What's new

After South China Sea ruling, Pentagon will avoid stoking tensions with Beijing

According to Article 298 of UN Charter no forcefull arbitration is valid unless both parties agree to it. That alone makes the entire issue null and void.

Considering the butt hurt of Americans after the ruling and response of china it certainly does look like Americans are behind it. Philipines didnt challenge china as a matter f fact both had agreed to bilateral talks to solve the issues. It is under the blessing US that philipines has gone ahead otherwise we havnt seen any SCS nation following suit.

If cant read between the lines the dont qute me again with your stupidity. I dont bear ignorant and stupid retards nicely.

Well china is free to ask for arbitration
:yahoo:

According to Article 298 of UN Charter no forcefull arbitration is valid unless both parties agree to it. That alone makes the entire issue null and void.

Considering the butt hurt of Americans after the ruling and response of china it certainly does look like Americans are behind it. Philipines didnt challenge china as a matter f fact both had agreed to bilateral talks to solve the issues. It is under the blessing US that philipines has gone ahead otherwise we havnt seen any SCS nation following suit.

If cant read between the lines the dont qute me again with your stupidity. I dont bear ignorant and stupid retards nicely.

Boy, you are hell bent on looking ignorant. This was not an arbitration, this was tribunal ruling on the breach of UNCLOAS laws. This judgement came from a body in hague and nothing to do with american courts. There in no reading in between lines, it is black and white. Either you broke the law or you did not. Bah- why do I bother with your kind.

Well china is free to ask for arbitration
:yahoo:
Boy, you are hell bent on looking ignorant. This was not an arbitration, this was tribunal ruling on the breach of UNCLOAS laws. This judgement came from a body in hague and nothing to do with american courts. There in no reading in between lines, it is black and white. Either you broke the law or you did not. Bah- why do I bother with your kind.

Read article 298 of UN charter otherwise dont waste my time.

It has, in fact. It encouraged the PH side. Paid for their expenses. Otherwise, the system would not be hijacked by the PH.
LOL , it does not matter who asked the plaintiff to go to court.
If the court rules against you, they do it because you are in breach. Your guilty verdict is because you are guilty of the breach- not because you think US paid the plaintiff!

You are now the source of UNCLOAS laws and UN laws... somehow no one pointed it out to the UN pointed, or to the UNCLOAS before they ruled against China. :lol: Stop the press we found an expert on PDF

LOL , it does not matter who asked the plaintiff to go to court.
If the court rules against you, they do it because you are in breach. Your guilty verdict is because you are guilty of the breach- not because you think US paid the plaintiff!

You are now the source of UNCLOAS laws and UN laws... somehow no one pointed it yo the UN pointed or to the UNCLOAS before they ruled against China. :lol: Stop the press we found an expert on PDF

UN also approved military actions in Ssyria and Libya so i forgot the times UN and Americans screwed international laws by their own hands.

The first sign of an ignorant fool is when presented with proof he will laugh and try to prove it false. I have already provided you proof for my point of view hence you can go screw yourself for all i care.

I am really amazed at American appetite for creating more conflicts and problems. It is almost like they are searching for conflict opportunities. The world is already an unstable place with many regions burning to the ground due to US meddling. The US is creating more and more foes each day. Not a very smart strategy to follow.

Oh really someone need reading it's you chincom invaders your historical claims are no legal standing under international law second you have violated Philippine sovereign by “Having found that certain areas are within the exclusive economic zone of the Philippines, the Tribunal found that China had violated the Philippines’ sovereign rights in its exclusive economic zone by (a) interfering with Philippine fishing and petroleum exploration, (b) constructing artificial islands and (c) failing to prevent Chinese fishermen from fishing in the zone"
Your screwed

UN also approved military actions in Ssyria and Libya so i forgot the times UN and Americans screwed international laws by their own hands.

The first sign of an ignorant fool is when presented with proof he will laugh and try to prove it false. I have already provided you proof for my point of view hence you can go screw yourself for all i care.

You think you just outfoxed everyone by pulling an article in a charter and making it as somelegal basis for disregarding the judgement. But in reality you have created a completely stupid argument. If your great find was of any consequence China would have used it, UNCLOAS has tons bright folks who would have said " stop we can't because article 298"... :lol:

Feds fumble for response to China on South China Sea

By PETE KASPEROWICZ (@PETEKDCNEWS) • 7/13/16 12:01 AM
730x420-4cd51f31410c86f55f928315947bd005.jpg

China's rejection of a ruling that stripped away its claim to the South China Sea left Obama administration officials struggling on Tuesday to explain what the U.S. should do about it, if anything.

The Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Hague issued a unanimous ruling against China's claim to resources in the South China Sea. The five-judge panel said China's historical claim was invalidated by a United Nations treaty.

China immediately denounced the ruling. "China will never accept any claim or action based on those awards," said Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Those comments weren't a surprise. China boycotted the proceedings, and stakeholders knew China wasn't ready to simply accept the tribunal's decision.

But on Tuesday, the Obama administration made it clear that for now, it's first step is to simply hope that China changes its mind. When pressed on the issue, White House spokesman Josh Earnest repeated that the U.S. has no claim to the South China Sea, and that it wants parties to the dispute comply with the ruling.

"[W]e certainly would encourage all parties to acknowledge the final and binding nature of this tribunal," Earnest said. "We certainly would urge all parties not to use this as an opportunity to engage in escalatory or provocative actions."

Over at the State Department, spokesman John Kirby said the U.S. doesn't want any party making "provocative" statements. And despite Xi's comments, which seemed provocative enough, Kirby said the U.S. continues to expect China to comply.

"That they have made these unhelpful comments doesn't mean that our expectations should change," he said. "It is a legally binding tribunal decision, and our expectation was before it was made and is now after it's made that all claimants are going to abide by it."

Kirby made it clear that for now, there is no Plan B.

For example, he said there were no immediate plans for the State Department to deploy the only real tool at its disposal: diplomacy. Secretary of State John Kerry and his Chinese counterpart, Foreign Minister Wang Yi, are in frequent contact, but Kirby said there were no specific plans in place for Kerry to make a diplomatic effort with China.

"[H]e did speak to Foreign Minister Wang Yi before, obviously a few days ago, before the decision," Kirby said of Kerry. "I don't have any future phone calls to announce today or to speak to, but he routinely speaks to his Chinese counterpart on a range of issues, and I suspect those conversations are going to continue."

If Kerry does try, it will likely be an uphill climb. Wang on Tuesday seemed dead-set against the tribunal's decision.

He called it a "political farce," and warned that it threatens stability in the region. The Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Vietnam all have competing claims to parts of the South China Sea.

"The arbitration and the out-of-bad-faith dramatization and political manipulation that ensued have put the South China Sea issue to a dangerous situation, with growing tension and confrontation," he said. "It is detrimental to peace and stability in the region, and it does not serve the common interests of China and the Philippines, countries in the region or the wider international community."

While there are no immediate plans for diplomacy, Kirby also refused to comment on whether rising tensions in the region might prompt the U.S. to realign its forces in the region to put pressure on China.

Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, said China's reaction means the U.S. should review its force posture in the region, but Kirby declined to talk about that option.

"I'm certainly not going to speak to hypothetical military movements one way or the other," he said.

With the U.S. still searching for a more substantive response, China in the meantime indicated that it might offer a possible path to a new negotiation. However, it's not clear whether the Philippines and other parties are willing to essentially abandon their victory in the Hague and start over.

"China has noted the latest statements by the new government of the Philippines, including its readiness to re-open consultation and dialogue with China on the South China Sea issue," Wang said Tuesday. "China hopes that the goodwill of the new Philippine government for improving relations with China will be accompanied with real actions..."

Then the US should implement it, the world is waiting to see how the US does it. This is not Iraq, I think those Yankees know it all too well. If the US tries, it will be the last game they will be playing. I think China and countries affected by this big bad wolf should actively assist secessionist movement in the US. This is the only way to ensure that the big bad wolf does not return again.

Thats why China and other four P-5 UNSC members do not want India, Japan & Germany to share their Veto power.

Veto & nukes = last resort.

Back
Top Bottom