What's new

Afghanistan: India packing its bags?

Ali.009

Reaction score

With reference to the peace deal being worked out between the Kabul puppet government and the anti-occupation forces in Afghanistan, India has very few options.

1) It can try to cling to Afghanistan with its finger nails and try its level best to torpedo the deal.

2) India has enjoyed a few years of bases in Afghanistan form which it could launch attacks on Pakistan under the guise of Taliban or Islamic militant. Like a Vampire it will be hard to let go. There will several attempts to sabotage this deal and others like it.

3) In the end the Indians know that they will have to pack up their bags and leave the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan as the Taliban emerge victorious over the occupation forces.

Is that time now?

Either the foreign office can pack the bags of the consular officers and the 10,000 troops, or the Tlaiban will pack them for the Indian. In either case the bags will be packed–and the Indians will be left holding the bags.

The story of Afghanistan and colonialism begins a long time ago.

NATO needs 400,000 soldiers in Afghanistan. According to British and American General, even that would not be enough to defeat the Taliban. No country or group of countries have that amount of manpower to spare. The financial crisis in America and Europe makes it virtually impossible for the UK to send in an additional 30,000 troops to Afghanistan. The Europeans and NATO is unable and unwilling to continue the war in Afghanistan.

There is not military solution to the Afghan quagmire. We have been advocating a more comprehensive solution for a decade. Replacing Mr. Karzai with Zalmay Khalilzad is like moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. The whole game is over. The US and European media too busy with the US elections has still not caught up with the reality of the fiasco in Kabul. The end is near.

Rupee News for several years has proposed that the Pakhtun areas of Afghanistan should be handed over to the Pakistani military and NATO and ISAF should leave Pakistan. Now this is affirmed by some American Thinktanks.

…a more compliant president Zardari will work with the new Afghan president Zalmay Khalilzad (expected to win the next elections in Afghanistan). Zalmay Khalilzad and Asif Zardari have been involved in a long term tet-a-tet even before the murder of Ms. Benzair Bhutto.

Hmmmm so we get rid of India.

Again a pissed off Taliban comes to power.

Taliban is still the lesser of the two evils, but an evil nonetheless. Start thinking about the next crisis in the making.

Either the foreign office can pack the bags of the consular officers and the 10,000 troops, or the Tlaiban will pack them for the Indian. In either case the bags will be packed–and the Indians will be left holding the bags.

NATO needs 400,000 soldiers in Afghanistan.

Where do u get all this from??

The Taliban scum should never be allowed return to power if civilization is to survive in Afghanistan.

That would mean the return to the same bad old days of terror and the whole WOT would have been a futile exercise.

These cowards can only blow up girl schools or kill unarmed civilians. They don't have it in them to fight a war or run a state.

Taliban or for that any government have to depend on Pakistan or Iran to rule Afghanistan is a landlocked country.

Two to three additional US brigades are on the way to take care of Taliban.

You can bet they will not even have the guts to send the odd suicide bomber to bomb the civilians in the marketplace or blow up the music shops that they do right now.

They will run as fast as they can on their donkeys.

It should be Taliban packing its bags or did it already packed and run away from Afghanistan.

The Taliban needs to be routed. From Afghanistan and from Pakistan.

I am sure they will be. Shortly.

Where do u get all this from??

These forums are not for individuals who come here in pursuit of worldly news without washing their faces. Only those can survive here who regularly keep an eye on world happenings. I wonder if you just woke up from your sleep of 1000 years? No one will feed everything inside you unless you bother reading whats happening outside your gloomy room.

Such posts just piss me off. Kindly do something with these spammers wanting to increase post count.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Nato 'needs more' in Afghanistan

He suggested that if counter-insurgency guidelines were strictly followed, 400,000 troops would be needed in Afghanistan.

These forums are not for individuals who come here in pursuit of worldly news without washing their faces. Only those can survive here who regularly keep an eye on world happenings. I wonder if you just woke up from your sleep of 1000 years? No one will feed everything inside you unless you bother reading whats happening outside your gloomy room.

Such posts just piss me off. Kindly do something with these spammers wanting to increase post count.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Nato 'needs more' in Afghanistan

ok now get info from the same source about india having 10000 troops in afghanistan. Then i will believe it.

The Taliban scum should never be allowed return to power if civilization is to survive in Afghanistan.

That would mean the return to the same bad old days of terror and the whole WOT would have been a futile exercise.

These cowards can only blow up girl schools or kill unarmed civilians. They don't have it in them to fight a war or run a state.
And nor should any other 'scum' be allowed to take over Afghanistan...

Pakistan isn't being left with rosy choices. Either we root for Talibunnies and let Afghanis fight with each other, or we assist in routing Talibunnies so the survivors come back and blow us up.

And its not like they won't do it. I think the 2001 to 2008(9) test is sufficient to prove that given the chance, the current powerhold in Afghanistan is open to massacre in Pakistan through rampant suicide bombings. Their international friends aren't nice people too.

So make us a better deal. Don't ask us to bend over.

And nor should any other 'scum' be allowed to take over Afghanistan...

Pakistan isn't being left with rosy choices. Either we root for Talibunnies and let Afghanis fight with each other, or we assist in routing Talibunnies so the survivors come back and blow us up.

And its not like they won't do it. I think the 2001 to 2008(9) test is sufficient to prove that given the chance, the current powerhold in Afghanistan is open to massacre in Pakistan through rampant suicide bombings. Their international friends aren't nice people too.

So make us a better deal. Don't ask us to bend over.

Well, you remind me of a Sholay dialog with your love of the Taliban.

Bahut yaraana lagata hai.

Again its not for you to decide for Afghanistan who should rule them. That would be again over-reaching that has already brought enough ruin for you guys.

Its for Afghans to do that.

What you can justifiably claim is that they should not be hostile to you. And the international community should give due weight to your concern.

Mark the work due and not undue.

India and other regional players have a legitimate stake in Afghanistan and that doesn't vanish just because you would like it to.

India is in for a ride !! i seriously think wrong move for India many dead soilders thats all for no reaosn let the US handle it.

Well, you remind me of a Sholay dialog with your love of the Taliban.

Bahut yaraana lagata hai.
Seriously, you (mis)took that with love for Taliban?

Whatever you may think, I don't care.

Again its not for you to decide for Afghanistan who should rule them.
Why not? If I ever have the option from A. Guys that will rule over Afghanistan and kill me and B. Guys that will rule over Afghanistan and not kill me. I'll chose B!

Its for Afghans to do that.
As long as they don't assist in killing us.

What you can justifiably claim is that they should not be hostile to you. And the international community should give due weight to your concern.
Internato commu what? Exactly.

India and other regional players have a legitimate stake in Afghanistan and that doesn't vanish just because you would like it to.
If India wants Afghanistan to prosper it would butt out of Afghanistan. Because otherwise Afghanistan and India are just out to destroy Pak and we wont stop butting in either.

Two to three additional US brigades are on the way to take care of Taliban.

You can bet they will not even have the guts to send the odd suicide bomber to bomb the civilians in the marketplace or blow up the music shops that they do right now.

They will run as fast as they can on their donkeys.

Thanks for your information but we already know it. How many combat brigades americans had in Iraq ??? Did al qaeeda run ??? More soldiers in counter insurgency means more targets and military planners have to play this balancing act very carefully because insurgents then don't have to go far to search targets. You think it's the surge which has brought violence down ?? I heard none other than Petreaus talking about "Sons of Iraq", sunni groups armed and funded by US to fight alqaeeda, being responsible for that. It is the local support which wins counter insurgency and not combat brigades. How many troops you have in kashmir ??? Has that helped ?? :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom