in downing Boeing 737 max with their outsourced code.

Just another curry muncher BS - take it with light air. not need to pass wind on this one. gatvoel post and claim.

Yes, someone put dagga as a herb in one of the curries that they were eating. Wonderful grandious illusions.

mampoer man think it is a poor curry muncher disguised as a robot.
I am 100% sure it will be israeli system as there are numerous reports that israelis are getting involved in kashmir rather openly.

I am 100% sure it will be israeli system as there are numerous reports that israelis are getting involved in kashmir rather openly.
yes, it is more than likely; for isreal tech firms, it is a perfect testing ground. They are in for getting live situations and improvise. But you wont find personel from IDF - these are mostly the various industries people.

yes, it is more than likely; for isreal tech firms, it is a perfect testing ground. They are in for getting live situations and improvise. But you wont find personel from IDF - these are mostly the various industries people.
on the flip side I strongly believe the Chinese will be testing their systems on this side vis a vis to israeli systems because its the perfect place to test it. may the best systems win.

-Does Pakistan have a project of its own?
-Any JV with China?

Indian scientists have reportedly been working on all-terrain AI-enabled robots that might be used to patrol international border of the country. The Bengaluru-based Central Research Laboratory of defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) is working on developing a prototype for such a robot by December this year, The Times of India reported.

The BEL robot will be equipped with sensors and programmed to communicate with the control centre, the report said. In addition, it will also be able to work in situations like the recent Easter blasts across Sri Lanka while conducting surveillance, it further added.

The primary objective of the border patrol robots will be to save the lives of security personnel deployed for border surveillance. The estimated cost of these robots will be in the range of Rs 70-80 lakh for small orders. This price tag could go a lot lower if the army places large orders, the report said.
https://www.businesstoday.in/techno...ototype-to-come-in-december/story/342591.html

We don't even have a single genuine Electronics company (not talking about advanced electronics but even the basic ones producing diodes, transistors etc.) so our progress in the field of electronics is zero. For missile and weapons technologies, we probably get advanced electronics from our east asian ally.

Our Physics professor in Pakistan used to tell us that we did have at least some small "basic Electronics" (diode, transistors) manufacturing companies before Bhutto's nationalization of industries after which they all got closed and never restarted again.

I doubt if we at present have any "FAB" facility for manufacturing of both simple electronic components like diode, transistors etc. or advance electronics components like ICs, SMDs and various chips like micro-controllers, processors, memories (ROM, RAM) etc.

Last edited:
Toilet robots

stock-photo-toilet-on-wheels-looking-for-paper-82709302.jpg

We don't even have a single genuine Electronics company (not talking about advanced electronics but even the basic ones producing diodes, transistors etc.) so our progress in the field of electronics is zero. For missile and weapons technologies, we probably get advanced electronics from our east asian ally.

I doubt if we at present have any "FAB" facility for manufacturing of both simple electronic components like diode, transistors etc. or advance electronics components like ICs, SMDs and various chips like micro-controllers, processors, memories (ROM, RAM) etc.
One I came across in early 2000’s was, Margalla Electronics. There could be more now.

AI Robots have mobility issues on un even terrain, videos by Boston dynamics on your tube can give an idea.

you dont need vehicles but strategically setup monitoring posts/sensors
Fixed positions are the first ones to get targeted.
On the other hand, in terrain with inhospitable weather, where it’s difficult for humans to give constant sentry duties then sensors can be set up, although they might require visits fortnightly for maintenance by military techs and other related issues especially power issues.

Salaam

With regards to what would Pakistan's answer to such a development be - Pakistan just continues to do what it is doing. The system is working well enough - no need to worry about it for now.

Yes, Pakistan should invest in newer technologies and developing a stronger technological base as well as a strong economy, however, even if the Indians were employing a fully functional AI border patrol robot - it wouldn't necessarily effect Pakistan's ability to parrol its borders. So no worries there.
South Korea has deployed robots for sentry duties with ID system, you gotta google.

One I came across in early 2000’s was, Margalla Electronics. There could be more now.

Companies in Pakistan with names involving "electronics" are in all likelihood just assembler of components and circuits boards which they import from China, Singapore, Taiwan etc. where the FABs are located where those electronic components, SMDs, ICs, Micro-controllers, processors, memories chips are manufactured.

What I am talking about are Electronic components like didodes, transistors, ICs and Chips manufacturing Fabrication facilities called FAB in semiconductor industry which are not existent in Pakistan. Assembling of electronics components is NOT same as fabrication/manufacturing of those electronic components in high-tech clean room based foundries.

Intel for example has its own FAB facility which produces Intel processors, AMD on the other hand used to have a FAB foundary which it spun off with the name of Global foundaries and now AMD is practically FABless processor designing company which gets its processors designed by its engineers in silicon valley produced by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing corporation which is the biggest electronic chip manufacturing foundary in the world. NVIDIA which produces graphic cards is also FABless and has outsourced its manufacturing to China or Taiwan foundaries but their chips are designed by their engineers also in the silicon valley California.

This wikipedia article summarises the current location and capacity of various semiconductor electronics FABs all round the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_fabrication_plants

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom