What's new

(After 2 Days Drama) No Relief will be Given in Electricity Bills: Caretakers Govt

If the govt. cannot give any relief, people will not pay any bills, inflated and burdened with taxes.

And if the govt. and neutrals doesn't care about the people right to choose their representatives, the people have the right to reject their demands.

• Elected govt can review accords with IPPs, caretakers unable to withdraw free power quotas: finance minister
• SBP deputy chief says market-based exchange rate followed, refuses to intervene
• Senators express concerns over inflation, high policy rate, inflated bills; demand remedies

ISLAMABAD: In a reality check following almost week-long consultations, caretaker Finance Minister Dr Shamshad Akhtar on Wednesday told senators and the electricity consumers to “manage (their) expectations” raised by caretaker Prime Minister Anwaarul Haq Kakar for relief in excessive power bills, saying the country’s fiscal space did not permit any subsidy or relief.

“Please manage your expectations,” she said apparently after engagements with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) over the government’s desire for some programme relaxations to provide relief in power bills. “These are things that were approved long before we came and in order to examine things we need to really reflect on…these are there for decades. How can we change decades-old policies,” she said.

Appearing before the Senate Standing Committee on Finance and Revenue, Dr Akhtar said there had been staff-level discussions with the IMF and she assured the fund that it was the responsibility of the caretakers to fulfil the requirements of the agreements signed by the previous government.

the harder the people struggle with daily necessities the less energy they have to fight back

These PTI folks just complain but have no solutions.

All IMF loans come with terms to reduce government expenditure i.e no more subsidies and increase government revenue through taxes.

This policy is same for any country taking an IMF loan and not specific to Pakistan or a government in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Sri Lanka have no duffers. People were safe even when they were targeting politicians homes.

Here, Duffers killed more than 50 people in May 9 drama (by them).

People who have not a single pistol, how will they fight with duffers who have machine guns, choppers. They have best experence in East Pakistan, how to kill our own citizns.
I was under the impression that a lot of Pakistanis have weapons, esp. From KPK. am I wrong?

کتوں کا کٹھ پتلی وجیر اعظم ملاحظہ فرمائیں جو وجیراعظم کم اور ائی ایس پی ار زیادہ لگتا ہے
🤣🤣

F17406F7-054A-42D1-BA01-C6DC3A70EF38.jpeg

FC08C560-AB94-40ED-AFAD-0A98C6A100C2.jpeg

These insensitive remarks ignoring the people sentiments would lead to more hatred and more violence, people are put against the wall and seething with anger.

If they have some common sense, the PM could have do a press conference on TV and talked about the problem facing the country and then he should have announce the increase in Tariff taking people in confidence, and the govt. plans to save electricity with ending the govt. ministers and employees free electricity quota.

Why this was not done.

They are going the Neutral way, lacks any common sense.

These PTI folks just complain but have no solutions.

All IMF loans come with terms to reduce government expenditure i.e no more subsidies and increase government revenue through taxes.

This policy is not same for any country taking an IMF loan and not specific to Pakistan or a government in Pakistan.

This overbilling issue has nothing to do with IMF but our own nalayeqi.

It's like you consume sugary drinks, cocaine, heroin, cigarettes all your life. And then you get withdrawal symptoms once you get admitted in the hospital. And you get sick. But yet you blame the doctor for getting you sick.

I was wondering when India or yahoodies would figure in the conversation.

This was later than I expected TBH.

People protesting? Sazish
People complaining? Sazish
PTI protesting? Sazish
Judges' decisions criticized? Sazish
His Highness Asim munir criticized? Sazish

What echo chambers are these fools living in?

These insensitive remarks ignoring the people sentiments would lead to more hatred and more violence, people are put against the wall and seething with anger.

If they have some common sense, the PM could have do a press conference on TV and talked about the problem facing the country and then he should have announce the increase in Tariff taking people in confidence, and the govt. plans to save electricity with ending the govt. ministers and employees free electricity quota.

Why this was not done.

They are going the Neutral way, lacks any common sense.

They do not care public.
They just stealing country with both hands.

Last edited:
Situation is geting bad in AJK...the people felt isolated as was not in the mainstream, the PTI popular govt. was removed through political engineering.

Looks as though the Neutral wants all this turmoil and chaos?
Maybe they have a deal with US for surrendering Nukes and getting a huge bailout?? you never know.

There needs to be forensic audit.

I believe industrial consumers are using electricity at highly discounted rates.

Duffers killed 50 Pakistanis, but yet it’s their 9/11.
Yeah, kinda like if 9/11 hijackers became victims of their own attack...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom