What's new

Afghan refugees in Pakistan wait for reforms

Give them citizenship and get it over with.

If only it were that simple, the political and economic situation would worsen. Perhaps a foreign legion type of military program is in order? Serve in the military and you with your family can become citizens.

Come on lads, Pakistan receives money for keeping those immigrants, we are talking $133 million.
UNHCR - Pakistan
What are the big thing here, millions of Afghan have already left Pakistan, and hopefully in the near future, most of those who are left can return home.

It is Pakistans affairs, not Afghanistans. :coffee:

You think, we kept every 5th Afghan on our soul for 'money' ? - Shame on your face !

Come on lads, Pakistan receives money for keeping those immigrants, we are talking $133 million.
UNHCR - Pakistan
What are the big thing here, millions of Afghan have already left Pakistan, and hopefully in the near future, most of those who are left can return home.

What is big? $133 million or non stop terrorism & criminal activities in Pakistan? Don't show your ungratefulness because people like you makes the whole nation looks bad. Pakistan in 80's welcomed Afghan refugees with open arms without any greed...what happened after that world knows how you pay back.

@Topic. IMO give citizenship to those Afghans who love & accept Pakistan as their motherland, rest can be send back to Afghanistan ASAP.

Your ancestors immigrated to the Indian Subcontinent from Central Asia with the Mughals

There is no such thing as indian subcontinent...if you want you can call your home indian subcontinent as much as you want but have some respect for other Pakistanis.

Last edited by a moderator:
UNHCR - Pakistan

@Afghan-India, I have to tip my hat to you and thank you and I think Pakistanis owe you a favor.

I wish I have more time later to unpack the math of what $133 million boils down to: but in summary it is roughly $44 USD per Afghan per year. Or just over 10 cents (US per day per Afghan) which is 10 rupees per day per Afghan. If I remember, I'll post the price of onions and bread later today.

The missing balance of hosting your nation my dear, is borne by the poor Pakistani farmer like my cousin, the poor Pakistani laborer, the Pakistani doctor, etc.

Now back to thanking you and why Pakistanis actually might owe you a favor: I hope one day such displays of blatant entitlement and ingratitude by educated Afghans like yourself wake the Pakistani people from their stupor: so that they realize what type of a people (Afghans) they are dealing with.

Once again Thanks you.

@Afghan-India, I have to tip my hat to you and thank you and I think Pakistanis owe you a favor.

I wish I have more time later to unpack the math of what $133 million boils down to: but in summary it is roughly $44 USD per Afghan per year. Or just over 10 cents (US per day per Afghan) which is 10 rupees per day per Afghan. If I remember, I'll post the price of onions and bread later today.

The missing balance of hosting your nation my dear, is borne by the poor Pakistani farmer like my cousin, the poor Pakistani laborer, the Pakistani doctor, etc.

Now back to thanking you and why Pakistanis actually might owe you a favor: I hope one day such displays of blatant entitlement and ingratitude by educated Afghans like yourself wake the Pakistani people from their stupor: so that they realize what type of a people (Afghans) they are dealing with.

Once again Thanks you.

Come on, you don't mean that all Afghans in Pakistan are unemployed, and not a part of the Pakistani economy, therefore the $133 million dollar, is for those whom are living in camps etc.
I think that UN have a reason for this amount of money, or do you maybe know better?

What is big? $133 million or non stop terrorism & criminal activities in Pakistan? Don't show your ungratefulness because people like you makes the whole nation looks bad. Pakistan in 80's welcomed Afghan refugees with open arms without any greed...what happened after that world knows how you pay back..

Saying that your societies problems is due to immigrants is nonsense, and the world know that you guys were getting bunch of money back in the 80's and now for keeping afghan immigrants.
Afterall you guys are the creator of terrorism, Osama bin Laden wasn't killed in Afghanistan you know?

Come on, you don't mean that all Afghans in Pakistan are unemployed, and not a part of the Pakistani economy, therefore the $133 million dollar, is for those whom are living in camps etc.
I think that UN have a reason for this amount of money, or do you maybe know better?

lol -- thank you again -- thank you again -- this is good - this will help Pakistanis stay in perspective

Let me quote here one of my favorite pieces by Maj. Gen. Peter Fuller - who, well, has extensive experience in shall we say **giving** to the Afghans:

“Why don’t you just poke me in the eye with a needle! You’ve got to be kidding me … I’m sorry, we just gave you $11.6 billion and now you’re telling me, ‘I don’t really care’?”

Once again Thanks you.

I usually don't agree with some of your views, but this I can agree with.

Saying that your societies problems is due to immigrants is nonsense, and the world know that you guys were getting bunch of money back in the 80's and now for keeping afghan immigrants.
Afterall you guys are the creator of terrorism, Osama bin Laden wasn't killed in Afghanistan you know?

So over a hundred billion dollars economic loss, a large chunk of it due to the refugee problem, and Pakistan is only getting $133 million dollars for it's troubles? Seems legit.

Dear, I don't think you quite understand how to do math, let alone use critical thinking skills.

By the way, Afghans aren't immigrants in the traditional sense, they're refugees. If they came to Pakistan to become citizens, then it would be one thing, but you and I both know that this is not the case.

Sad, isn't it - your agreement implies that the probability is higher that the following sordid reality is true:

That the traumatized people we let into our homes - hate us.

There is no such thing as indian subcontinent...if you want you can call your home indian subcontinent as much as you want but have some respect for other Pakistanis.

It was a joke between myself & @Pakistanisage - Don't get your knickers in a twist !

Sad, isn't it - your agreement implies that the probability is higher that the following sordid reality is true:

That the traumatized people we let into our homes - hate us.

Go through this, brother :Journey of Friendship - Pakistan's Assistance to Afghanistan

Yeah you too @Afghan-India to get an idea of the $133 million that we got !

So over a hundred billion dollars economic loss, a large chunk of it due to the refugee problem, and Pakistan is only getting $133 million dollars for it's troubles? Seems legit.

Dear, I don't think you quite understand how to do math, let alone use critical thinking skills.

By the way, Afghans aren't immigrants in the traditional sense, they're refugees. If they came to Pakistan to become citizens, then it would be one thing, but you and I both know that this is not the case.

You can't do math, you can calculate, that's the difference.
Hundred billion, hahah the whole Pakistani economy is only worth $150 billion.

and why do you believe that all afghans wants to hurt Pakistan?

If you Afghanistanis are angels & Pakistanis are devils ask the incharges of your country(US & Europe) to build a wall @ Pak-Afghan border, what is stopping you? As i said don't show your ungratefulness because the $133 million is peanuts even for taking care of peaceful refugees let alone the refugees from Afghanistan who messed up our country Pakistan badly.

It was a joke between myself & @Pakistanisage - Don't get your knickers in a twist !

Well this thread is not in member's club & so every thread is not a joke town in other words this is called trolling.

P.S Didn't knew you had your knickers on.

and why do you believe that all afghans wants to hurt Pakistan?

Pakistan's economy is ranked at 27th in the world in terms of PPP, and 44th largest in terms of nominal GDP. Compare that to Afghanistan which is ranked 104th in PPP, and 106th in nominal GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

Pakistan's economy is ranked at 27th in the world in terms of PPP, and 44th largest in terms of nominal GDP. Compare that to Afghanistan which is ranked 104th in PPP, and 106th in nominal GDP.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are a genie, whats is Afghanistan population and what is Pakistan?
if you look at GDP per capita, you will get a much different result.

Back
Top Bottom