What's new

After world snubs him, Nawaz Sharif faces flak in Pakistan over 'ordinary' UN speech

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is facing some embarrassing moments, ever since he addressed United Nations General Assembly, where he unsuccessfully tried to corner India over the Kashmir issue.

Not only the world community ignored Sharif's call to the UN to help resolve the Kashmirdispute, the Pakistan Premier is also getting slammed by the opposition lawmakers in his homeland.

Several Pakistani parliamentarians have expressed disappointment over Sharif's speech saying, the PM let down the country in the international forum.

While calling Sharif's speech 'ordinary', Leader of Opposition in Pakistan Parliament, Syed Khurshid Shah said, the country is getting isolated in the world stage and not enjoying good relations with any of its neighbours.

The PPP leader hit out at the Pakistan Premier for not taking Parliament into confidence before taking a stand in the UN. Shah took potshots at Sharif’s Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz saying, “It seems that the prime minister considers his adviser on foreign affairs a “Mr know all”.

A report published in DAWN, quoted the opposition leader saying, “It is regrettable that the two most important ministries — defence and foreign affairs — are being run on an ad-hoc basis.”

“It is the responsibility of the government to devise a strategy to deal with Indian interference in the country after thoroughly discussing the issue on the floor of the Parliament,” he said.

Sharif mounted massive efforts to internationalise the Kashmir issue, shooting off letters to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon as well and raising the issue in all of his bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the UNGA.

However, Sharif's repeated calls to the UN to help resolve the Kashmir dispute gained no traction as the UN Secretary General made no reference to Kashmir in his final speech to the UNGA as the UN chief.

India on Thursday claimed diplomatic victory over Pakistan at the United Nations amid deteriorating bilateral ties following the killing of 18 soldiers in a terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/asia/...pakistan-over-ordinary-un-speech_1932824.html

531860-nawazsharif-unspeech.jpg

HATS OFF TO THE PAKISTANI P.M, I LOVED HIS SPEECH.
HE COULD AT LEAST BRING UP THE ACTUAL SITUATION IN KASHMIR AND THE INHUMAN ATROCITIES/MASSACRE,GANG RAPE OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS CARRIED OUT BY THE NEARLY MILLION STRONG THE INDIAN OCCUPATION ARMED PERSONALS.

BY THE WAY TO ENLIGHTEN OUR INDIAN FRIENDS THESE KIND OF SPEECHES ARE NEVER DISCUSSED IN OPEN FORUMS BEFOREHAND,
PLEASE CLARIFY FROM YOUR SOUTH BLOC FIRST.

DONT BE AN OSTRICH AND HIDE YOUR HEAD UNDERGROUND
REMEMBER WHAT WE DID TO THE OCCUPATION FORCES DURING 1971, WITH ARMS AND EXPLOSIVES SUPPLIED BY YOUR COUNTRY.
THE KASHMIRIS ARE DOING MUCH LESS THAT WHAT WE DID.

Zee news as a source should be banned in PDF...this is butt hurt article produced for Indian audience thats all...Nawaz speech was bombastic...

WE BLEW UP NEARLY EVERY BRIDGE, ELECTRIC TRANSFORMERS, FUEL DEPOTS,ETE,ETC AND AMBUSHED AND KILLED THOUSAND OF OCCUPATION FORCES ALONG WITH THEIR ARMED AUXILIARY FORCES.
NOW WITH THE LOSS OF ONLY 18 SOLDIERS YOU ARE CRYING AND WHIMPERING? AND BLAMING OTHERS.. NEVER FORGET THE PAST.

Snubbed when the international nations say this:
http://www.dawn.com/news/1284926
And an organization of 50+ countries say this:
http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/25-Sep-16/oic-fms-back-kashmiris-right-to-self-determination
Meanwhile India can't get even the support of the Caribbean nations:
http://www.caribbeannewsnow.com/hea...e-support-of-OIC-states-in-CARICOM-31812.html
Pathetic.
And hear that, the Kashmiris cheer for us:https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/152544-Kashmiri-leaders-hail-PMs-UN-speech

Beat it.

IN FACT, WISE MEN LEARN FROM THEIR PAST WHILE FOOLS LEARN FROM THEIR OWN.

