What's new

Agartala Conspiracy confession, what does it mean for our history

Absolutely and whole Pakistan economy flourishes on the sale money of Jute alone, produce at poor Bengal itself and if somehow Bengal came out from this union Pakistan as an entity evaporates in air instantly.

Sir, Its been 40 years now and people of West Pakistan preserve and nourishes the two nation theory like bible despite having an heterogeneous demographics in nature and its per capita is still handsomely above to east to the very least.......:lol:

1. With wars raging in Korea and Vietnam, jute and tea were hot forex earners. At Partition almost all jute mills were located in and around Calcutta. With the zeal/josh of independence Pakistan quickly set up rows of jute mills. Under GOC, Gen Umrao Khan Op Jute was launched to totally eradicate jute smuggling to India forcing India's jute mills to literally shut down. But then the visible beneficiaries were not Bengalees. Although Adamjees,Bawanis, Dawoods, etc were not indigenous W Pakistanis, the common misconception was that they were Punjabi.

2. Jinnah's vision had extended beyond the creation of Pakistan with the Two Nation Theory.One needs to read, again and again, his last address - delivered at the opening of SBP,Karachi. One needs to study the exchange of his correspondence with Saudi King Abdul Aziz. And his deliberations with the Egyptian ulema at Cairo. He was deeply influenced by Allama Iqbal. Shere Bangla and Suhrowardy were highly learned persons with exceptional intellect. Other like Maulana Zafar Ali Khan, etc in fact many Indian Muslim learned men and ulama were in constant touch with him leaving their influence on his incisive mind. We also must understand the deep impact of the stance by the Hindu leaders on him. Not only did he feel betrayed and disgusted, he began thinking of alternatives to protect the Muslim interest.

3. In the second phase, after consolidating Pakistan Jinnah would have moved to champion the emancipation of the ummah who were then under the British,French, the Dutch and communism. Pan-Islamism of Jamaluddin Afghani and Allama Iqbal had gained his attention. Among Pakistani leaders Gen Zia had understood this well, and was killed because he was moving towards that. A man of many defects otherwise, Iskanadar Mirza had also understood this. Don't forget it was he who had declared Pakistan an Islamic Republic.

@asad71 Bhai, when you have some free time, I would like to request you to give us info in brief about role of the following people in late 1960's Agartala case:

1. Shawkat Ali and others in RAW payroll (around 1500)
2. Sheikh Mujib
3. 34 others accused in the case
4. Ayub Khan
5. Yahya Khan
6. Bhashani

Reference:
BANGLAPEDIA: Agartala Conspiracy Case

And also please elaborate on:
1. the idea that then East Pakistan Bengali Muslims shook hands with India, an enemy state and thus can be described as traitors.
2. who can be blamed for the breakup of Pakistan, RAW agents who infiltrated and started killing Biharis, or Yahya Khan who led the team that planned and executed Operation Searchlight. How about a combination of both factors above or none of the above?

Can I request you to remind me after a few days? I may forget. Let me get free from the Eid festivities.

Last edited by a moderator:
@asad71 Bhai, when you have some free time, I would like to request you to give us info in brief about role of the following people in late 1960's Agartala case:

1. Shawkat Ali and others in RAW payroll (around 1500)
2. Sheikh Mujib
3. 34 others accused in the case
4. Ayub Khan
5. Yahya Khan
6. Bhashani

Reference:
BANGLAPEDIA: Agartala Conspiracy Case

And also please elaborate on:
1. the idea that then East Pakistan Bengali Muslims shook hands with India, an enemy state and thus can be described as traitors.
2. who can be blamed for the breakup of Pakistan, RAW agents who infiltrated and started killing Biharis, or Yahya Khan who led the team that planned and executed Operation Searchlight. How about a combination of both factors above or none of the above?

Could you kindly remind me after the Eid festivities are over? I may forget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you kindly remind me after the Eid festivities are over? I may forget.

