What's new

Afghan rulers: A Timeline of Afghanistan's Treachery Against Pakistan

Yeah I do agree with what you say about Abdali, the Ghaznavids and Ghurids. I think one thing that's important to note however is that this shouldn't result in Afghans shaming Pakistanis who like these guys. KPK was historically called Afghania, guys from there rightly feel just as much pride over these conquerors. Also, as mentioned earlier, the Ghaznavids and Ghurids had many non-Pakhtun locals (e.g Punjabis) fighting in their army and working in their administration. Pakistan (particularly Lahore) also flourished under Ghaznavid and Ghurid rule. Not to mention they were all Islamic heroes, so naturally Pakistanis like them.

Are you Afghan by any chance?
That's exactly my point. Peoples nature don't change just because our perspective on them changes. Samewise you'll see a lot of Muslims degrade Saudis to the ground, but forget to remember how they became Muslims in first place and who our prophets were?

Afghanistan isn't limited to Pashtuns. In fact Pashtuns started to flourish under Ghaznawid and Ghorid too. Khiljis were a very trusted army of Mahmoud of Ghazni and therefore Afghan history isn't limited to just Pashtun history. If anything Turkic and Persian history has been older and more dominant throughout Afghanistan, Turks and Persians of Afghanistan used to be an important part of their historic dynasties.

Nope I'm not but been there and got relatives married to them. My paternal and maternal great grand parents were from KPK but unfortunately we don't speak Pashto anymore. What about you?

That's exactly my point. Peoples nature don't change just because our perspective on them changes. Samewise you'll see a lot of Muslims degrade Saudis to the ground, but forget to remember how they became Muslims in first place and who our prophets were?

Afghanistan isn't limited to Pashtuns. In fact Pashtuns started to flourish under Ghaznawid and Ghorid too. Khiljis were a very trusted army of Mahmoud of Ghazni and therefore Afghan history isn't limited to just Pashtun history. If anything Turkic and Persian history has been older and more dominant throughout Afghanistan, Turks and Persians of Afghanistan used to be an important part of their historic dynasties.

Nope I'm not but been there and got relatives married to them. My paternal and maternal great grand parents were from KPK but unfortunately we don't speak Pashto anymore. What about you?

I have not got any Afghan or Pakhtun family. I was born and rasied in the UK, but my family come's mostly from Pakistan, scattered across the Punjab and Kashmir.

I have a few Afghan friends though, they are cool dudes.

Back
Top Bottom