What's new

Afridis mentioned in 500 BC by Sanskrit grammarian Panini

Well a major flaw in the document is

Mohammad name only gained prominence , after Prophet Mohammad came 570-600 AD on ward.

Normally the last name signifies the tribal name

For Pakhtoon its mostly Khan , majority but other names also exist

However the name Khan was became more popular after the Mongol King Gangis Khan's conquering of lands

Gangis operated between 1200-1270 Years where the name Khan was accepted in various forms by various people ......(Khan - Kahn- Kan all variations of that name)

The earth / Land as we know it in 40,000 history have continuously been occupied by various indigenous gruops
which have been over populated by other group , thru out history

Humans are designed to intermingle and merge

The only group that we can say perhaps suffered least intermingling were perhaps the tribes that became residents of Islands regions of planet in Deep Oceans , who perhaps first reached there when major portions of planet were covered in ice and then when earth cooled down , were stranded in those island and they developed a culture and lifestyle unique to the islands

Example:
Perhaps Australian Natives
Alaskan Natives
Natives of USA
Some remote peopel / tribes in Africa that have never heard of any technology

There are various folks in Pakistan that are grouped based on last name , and afridi is just one of names - People have travelled openly between Pakistan - Afghanistan and central Asia on normal baisis or even travel between Persia and Pakistan areas

Also from DNA stand point most people show , mixture of DNA patterns which also point to intermingling apart from some very few tribes and secluded areas on earth

Last edited:
Wow so many dumb and totally unrelated comments by some people. And what's wrong with having hindu or buddhist ancestors? Abu Bakr, Ali, etc etc were all converts from a jaahilia religion.. South Asians really need to read and embrace history instead of romanticizing it and talking !@#$ all the time.

Back to the topic, I believe Yousafzai are also mentioned by Alexander's men, and were called "Aspasioi". The name "Aspa" is thought to have meant "horse riders" as sanskrit for horses is aspa, pronounced "asap" if I'm not mistaken. Alexander had a fight with those Aspasioi as well. And yes it's well possible that these people might be pashtunized.

Horse is "Ashwa" in Sanskrit, and "Ahwa" in the Avestan language.

To my knowledge have not heard of any group that has been there since start of time , every one evolved from migration and movnig around , in search of resources and place to live with water and food

Wow so many dumb and totally unrelated comments by some people. And what's wrong with having hindu or buddhist ancestors? Abu Bakr, Ali, etc etc were all converts from a jaahilia religion.. South Asians really need to read and embrace history instead of romanticizing it and talking !@#$ all the time.

Back to the topic, I believe Yousafzai are also mentioned by Alexander's men, and were called "Aspasioi". The name "Aspa" is thought to have meant "horse riders" as sanskrit for horses is aspa, pronounced "asap" if I'm not mistaken. Alexander had a fight with those Aspasioi as well. And yes it's well possible that these people might be pashtunized.
Not aspa but "ashwa"

roman people did not forget or disrespect their culture after becoming Christian but some .....u understand

One more rule for becoming a good muslim, whitewash your pre-conversion history! Your guys are hilarious.

Because they are writing their histroy now....The situation around Muslim world fighting with each other ...is a perfect showcase of what kind of history:what: he is looking for..

LOL, when did I say you were Hindus? Or do you have some pre set knee jerk reactions in your mindset? If so you need to fine-tune those to correcly identify the trigger, right now it seems its too general.

Fantasy sucks? I'm glad you are interested in beliefs steeped in reality like flying angels, steeds, an afterlife of permanent fun or permanet torture etc. It does not get any more real than that!

And what Budhas of Bamiyan, you naughty naught person!

Very proud of our Buddhist heritage, you see to us religion is religion but to you guys religion is a race.

I am a Muslim so is a Somalian, does that make him same as me?.

Hinduism was exported to India, so does that make the exporters Indian?.

No offence but How the %$£% does an Indian sitting in the southern most edges of South India have anything in common with me or Taxila? Stop trying to steal other people's history. As I said, apart from a few percentage of Indians, you cannot claim anything to your west.

Don't be disheartened though, I'm sure India has had equally great cultures and civilizations.

There is more to it than you think there is. There are people out there studying these things. You would be surprised to know the results.

Sanskrit historically is not related to Hinduism

Then why don't you translate Quran in Sanskrit and use it in Pakistan as it is Indus valley language rather than using borrowed arabic? We can help if you want?

roman people did not forget or disrespect their culture after becoming Christian but some .....u understand

It's called Stockholm Syndrome, which many of our western neighbors suffer from, among other things.

We have indirect proof that Peshawar was well-known to the Greeks (who, as Ionian Greeks, were subjects of the Achaemenid Empire and travelled freely through that Empire) earlier than Alexander's campaigns. That, however, cannot be proved to be more than, say, half a century earlier than Alexander, 326 BC.

Sanskrit is considered to be the mother of all languages.

Sanskrit historically is not related to Hinduism as is Rig veda not originally related to Hinduism but rather Indus valley religion,a monotheist religion

I couldn't understand your post. Could you explain?

Back
Top Bottom