Ok, I will remind you if you forget to get back to this thread to answer these questions. From your posts it looks like you are the most qualified to pass opinions on these issues which are closer to the actual history. As I found previously you knew right away, Shawkat Ali was lying and perhaps current group of AL leaders as well, to create a new version of history for their personal and party benefit and I wasted much time trying to uncover this fact.

Some unknown Pakistani guy writing on Daily Star knowing about information provided by ISI? Cool story by them as always :lol:

Yeah, I was talking about English medium. Particularly those examinations held under Cambridge University at British Council. They do have Bangladesh Studies as a course.
British Council, Bangladesh

how dare Daily Star publishes info from former ISI member? it should rather just continue its work for Indian intelligence :devil:

Ok, I will remind you if you forget to get back to this thread to answer these questions. From your posts it looks like you are the most qualified to pass opinions on these issues which are closer to the actual history. As I found previously you knew right away, Shawkat Ali was lying and perhaps current group of AL leaders as well, to create a new version of history for their personal and party benefit and I wasted much time trying to uncover this fact.

You are not alone. Many people are thinking that.

Razakars version of the events.. Ask any real Bangladeshi about what happened in 1971 rather than a Jamati/Razakar..

Yes a Bangladeshi is talking here not a brain dead awami cocksucker on RAW's payrol!

The above is an anlytical writing about some facts and events that affected the whole sub-continent's geopolitical situation especially the muslim community.

First of all, some disclaimer. I am a loyal citizen of Bangladesh (as well as the US), but I believe we need to find facts about our own history. So these are part of my efforts to uncover some uncomfortable facts and ask some hard questions. Please do not take these efforts to mean that I am pro or anti independence of Bangladesh, I am neither and I accept it as a fait accompli, a done deal that cannot be reversed. Like the majority of Bangladeshi's living today, I had no role in that conflict in 1971. As far as I know my parents did not play any role either.

Questions:

1. Sure there was economic deprivation, but were the West Pakistani's killing us since 1950's?
2. Who gave the right to Mujib to make this decision on behalf of East Pakistan to secede?
2. Who started the killing, were it not the planned saboteurs of Indian trained Awami agents who started the killings of Biharis months before Operation Searchlight?
3. Who gave the right to Mujib to seek help and become the partner of our 800 year old enemy entity, Hindu's of South Asia?
4. Is it not possible that instead of seeking help from an enemy that hates us Muslims to the core, that we could confront and raise this issue with our "oppressor" the West Pakistani's who were fellow Muslims after all?
5. If some of our "leaders" did not conspire with our enemy and committed treason (partner with an enemy state to plan for secession) and if we tried to solve these issues honestly, frankly and in a straight forward way, do we think we would still be treated the way we were treated (operation searchlight)?

If we could peacefully resolve the differences between the two wings of Pakistan and achieve autonomy or amicable separation, then:

1. hundreds of thousands of people (Hindu's, Bengali Muslims, non-Bengali Muslims) would not be killed and become victims of rape and other atrocities
2. we could still have a better relationship between the 2nd and 3rd largest Muslim countries of the world
3. India would not gloat of their victory against West Pakistan and gifting us our "independence"
4. both parts would not become weaker, as both could share the nuclear power
5. India would not dare to proceed with its water terrorism, border violence and Shanti Bahini insurgency against Bangladesh
6. last but not least North East today may have become partly independent if not completely

Now can we say that India found a "useful idiot" who had a bunch of other idiot followers to achieve India's goal to break Pakistan, the largest Muslim country in the world, and thus reduce strategic threats for Indian nation? In the process, hundreds of thousands of people got killed in the civil war and a great rift was created among two of the largest Muslim communities of the world.

Now can we say that Awami League should never be trusted again by people of Bangladesh and it should be banned and abolished, so the joint team of Awami League and Indian intelligence cannot hurt the national interest of Bangladesh any further?

I don't know if what Mr Mujib did is right or wrong but the way the things shaped up are not his entire fault. Was he a freedom fighter or a traitor is for you guys to decide. (I am taking out the BS about muslim brotherhood out of this equation because it will only make everything muddy.)

