What's new

Afghanistan begins to export products directly to India for the first time

Afghanistan is still #1 exporter of Pakistan.
If Pakistan closes border with Afg, Afghanistan economy will collapse, even if it has other to trade with.

how much of Pakistani exports go Afg??

If Pakistan closes border with Afg, Afghanistan economy will collapse, even if it has other to trade with.

:lol:.. take care of your own economy (which is pretty much in the dump) first before threatening someone else's

:lol:.. take care of your own economy (which is pretty much in the dump) first before threatening someone else's

Like your economy is doing wonders :lol:
Dont quote me again

how much of Pakistani exports go Afg??

Let me give you a idea
Kandahar, Afghanistans biggest city in economic size, uses the PKR.

Like your economy is doing wonders :lol:
Dont quote me again

Let me give you a idea
Kandahar, Afghanistans biggest city in economic size, uses the PKR.

The bold part has more to do with lack of options, just like Pakistan used to use INR. Otherwise, even Pakistan won't like to use PKR.

Excellent news! :pop:

Here's some info for those interested:

India is developing the port and will spend over $100 million in development of the port's infrastructure. It is the only Iranian port with direct access to the ocean. The growing commercial sector located at the free trade area has high potentiality to turn it into a hub that would connect business growth centers in south Asia (India) and Middle East (Dubai) to central Asian and Afghanistan markets.

chabahar-vs-gwadar-map1.jpg

Afghanistan being a land-locked country, most of its international trade is being done through Pakistani sea-ports. Therefore, India wished to connect to Afghanistan via an alternative route (through Iran). So, a trilateral agreement was signed among India, Iran and Afghanistan.

Under this agreement:

> Iran is to build a highway from Chabahar (a Port City of Iran) up to Afghanistan border.
> India is to build a road connecting Delaram (border city of Afghanistan) to Zaranj (Capital of Nimruz province of Afghanistan).

Map%252520Delaram.png

Further, the establishment of the port and its connection to the country’s railway plan, is under study and consideration. With the completion of the Kerman–Zahedan railway and its connection to the port of Chabahar, this port will connect to the Trans-Iranian Railway. India is finalizing a plan to construct the 900-km railway line that will connect Chabahar port in Iran, being built with Indian help, to the mineral-rich Hajigak region of Afghanistan.

01_11_pg1a.jpg

Good going India! :tup:

Cheers!

2nd fastest growing among trillion dollar economies.. and not needing any IMF bailouts ;)

There is a serious hunger problem in india, which I have seen with my own eyes, the average indian is malnourished and it is not getting better whenever I go back to india.

The bold part has more to do with lack of options, just like Pakistan used to use INR. Otherwise, even Pakistan won't like to use PKR.

Pakistan used INR?

And PKR is doing good than INR which btw is very very lose to junk rating...

There is a serious hunger problem in india, which I have seen with my own eyes, the average indian is malnourished and it is not getting better whenever I go back to india.
Serious hunger problem in india? But how about Pakistan? Get your own house in order first before pontificating to others.

Gimme a break! Trade between Afghanistan and Pakistan is hardly worth a mention - a paltry $2 billion!! That's slightly more than the cost of Mukesh Ambani's house in Mumbai!! :P :lol:

2nd fastest growing among trillion dollar economies.. and not needing any IMF bailouts ;)

It looks good on paper...
But When 70% of your cuntry lives below 2 dollars a day...
I would expect you not to brag about economy size...

Kya boltay hai Gujarati mai?
Pothanee ghar ma tikhano nathi, avigayo mithai baatwane...

thread will be created within 10 years

STRING OF PEARLS VS ROPE OF DIAMONDS

:smitten: Afgan-Iran-Israel-Vietnam-Japan

(PS BD mite get tied to this rope once teesta/bsf issues are resolved)

:chilli:

It looks good on paper...
But When 70% of your cuntry lives below 2 dollars a day...
I would expect you not to brag about economy size...

Kya boltay hai Gujarati mai?
Pothanee ghar ma tikhano nathi, avigayo mithai baatwane...

Dude, yours doesnt even look good on paper :D.. So your priority should be fixing that instead of finding faults with your neighbors' ..

Back
Top Bottom