What's new

Agartala Conspiracy confession, what does it mean for our history

You're an under-rated poster. At the end of the day right and wrong in this context is subjective, if Pakistan could have held Bangladesh with military force in their POV they would very much be right in terms of protecting the integrity of their nation as were the MB in waging war against an oppressive regime (although, strictly speaking they were secessionists and Pakistan did have the right to hunt them down with an acceptable margin of collateral, where they went wrong was the deliberate and not incidental targeting of non-combatants and political dissidents). At the end of the day the power still (after whatever upheaval occurs is done and over with) administering the region decides what's right and what isn't.

I understand where you are coming from.And I totally agree with you.But I was probably being more of an idealistic democrat who thinks people's will determines the the course of a nation rather than a handful of people who rule it(I know the reality is completely opposite) when I was talking about absolute right and wrong.I know you are right but I was trying to talk as a powerless guy talking to another powerless guy!

I understand where you are coming from.And I totally agree with you.But I was probably being more of an idealistic democrat who thinks people's will determines the the course of a nation rather than a handful of people who rule it(I know the reality is completely opposite) when I was talking about absolute right and wrong.I know you are right but I was trying to talk as a powerless guy talking to another powerless guy!

We are hardly powerless, after all we are important citizens of Naswaristan. :flame:

Obviously, in terms of absolute right all demands for freedom against any perceived oppression are right and indeed should be accommodated, unfortunately no nation can ever do that. Pakistan had two choices, fight its own people OR accommodate the demands of its majority (the populace of East Pakistan) and let the legitimate winner of the elections (Mujib) form the government. They chose wrong- in an effort to retain the base of power and decision making authority in the hands of West Pakistan they rendered the essential right (the right to elect one's leaders) of the populace of the Eastern half null and void. In fact even the "6 point" fiasco could have been avoided had they addressed these issues early on and maintained a modicum of good faith, after which the situation could still have been salvaged if they had actually done justice to their doctrine of defending Dhaka on the western borders- we had all but denuded the western borders in order to man the the NE against a prospective Chinese intervention (despite winter having set in) and had engaged a rather large number of troops to execute the blitz in EP. Had their forces in the west shown themselves to be any better than Niazi, who is much maligned, and taken advantage of the situation to annex sufficient Indian territory by defeating our holding corps they could have gotten us to pull back- since we were after all in violation of the IB itself and therefore they would have been justified in breaching the IB as well to use annexed territory as leverage. There were a LOT of missteps on their part, a lot of right steps on Bangladesh's part which went into making 71. Although at the end of the day India and Bangladesh did not find the best of neighbors in each other- lamentable but for now one must live with that.

Personally- they should have unleashed @Armstrong on the battlefield.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have seen him proposing giving money to the poor instead of sacrificing animals...I still don't see how they are comparable!

If you go to Iran or Malaysia, or any non-South Asian Muslim-majority country, they don't sacrifice animals every single year like what we do.

What he said was not wrong per say. Though how he said it was misinformed.

I got a question for you....since Bhutto and other WP leaders knew about Op.Searchlight before hand how come Mujib was not notified by his supporters in the West?And If Mujib was notified how come it came as a surprise for the people...why didn't he tell everyone to be ready?

Do you think Mujib was at every meeting? Do you think he had any support in the West? From the WP perspective, it was an intelligence failure of epic proportions. Perhaps the biggest one in history.

I recall reading about a Buddhist monk after Ramu riots and mass vandalism last year.

He said that he secretly sheltered Muslim Bengalis from the onslaught of WP soldiers. The WP soldiers treated Chakmas favorably due to the fact that the Chinese provided Pakistan with toys and diplomatic support during the 71' war. Since Chakmas look like Chinese people, the Chakmas are therefore a part of China according to their logic.

I was left flabbergasted and intrigued.......

Start a movement for re-integration so that I can use it as an excuse to bomb you to kingdom come.:yay:

Oh dada, please have mercy :fie:

If you go to Iran or Malaysia, or any non-South Asian Muslim-majority country, they don't sacrifice animals every single year like what we do.

Do you think Mujib was at every meeting? Do you think he had any support in the West? From the WP perspective, it was an intelligence failure of epic proportions. Perhaps the biggest one in history.

I recall reading about a Buddhist monk after Ramu riots and mass vandalism last year.

He said that he secretly sheltered Muslim Bengalis from the onslaught of WP soldiers. The WP soldiers treated Chakmas favorably due to the fact that the Chinese provided Pakistan with toys and diplomatic support during the 71' war. Since Chakmas look like Chinese people, the Chakmas are therefore a part of China according to their logic.

Bro, @Hyperion and me decided LONG back that you, BDf and Anubis (a recent consideration) shall be spared, left unharmed and elevated post tumult.:cheers:

You made sense all the way, and then you HAD to go on and say "but every Muslim country in this world"! :blink:

I hope in future, we can be unified again, not just Bangladesh but every Muslim country in this world, because that's where lies our strength.

We are hardly powerless, after all we are important citizens of Naswaristan. :flame:

Obviously, in terms of absolute right all demands for freedom against any perceived oppression are right and indeed should be accommodated, unfortunately no nation can ever do that. Pakistan had two choices, fight its own people OR accommodate the demands of its majority (the populace of East Pakistan) and let the legitimate winner of the elections (Mujib) form the government. They chose wrong- in an effort to retain the base of power and decision making authority in the hands of West Pakistan they rendered the essential right (the right to elect one's leaders) of the populace of the Eastern half null and void. In fact even the "6 point" fiasco could have been avoided had they addressed these issues early on and maintained a modicum of good faith, after which the situation could still have been salvaged if they had actually done justice to their doctrine of defending Dhaka on the western borders- we had all but denuded the western borders in order to man the the NE against a prospective Chinese intervention (despite winter having set in) and had engaged a rather large number of troops to execute the blitz in EP. Had their forces in the west shown themselves to be any better than Niazi, who is much maligned, and taken advantage of the situation to annex sufficient Indian territory by defeating our holding corps they could have gotten us to pull back- since we were after all in violation of the IB itself and therefore they would have been justified in breaching the IB as well to use annexed territory as leverage. There were a LOT of missteps on their part, a lot of right steps on Bangladesh's part which went into making 71. Although at the end of the day India and Bangladesh did not find the best of neighbors in each other- lamentable but for now one must live with that.

But Pakistan launched a preemptive strike on 3rd December on India.Since India and Pakistan were already at a state of war was the invasion of EP a violation of IB??

You made sense all the way, and then you HAD to go on and say "but every Muslim country in this world"! :blink:

You do realize that you cannot pick and choose, the edicts regarding the Ummah are rather straight forward and do not provide for any exigencies- something that @Armstrong did confirm albeit he still registered his unwillingness to support the idea of an Ummah in the current context and under the prevailing conditions (which is EXACTLY what he should not be doing, since there is no context enumerated in the Koran which provides an out- again something he confirmed- dunno how accurate he was/is).

There were some small parties National Awami party and others in the west that supported Mujib....also we had some Bengali soldiers in the West....I just can't understand how none of us knew what was going to happen on 25th March.

He is literally a ButtHead, what would he know? You need to consult with Aalim-e-Deen ve Falkiyat, Prof. Dr. Hyperion, regarding such matters. Allah SWT does provide a way-out from Ummah concept, and that is to accept the edicts of Ameer-ul-Momineen Hyperion, blindly, because he knows BETTER. :cheesy:

You do realize that you cannot pick and choose, the edicts regarding the Ummah are rather straight forward and do not provide for any exigencies- something that @Armstrong did confirm albeit he still registered his unwillingness to support the idea of an Ummah in the current context and under the prevailing conditions (which is EXACTLY what he should not be doing, since there is no context enumerated in the Koran which provides an out- again something he confirmed- dunno how accurate he was/is).

There were some small parties National Awami party and others in the west that supported Mujib....also we had some Bengali soldiers in the West....I just can't understand how none of us knew what was going to happen on 25th March.

Not all Bengalis were loyal to the the movement. Some remained loyal to Pakistan. Maybe that's why.

Oh, and here's the article about the old monk's tale:
'Please save my future generation'

But Pakistan launched a preemptive strike on 3rd December on India.Since India and Pakistan were already at a state of war was the invasion of EP a violation of IB??

Lets not be coy, we were neck deep in Muktis and spec ops operating in EP. They would have to be brain-dead not to attack us, the problem is (as @Hyperion will tell you) that grand strategy and realizing that warfare must be conducted after having considered the conditions that populate the macrocosm (as in aided by HEAVY diplomacy, AS IN convincing the world that it WAS NOT a preemptive attack but rather a result of India's activities in EP, AS IN convincing the world (by whatever means possible) that India indeed was breaching Pakistan's sovereignty (which btw required less proof and more of promoting one's narrative)) are lost on the top tier leadership of Pakistan (present and past). Had they mobilized world opinion and promoted their narrative, thereby painting us as a state harboring/aiding non-state actors/secessionists, then they would have met lesser resistance in ensuring that their actions would be tolerated and perhaps India's actions even condemned. <Gist of the story, you can kill a few baniyas, roll over their kings, hurt their jawaans BUT at the end of the day they will get you back in A BIG WAY.:chilli:>

He is literally a ButtHead, what would he know? You need to consult with Aalim-e-Deen ve Falkiyat, Prof. Dr. Hyperion, regarding such matters. Allah SWT does provide a way-out from Ummah concept, and that is to accept the edicts of Ameer-ul-Momineen Hyperion, blindly, because he knows BETTER. :cheesy:

This would qualify as blasphemy, yes? @Loki @Anubis.

Back
Top Bottom