WE BLEW UP NEARLY EVERY BRIDGE, ELECTRIC TRANSFORMERS, FUEL DEPOTS,ETE,ETC AND AMBUSHED AND KILLED THOUSAND OF OCCUPATION FORCES ALONG WITH THEIR ARMED AUXILIARY FORCES.
NOW WITH THE LOSS OF ONLY 18 SOLDIERS YOU ARE CRYING AND WHIMPERING? AND BLAMING OTHERS.. NEVER FORGET THE PAST.

Brother pls disable your caps on.
Your writing look weird and using caps on will not make your statement more effective.
I think forum staff should prohibited caps unnecessary caps on writing.
Thanks

Zee news as a source should be banned in PDF...this is butt hurt article produced for Indian audience thats all...Nawaz speech was bombastic...

Chicha...Please care to explain HOW...??... no country gave a sh!t to your PM statement... COZ your country export terrorist and we export software.... NONE NEED TERRORIST.

After Modi had to lick his spit, Indians had to make NS look bad. NS delivered a very mature and balanced speech, hallmark of mature Pakistani diplomacy, unlike indian Randi Rona

Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is facing some embarrassing moments, ever since he addressed United Nations General Assembly, where he unsuccessfully tried to corner India over the Kashmir issue.

Not only the world community ignored Sharif's call to the UN to help resolve the Kashmirdispute, the Pakistan Premier is also getting slammed by the opposition lawmakers in his homeland.

Several Pakistani parliamentarians have expressed disappointment over Sharif's speech saying, the PM let down the country in the international forum.

While calling Sharif's speech 'ordinary', Leader of Opposition in Pakistan Parliament, Syed Khurshid Shah said, the country is getting isolated in the world stage and not enjoying good relations with any of its neighbours.

The PPP leader hit out at the Pakistan Premier for not taking Parliament into confidence before taking a stand in the UN. Shah took potshots at Sharif’s Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz saying, “It seems that the prime minister considers his adviser on foreign affairs a “Mr know all”.

A report published in DAWN, quoted the opposition leader saying, “It is regrettable that the two most important ministries — defence and foreign affairs — are being run on an ad-hoc basis.”

“It is the responsibility of the government to devise a strategy to deal with Indian interference in the country after thoroughly discussing the issue on the floor of the Parliament,” he said.

Sharif mounted massive efforts to internationalise the Kashmir issue, shooting off letters to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon as well and raising the issue in all of his bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the UNGA.

However, Sharif's repeated calls to the UN to help resolve the Kashmir dispute gained no traction as the UN Secretary General made no reference to Kashmir in his final speech to the UNGA as the UN chief.

India on Thursday claimed diplomatic victory over Pakistan at the United Nations amid deteriorating bilateral ties following the killing of 18 soldiers in a terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/asia/...pakistan-over-ordinary-un-speech_1932824.html

531860-nawazsharif-unspeech.jpg

BY THE WAY I AM NOT OF YOUR ELDER BROTHERS AGE,YOU CAN CALL ME UNCLE INSTEAD,
I HAVE AMPLY EXPLAINED TO THE MODS AS TO WHY I TYPE IN ALL CAPS..
I AM NOT LIABLE TO EXPLAIN TO EACH AND EVERY MEMBER MY PERSONAL REASONS FOR DOING SO.
ANYWAY, ONCE AGAIN LET ME REPEAT, THAT I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE, AND ON TOP ESPECIALLY THOSE MUCH MUCH YOUNGER THAN ME.
WE AT OUR AGE MAY DIFFER ON OUR VIEWS,BUT EVENTUALLY REACH A WIN WIN SITUATION FOR ALL INVOLVED PARTIES
WE NEVER GET EMOTIONAL AND ANGRY, UNLESS PERSONALLY ATTACKED..
THAT'S NOT MY PROFESSION, MINE IS THE ONE TO ENHANCE CONFIDENCE BUILDING MEASURES, CREATE,AN ATMOSPHERE OF PEACE AND REGIONAL HARMONY,ENHANCE REGIONAL COOPERATION AND REDUCTION OF POVERTY IN THE SOUTH ASIAN REGION.

:lol: ............ :tup:
Kid it doesn't matter and it's a very old picture

Tge speech is a part of general assembly documents and anyone can listen to it any time

I do not support ns politically but kashmir cause is above all this and PM did the best job

We can see the results as well
Pak Russian exercises
Iran want to join CEPC
BILL AGAINST PAK IS FAILING IN US
nation ready to take on India
Etc etc

BBC conducted whole 1 hour programme on kashmir and Indian army

Only Indian keyboard warriors in denial

Back
Top Bottom