Mujib wanted to make east pakistan an autonomous province had the backing of Bengali people. That was the crux of this six point demands. He rallied his election on this platform and the Awami League's majority in the ensuing elections promised it control of the government, with Mujib as the country's prime minister. He would have gotten all his six point demands met constitutionally provided the military backed him up. But the inaugural assembly never met and he was denied his due process. If this would have happened then there would have been some solution to the vexing issue of autonomy which the west pakistan opposed vehemently. Also the issue of Urdu as the national language would have been put in back burner if Mujib had his way.

By not accepting results of the electoral mandate and derailing democratic process, West Pakistan wanted to show who were the boss. They controlled all the three wings of the military. On top of that their brutal military crackdown was a spit on the face of Bengali people. All the tactics to intimidate the Bengalis into submission can be characterized to show that they never accepted you as equal. If you characterize Mujib as a traitor because he was fighting for the cause Bengali nationhood then how would to characterize Mr. Jinnah...because he was fighting for the cause of muslim nationhood.

I am being brutally honest here and you can accept it for what its worth.

my2cents

I don't know if what Mr Mujib did is right or wrong but the way the things shaped up are not his entire fault. Was he a freedom fighter or a traitor is for you guys to decide. (I am taking out the BS about muslim brotherhood out of this equation because it will only make everything muddy.)

Mujib wanted to make east pakistan an autonomous province had the backing of Bengali people. That was the crux of this six point demands. He rallied his election on this platform and the Awami League's majority in the ensuing elections promised it control of the government, with Mujib as the country's prime minister. He would have gotten all his six point demands met constitutionally provided the military backed him up. But the inaugural assembly never met and he was denied his due process. If this would have happened then there would have been some solution to the vexing issue of autonomy which the west pakistan opposed vehemently. Also the issue of Urdu as the national language would have been put in back burner if Mujib had his way.

By not accepting results of the electoral mandate and derailing democratic process, West Pakistan wanted to show who were the boss. They controlled all the three wings of the military. On top of that their brutal military crackdown was a spit on the face of Bengali people. All the tactics to intimidate the Bengalis into submission can be characterized to show that they never accepted you as equal. If you characterize Mujib as a traitor because he was fighting for the cause Bengali nationhood then how would to characterize Mr. Jinnah...because he was fighting for the cause of muslim nationhood.

my2cents

He simply spoke out about what Bengalis wanted. A talented orator indeed. You are not wrong in what you said. Mujib was however misinformed. A man who clearly bit off more than he could ever hopped to chew. And no, I do not consider him as a traitor.

Again, what you stated isn't wrong, but it isn't the complete story behind Mujib. One cannot ignore the fact that Mujib's reign lasted for a very small amount of time, and ultimately slain by the very men who fought for him. Yes, Major Dalim and Mujib were close family friends.

Respect is not equal to admiration.

my2cents

The OP was an opening statement, mainly motivated by the admission of Retd. Colonel Shawkat Ali, the current Deputy Speaker, that Agartala case involved Sheikh Mujib. You should read through the entire thread to see what conclusion I reach before firing off your Indian mouth. And why does it matter to you anyways, one way or the other? Let Bangladeshi's deal with this issue, it is none of your business to tell us what we know more than anyone else.

The OP was an opening statement, mainly motivated by the admission of Retd. Colonel Shawkat Ali, the current Deputy Speaker, that Agartala case involved Sheikh Mujib. You should read through the entire thread to see what conclusion I reach before firing off your Indian mouth. And why does it matter to you anyways, one way or the other? Let Bangladeshi's deal with this issue, it is none of your business to tell us what we know more than anyone else.

I don't have to read the entire thread which is 25 pages long to something which is obvious.

So that's like saying: "I win the debate."

Damn....that's just Aristotlean...

Well its not Aristotlean, but it is typically Indian, everything is always obvious to them, without even going into details. That is the beauty of being a typical Indian.

Back
Top Bottom