What's new

After rushing to Qatar's aid, Turkey may have to rethink its Mideast ties

Divide and Conquer!
Muslims countries planning to start a war among there brethren this truly is a sign of qiyamat. Truly Sad Indeed.

All this Turkish Qatar situation is directly link with Kurd issue in the region. Seems Kurd issue cross all lines that's the reason Turkey almost went to head on collision with US and GCC. Waiting for Kurdish election. Turkey has lost the patience . Also Turkey is now leading Iraq,Iran and Syria to deal the Kurdish independent move.
@xenon54 ur take ...

That is what I was wondering. How would Turkish F-16s be able to take on Saudi Euro fighters? It would be interesting if Pakistan's pilots would be flying Saudi Euro fighters.

Turkeys wields one of the best versions of F-16 in the world with the pilot skills and experience to back them up while Saudi's euro fighter are out of the box with mediocre sortie rates, their pilots do not have enough skills and experience necessary to use that machine to it's fullest potential.

So in short, a good pilot in a bad plane will beat a bad pilot in a good plane even though the F-16 is not that bad.

Last edited:
It seems situation will get worst in coming days, because KSA want present ruler to quit his post.
v_y0bFohbv4hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
That is what I was wondering. How would Turkish F-16s be able to take on Saudi Euro fighters? It would be interesting if Pakistan's pilots would be flying Saudi Euro fighters.

Pakistan will not be part of any invasion if happens and Turks will have big plus point due to this because Pakistan will not help or take part in invasion of any brother Muslim country this Saudi block will have very hard time to deal Turkish air force. as the top line fighters of Saudi and uae are operated by Pakistani pilots and when they will not take part in invasion it will avoid any aggressive approach from Saudi block

Turkeys wields one of the best versions of F-16 in the world with the pilot skills and experience to back them up while Saudi's euro fighter are out of the box with mediocre sortie rates, their pilots do not have enough skills and experience necessary to use that machine to it's fullest potential.

So in short, a good pilot in a bad plane will beat a bad pilot in a good plane even though the F-16 is not that bad.
the main thing is top line like strike eagle and euro fighters of Saudi and UAE are operated by Pakistani pilots and they are know for their qualities but as Pakistan clearly said it will not take part in any invasion of Muslim country on another Muslim country so the Saudi block will not have those pilots and this will hold Saudi block back from thinking of invasion unless these Saudi block try to do suicide and send their non professional pilots up against deadly Turkish Air force and their Fighting Falcons

GCC minus Qatar got idea of Turkey's standings and future plans, now maybe they forgive Qatar for next few years and try to punish Turks by canceling all possible military and economic deals.. Not a smart move.

Last edited:
I think no one should get their hands in this mess , its GCC problem let them handle among themselve
They will soon be brothers again & the third party will loose . IMO SA will not invade Qatar .
What happened in Pakistani ( PM & COAS ) visit to SA ???

In all honesty, Royal Saudi Air Force is miles ahead of The Turkish Air Force in capability. Turkey produces quality pilots but I am not sure if this factor would be sufficient to offset the advantages of Saudi F-15 fleet in combat operations; maybe not.

Conversely, situation is opposite on the ground; Turkey fields a much larger army than Saudi Arabia. Even though Saudi have good equipment, Turkish armed forces might overwhelm them in conventional engagements on the ground.

Another factor is Saudi territory; Saudi Arabia is a huge country to occupy and Turkish armed forces risk the prospects of spreading thin if they want to consolidate their gains on the ground. However, Royal Saudi Air Force can capitalize on this situation and hit them hard. Therefore, an occupation may not be feasible for Turkish armed forces.

Holistically, Turkey seems to be better prepared for war but Saudi are not to be underestimated because they are spending a lot on defense-related matters in current times.

Well yes to a degree, Turkey is not too far ( just a few hours flight to Qatar ) and they can fly in via Iran to be safe from Saudi and UAE air defences. So i don't think logistics is an issue. What the Saudis need to fear is if the Turks decide to take the fight to the Saudis and invade the country. I will give Turks max 2 days to completely take over the country.
Lol Even the U.S/Western powers can't take Saudi Arabia in 2 days much less Turkey. A couple of weeks is more feasible for the U.S.

However, this thread is bullshit. There will be no war between KSA and Turkey. Who seriously thinks Turkey will fight a big country like KSA for Qatar who is miles away from them, I think people on PDF here overreact to any news event and are quick to talk about war without even considering the geo pilitical and strategic realities on the ground. Turkey didn't go to war with Syria(which borders Turkey) Eventhough Erdogan wanted Assad gone by all means. What makes people think Turkey will do so for Qatar who is miles away from them and no country in the gulf poses a threat whatsoever for Turkey, so even less reason to go to an unccessary large scale war where we don't know when or how it might end up.

Plus I don't think Turkey has the logistical capabilities to invade KSA it even defend Qatar from a Saudi onslaught. Only the U.S

count that out.. i dont think Pakistan will in anyway participate if anything that bad happens in the region.. Pak has very strong relations with both the Countries.. and they wud want to settle the issue instead of taking sides

There wont be any war. Just a lot of maneuvering and behind the scene talks. My guess is the status quo will prevail at the end.

Back
Top Bottom