What's new

Agartala & Memogate: Another conspiracy or Reality??

caylu

New Recruit

Reaction score
This post is totally in national interest. I am trying to keep my bias out of this and i want people to realise the importance of transpiracy and the justice through court.

I have been following the court's action on memogate very closely and Alhamdulillah i feel that court have been quite fair and totally unbias. Memogate is a very important case and although i have not been one who was alive at the time of agartala conspiracy case but i can tell that this memogate case is not any less important than that agartala conspiracy case which was one of the reason for the division of the United Pakistan.

I know many of you like me, might not have been born at the time of agartala conspiracy so this blog post is going to inform you about that important "conspiracy"

It was Ayub Khan era and the uprising for the seperate bangladesh was sort of started. In January 1968 Ayub Khan government agencies arrested 28 people in charge of conspiring to secede East Pakistan from Pakistan. The people arresed included military personnel, civil servants. The charges said that the persons engaged in conpiracy met Mr P.N. Ojha (first secretary of the Indian High Commission in Dhaka) and visited Agartala (a place in India) to discuss plans with two Indian officers. The case initiated against 35 persons including Sheikh Mujibur Rehman. The case accused that the defendants were plotting to deprive Pakistan of its soverignity over a part of its terroitory by an armed revolt with weapons and ammunition and funds provided by India. Many parties including PPP , PML, JI held protest and procession against the government on this case. Seeing the pressure from all quarters the government buckle down and withdrew the case.

The justice was avoided, court case was withdrew, transparency was muddled and BANGLADESH formed.

Almost 40 years later Sheikh Hasina Wajed Confessed that agartala was a reality and she was there in the meeting. And it was not a conpiracy as many would like to believe in current Pakistan.

I know our agencies have been muddled in politics, they have done thousands of wrong but when they are trying to do the right then we should not be the one to conpire against them.
As Allah says in Quran In Maeda (Ayat 8)
"Aye Imaan walo! tum Allah ki khaatir haq par qaem ho jao aur insaaf k sath gawahi dainay walay bann jao aur kisi qaum kee adawat tumhain khilaaf e adal par amaada na ker day, adal kiya karo jo parhaizgari kay ziada qareeb hai aur Allah Taala say dartay raho aur yakeen mano k Allah Taala tumharay aemaal say ba-khabar hai"
The english translation is better
"O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what you do."

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ كُونُواْ قَوَّٲمِينَ لِلَّهِ شُہَدَآءَ بِٱلۡقِسۡطِ*ۖ وَلَا يَجۡرِمَنَّڪُمۡ شَنَـَٔانُ قَوۡمٍ عَلَىٰٓ أَلَّا تَعۡدِلُواْ*ۚ ٱعۡدِلُواْ هُوَ أَقۡرَبُ لِلتَّقۡوَىٰ*ۖ وَٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ*ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ خَبِيرُۢ بِمَا تَعۡمَلُونَ (٨)

It such a beautiful ayat for current situation that i m totally amazed at it.. Our hatred for agencies should not make us NOT do Justice on this importance case.

Let just have a comparison between agartala and Memogate
1) A conspiracy has been detected in both cases
2) Conspiracy is related to the soverignity of Pakistan
3) Some political figures and civil servants are accused.
4) Lots of hue and cry has been created muddling the facts and figures and trying to derail the case
5) Bangladesh formed and still waiting for the final decision on this memogate case

I hope we realise the importance and significance of this case and let the court decide.

Lots of objections were raised by the Hussain Haqqani lawyer and interestingly i find the judges agreeing to them

The commission is composed of High court judges which means that the parties can appeal against the verdict in supreme court.

Trial has been made open so no body can distort the facts and arguments given by any party.

No judge in commission is taken from Punjab so as any party cannot say that the establishment is trying to force a decision.

Still if we are badmouthing against the commission than we are fighting against Pakistan. So are you fighting against Pakistan?

References:

1. Sheikh Haseena Wajid Confession

From caylu.wordpress.com

Back
Top Bottom